Chris Eagles - MultiMerge Thread

Ibroxblue

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe the ridiculous response by some people on here! Eagles clearly wants more money than the club are willing to pay. We should not be restructuring our wagebill to suit anybody. Not anybody! Offering higher wages than we can afford is the reason we're in trouble financially. Use your fucking brains people! We should not be offering anybody more than we can afford, no matter how highly that player rates themselves.

You know what the details of the deal were, do you?

How many times have we seen this scenario?

Of course I don't! But we do know we couldn't agree personal terms, so its clear that we could not agree wages with Eagles, therefore he must be wanting more than we are willing to offer.

If there was ever any serious chance of a deal going through.

Most other transfers are decided and the visit to the ground is a formality. Not with us.

Yes It's embarssing that we cant afford the money.

Why?

Because it's got to the point that Glasgow Rangers cant afford to pay the wages of a Burnley player!!

You do realise we are 30million in debt dont you ? ffs get a grip.

If we had a wage cap and Eagles wanted more than that would you really want us to go over that for him ?

Yes I fucking do obviously.

No I wouldn't but why would he go over say 18K? Hes on 15K at Burnley and its just about to go down because they got relegated so I dont see how he would go over about 18k and round about 18k is what the wage cap is supposedly.

And people get a fucking grip.

We lost out on a player big deal, all the pish you lot are coming out with and we don't even know why he didn't join us.

Its actually quite funny the way you lot are going on :lol:.

SPL is that bad 6 CL games cant attract anymore :lol: jesus.

This place is going into meltdown and i think im going to leave :D.

it is sad that any player would turn down a chance to play for glasgow rangers but these are the tough time we face.

i personally think its his loss.

lets move on to some cunt that wants to pull on the famous jersey :21::21:

RANGERS have announced tonight that they will not be signing Chris Eagles due to the player's wage demands.

The Light Blues had agreed a fee with Burnley for the 24-year-old winger who visited Ibrox and Murray Park yesterday but a deal has not been struck.

Martin BainChief Executive Martin Bain insisted that Rangers will now look elsewhere as they bid to bolster the squad ahead of the new campaign.

He also indicated that he expects Kevin Thomson to complete his transfer to Middlesbrough tomorrow once paperwork is completed.

The Rangers Chief Executive said: "Yesterday, we agreed a fee with Burnley for winger Chris Eagles and he visited Ibrox and Murray Park, but his wage demands were such that they would not be met by the Club.

"It is disappointing we were not able to agree terms with the player, who received a good offer, and we will now look elsewhere.

"I have stated already that we recognise the squad requires fresh faces but the transfer window closes in August and we will take our time to decide on the best way of utilising the resources we have.

"Subject to final paperwork Kevin Thomson will sign for Middlesbrough tomorrow."

Some of the replies in here are embarrassing!

A player rejected us, so what? He's well within his rights, we don't have the same pulling power we used to have.

However, we know there's money there and we know Smith is looking for a winger, so no panic at all from me.

Fuck this "we move on shit" this club is on its knees

Exactly the club is a fucking state im fucking sick of it the fans get told absolute fuck all there are some serious wankers at our club they expect us to pay for tops,season tickets and the rest but yet we go on selling top player after top player and get fuck all in return

Everyone with a lower post count than me is a wanker

Everyone with a higher post count is a cunt

Shit that makes me a wanker whereas I usually am called the C word - but at least the C's are useful (unless you are married like I am!!)

Honestly couldn't care less,It had to be a money thing with him,so if that was the case,then I'd say we have dodged a bullet. (tu)

will most players not be a money thing? the only way we will get any players is if we offer them more than the other teams do, playing in the SPL is hardly gonna swing things our way when we are negotiating

RANGERS have announced tonight that they will not be signing Chris Eagles due to the player's wage demands.

The Light Blues had agreed a fee with Burnley for the 24-year-old winger who visited Ibrox and Murray Park yesterday but a deal has not been struck.

Martin BainChief Executive Martin Bain insisted that Rangers will now look elsewhere as they bid to bolster the squad ahead of the new campaign.

He also indicated that he expects Kevin Thomson to complete his transfer to Middlesbrough tomorrow once paperwork is completed.

The Rangers Chief Executive said: "Yesterday, we agreed a fee with Burnley for winger Chris Eagles and he visited Ibrox and Murray Park, but his wage demands were such that they would not be met by the Club.

"It is disappointing we were not able to agree terms with the player, who received a good offer, and we will now look elsewhere.

"I have stated already that we recognise the squad requires fresh faces but the transfer window closes in August and we will take our time to decide on the best way of utilising the resources we have.

"Subject to final paperwork Kevin Thomson will sign for Middlesbrough tomorrow."

So the original title "Eagles "rejects" Rangers" is a little misleading. Perhaps "Rangers reject Eagle wage demands" would be a more apt title.

Noobers that write these stories.. doh

I cannot believe the ridiculous response by some people on here! Eagles clearly wants more money than the club are willing to pay. We should not be restructuring our wagebill to suit anybody. Not anybody! Offering higher wages than we can afford is the reason we're in trouble financially. Use your fucking brains people! We should not be offering anybody more than we can afford, no matter how highly that player rates themselves.

Move over Marco!

No one here knows why he rejected us at the moment, and to think the worst case scenario - wasn't impressed with the club/wasn't sold to him - is as good an assumption to think than him wanting to many wages. Less of you Devils Advocate eh?

OR, scrap that due to the recent post above :craphead:

I am of the opinion he never intended to join our club.

I reckon he used us to make himself look desirable and always planned to reject our offer. In the hope that now in the eyes of certain premiership clubshe will appear to be a bigger player than both Burnley and Rangers can keep hold of.

Looking into it too much maybe but he looks like a right slimey character.

Now that's left us with plenty time and no hassle, take all the time you need. Infact we don't need anybody, keep the money til next season and give it to McCoist!

Well played yet again :clap:

"Don't call me a wanker if you have 55 posts" :lol: made me chuckle

yes you can only call somebody a wanker on here after you have made 100 posts didnt you know that lol

No, 56 is the magic number.