Chris Eagles - MultiMerge Thread

Ibroxblue

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect a statement saying we tried to secure a replacement for Thomson, but we are getting priced out the market...

I can see it now (tu)

It's vintage us and the sad things is the majority will eat it up, and we'll just downsize some more. (td)

But its alright because we still have Davis who can play RM and Edu and Mcculloch can play in the centre :BELM:

It's cool Naismith can fill in both positions too :sherlock:

What a waste of 2 days, oh well thats Rangers for you, full of broken promises and half hearted targets. anguish.gif

And Rangers promised you that we were signing Eagles?

I wasn't just on about eagles, its to do with the promises on the finances side of things, selling and buy players and contracts all seems to be a big circus and no one has a clew whats going on. Eagles wasn't interested fair enough, but the supposed transfer money the wage gap the not needing to sell players and big fiasco at players signing contracts no one has 100% explained it they dodge the questions. Eagles it was 2 good to be true TBH was happening to fast something was going to fuck up sooner or later, now all the stupid rumors are appearing e.g. Bullard. All we need now is offers for Boggie or Davis and thats when things get really intresting. On the other hand i'm still 75% optimistic about the new season should be fun.

I cannot believe the ridiculous response by some people on here! Eagles clearly wants more money than the club are willing to pay. We should not be restructuring our wagebill to suit anybody. Not anybody! Offering higher wages than we can afford is the reason we're in trouble financially. Use your fucking brains people! We should not be offering anybody more than we can afford, no matter how highly that player rates themselves.

well in that case we will have to search around the spl for signings because we aint going to be able to afford anybody from the likes of england

I cannot believe the ridiculous response by some people on here! Eagles clearly wants more money than the club are willing to pay. We should not be restructuring our wagebill to suit anybody. Not anybody! Offering higher wages than we can afford is the reason we're in trouble financially. Use your fucking brains people! We should not be offering anybody more than we can afford, no matter how highly that player rates themselves.

OR

maybe the money was good enough, but uprooting his family just wouldnt be worth it

kev a wee bit out mate

for rangers to get him up here then his agent would have given us his wage demands before we even put in an offer for him

only other way would be for him to move his demands after our fee was agreed with his club

Im just annoyed because as you said if you "use your brain" Eagles signed for Burnley from Man Utd on a youth contract and when he signed for Burnley they were tipped for mid-table in the championship if they were lucky.

Now when they got promoted he didnt sign a new contract so wont have had any sort of wage increase, at least not long term, so what the real meaning of all this is that we cannot afford to pay wages for someone who is on a mid -table Championship team wage.

Theres no way to sugar coat that.

You know what the details of the deal were, do you?

How many times have we seen this scenario?

C'mon it's classic us, we punt a player pull out the old we have a replacement lined up trick and then it falls through...

You have to admire it though, it's bided our club some time and took the pressure off for a little longer. :beer1:

I wonder if Burnley asked for proof that we had the £1.2M or so that we offered? :sherlock:

Im just annoyed because as you said if you "use your brain" Eagles signed for Burnley from Man Utd on a youth contract and when he signed for Burnley they were tipped for mid-table in the championship if they were lucky.

Now when they got promoted he didnt sign a new contract so wont have had any sort of wage increase, at least not long term, so what the real meaning of all this is that we cannot afford to pay wages for someone who is on a mid -table Championship team wage.

Theres no way to sugar coat that.

And you know what Eagles is on currently? And you know what he can get elsewhere? Either way, does it matter? Giving players wages we can't afford would be terrible financial management and will only put us further in the shit!

maybe what we offered him was acceptable though, maybe the whole contract was good enough, but moving his family up to scotland wasnt?

either way its no ones fault

C'mon it's classic us, we punt a player pull out the old we have a replacement lined up trick and then it falls through...

You have to admire it though, it's bided our club some time and took the pressure off for a little longer. :beer1:

so true

What a load of shite.

kev a wee bit out mate

for rangers to get him up here then his agent would have given us his wage demands before we even put in an offer for him

only other way would be for him to move his demands after our fee was agreed with his club

We've brought him up to negotiate a deal. I very much doubt we'd be offering him what he wants anyway. But he refuses to budge and we say "Fine then. We'll offer you £xxxxx but no more. Have a think about it". He's left and decided he doesn't want to settle for the money. He wants more than we are willing to offer and the deal falls through. There's no blame on the club there imo.

yes we agree no blame on the club but what im saying is we would have known his demands before bringing him up thats what the agent would have sorted out before he travelled

there would be no point in us agreeing a fee and offering 15k a week when his demands would be 25k(this is just an example)