Chris Eagles - MultiMerge Thread

Ibroxblue

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eagles another winger and striker and we're good to go I think. Possibly a RB too?

..............Greegs...............

Whittaker?....Weir/Webster...Bougherra....Papac

Eagles....Davis...McCulloch...NEW

..........Miller...NEW............

Not bad :clap:

I can tell you with absolute certainty we will not be buying a right back

I think the question mark about Whittaker is whether or not it will be Whittaker or Broadfoot?

He had in the 1st line "possibly a RB"

Oh yeah, just noticed that doh!

If the Thomson money was needed for the Eagles move

Then how come the Eagles deal is almost complete before the Thomson deal

The obvious answer would be that we don't actually need the Thomson money.

On a related note--I hate to bring up the Bheggers' activity, but do the signings of Ledley and Suarez put them over the top in the title race? Even if we sign Eagles and maybe a decent 3rd striker?

Eagles another winger and striker and we're good to go I think. Possibly a RB too?

I agree with that.

McCulloch though :anguish:

Why so much pessimism regarding big Lee :unsure: Probably our most consistent player last season.I can't think of anyone

( In the SPL) who plays his position better,and It wouldn't surprise me if his was the first name Walter pencils in on

his team sheet,and don't forget Davis is on record,implying that McCulloch the guy he wants beside him.

If the Thomson money was needed for the Eagles move

Then how come the Eagles deal is almost complete before the Thomson deal

The obvious answer would be that we don't actually need the Thomson money.

On a related note--I hate to bring up the Bheggers' activity, but do the signings of Ledley and Suarez put them over the top in the title race? Even if we sign Eagles and maybe a decent 3rd striker?

No.

Since January they have lost Boruc, Kamara, N'Guemo, Caldwell, McManus, Robson, McDonald & Keane and McGeady might still leave too.

That's eight certain first team starters (plus McManus who I actually thought would come back this Summer) whereas of the players we have lost since then only Mendes, Boyd & Thomson were certain to start for us.

There is so much being made of our financial position that the sheer number of big names leaving them is being completly overlooked.

I agree with that.

McCulloch though :anguish:

Why so much pessimism regarding big Lee :unsure: Probably our most consistent player last season.I can't think of anyone

( In the SPL) who plays his position better,and It wouldn't surprise me if his was the first name Walter pencils in on

his team sheet,and don't forget Davis is on record,implying that McCulloch the guy he wants beside him.

That means nothing. The best interviewer in the world couldn't get Davis to say 'aye, I'd actually rather have big Mo than McCulloch', even if he felt like that.

But I agree that people are probably too harsh on McCulloch. I still think Edu is the better player and better athlete though, and if both are on top form, it's Edu all day.

McCulloch's experienced, strong and comfy in four or five positions and therefore an excellent option from the bench.