Roland Juhasz

Gaffbear

No it wouldn't it is virtualy 1 for 1 meaning 3 million euros is nearly 3 million pounds

The pound has always been more valuable than the EURO, if the EURO was particularly shit relative to the pound right now, then it wouldn't be anywhere near 1 to 1, I'm not disagreeing with him that EURO 3million is close to £3million right now, just disagreeing with him saying that this means the Euro is shit as it actually means it's stronger relative to the pound, if it was really shit they'd be further away (say 3million Euro only equal to £1.5m)

The pound has always been more valuable than the EURO, if the EURO was particularly shit relative to the pound right now, then it wouldn't be anywhere near 1 to 1, I'm not disagreeing with him that EURO 3million is close to £3million right now, just disagreeing with him saying that this means the Euro is shit as it actually means it's stronger relative to the pound, if it was really shit they'd be further away (say 3million Euro only equal to £1.5m)

Lets just be thankful its not Dollars eh.

Rangers today tabled bids totalling £4million for Anderlecht centre-half Roland Juhasz and Den Haag winger Wesley Verhoek.

The Ibrox club were awaiting responses from both clubs after meeting the Belgian side’s £2.5m valuation for the 28-year-old Hungarian Juhasz

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/rangers-in-4m-raid-for-duo-1.1114494

Rangers today tabled bids totalling £4million for Anderlecht centre-half Roland Juhasz and Den Haag winger Wesley Verhoek.

The Ibrox club were awaiting responses from both clubs after meeting the Belgian side’s £2.5m valuation for the 28-year-old Hungarian Juhasz

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/rangers-in-4m-raid-for-duo-1.1114494

I still think the bid's are 500K short on both of them.

Very interesting. 2.5m? Must be fucking brilliant. :lol:

The thing is you'll always make a profit on these players. Within a few years of being a stand out in this shitey league and English will come in with a bid 2 or 3 times the amount we pay.

No, obviously not. I just feel they will get declined.

Hmm I'm not so sure.

1.5m seems decent for this Dutch lad final year of his contract, cup tied. 2.5m is also a relatively high offer for a CB in Belgium.

I'm hopeful. :D

If we get Juhasz then it does not signal the end of our chase for Carlos Cuellar IMO.

If Bougherra leaves then we will need another CB in. If we end up with CB options of Juhasz, Cuellar, Goian and Weir I will be happy enough.

I'm glad we have bid for these players but I'm a little worried about our lack of a central midfield target. I fear that McCoist actually thinks we have adequate personnel there with edu and mcculloch :(

Said this a few days ago Ally is gonna over look the CM area, because the numbers we have in their

Edu hutton Jig and ness 3 out of the 4 aint good enough IMO, but what can we do?

Fingers crossed Ally sees this.

Edu is capable of being a important player for us. He showed his ability in the run in season 09/10 but every since his injury hes been a shambles.

Would be fantastic if he got back to top form like he does for USA!

Edu is capable of being a important player for us. He showed his ability in the run in season 09/10 but every since his injury hes been a shambles.

I agree, when he is on form, Edu adds a lot to our team. However, if someone was to come in with 2.5million then I would bite your hand off

I dont think anyone in that MF is helped by having to play with Jig.

Just like no-one in the back 4 is helped by having to play alongside Weir.

I'll bet cuellar, Wilson or bougherra would disagree with you there about weir.

I would hedge my bets that Cuellar, Boogie, Broadfoot, Papac, Dailly, Whittaker .............. basically anyone who has played alongside Weir would disagree with you.

I would hedge my bets that Cuellar, Boogie, Broadfoot, Papac, Dailly, Whittaker .............. basically anyone who has played alongside Weir would disagree with you.

Im sure they would as would most of the MFs that play alongside Jig.

Doesnt change the fact that they have to overcompensate when either play.

Im sure they would as would most of the MFs that play alongside Jig.

Doesnt change the fact that they have to overcompensate when either play.

Again I'd disagree with Jig, at leats Weir has played for 200 years at CB, Jig has played for er about 2 or 3 seasons at CM.

I'm not taking away the fact that they are no longer good enough however!