***Inverness CT vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Even though Inverness are bottom, have failed to win a game yet, conceded 7 goals already and are struggling I still expect us to go up there and struggle.

They always make it difficult for us and with a few players out and the Edu-McCulloch partnership no doubt happening again we will make it even harder for ourselves.

We'll win easily by at least 2 goals.

SASA PAPAC will miss Saturday's trip to Inverness but Rangers are keen to point out that he does NOT have pneumonia.

Close friend Nikica Jelavic is expected to shake off a knee knock to take on Terry Butcher's side and Dorin Goian could also be back but the match in the Highlands is probably too soon for Davie Weir.

Papac travelled to Bosnia earlier this week with the intention of ending his international exile but felt unwell and was immediately ruled out of the game with Greece.

He will return to Murray Park where he will be assessed by the medical team who have confirmed that he does not have pneumonia, contrary to reports elsewhwere today.

Papac won't be ready to face Inverness and is suspended for next Thursday's Europa League Play-off first leg with Maribor after two yellow cards in the Champions League qualifier with Malmo.

However, he could be back to take on Motherwell at Fir Park on Sunday, August 21.

Jelavic, meanwhile, suffered a slight knee knock in the friendly with Chelsea last weekend but he is on target to play at Inverness.

Dorin Goian and Davie Weir have been working with the physios all week as they recover from hamstring strains and it is the Romanian centre back who has the better chance of playing on Saturday.

Rangers have also to make a decision on whether Steven Whittaker can play as he has a broken toe.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110811/papac-not-serious_2254024_2416727

Hopefully Sasa Papac makes a full and speedy recovery.

Great news RE: Nikica Jelavic and this scare once again highlights our need for another quality striker!

A broken toe - Whittaker should not play.

If Whittaker has a broken toe.Has been at fault for a few of our goals and got sent off stupidly then it begs the question.....Just what the fuck will it take for McCoist to drop him (rest him if you want to be PC) and play McMillan or Broadfoot at right back?

If he plays with a broken toe then it tells me youth is going to be waiting a long time for their chance under Sally.

I completely agree with your post, but using timmy's name for Ally? Really? <cr>

"Sky go" will be getting used for this one as I'm rostered to work sat + sun :(

It should beat listening to it on the radio which I find quite distressing :lol: , they make it sound like the opposing teams are about to score with an attack and yet when u see the actual footage its nowhere near a goal

Footy on the Radio is Torture

McGregor

McMillan Bartley Goian Wallace

McCulloch

Ortiz Davis McKay

Naismith Jelavic

McKay has returned to Australia and is not a Rangers player yet.

That defence would do me but i think McCoist will look at it and think it's too young and inexperienced. After all it is Inverness Caley Thistle we are playing and we cannot take any chances by playing too many young players.

Whittaker will play either at right back or in the centre. If he is moved in to the centre it will be as a result of Goian not being fit which means either Broadfoot or McMillan at right back. I think he will go with Broadfoot personally.

Matters not what team he picks its ICT ffs and whoever goes out should be good enough to beat them or they shouldn't be at Rangers.

McKay has returned to Australia and is not a Rangers player yet.

That defence would do me but i think McCoist will look at it and think it's too young and inexperienced. After all it is Inverness Caley Thistle we are playing and we cannot take any chances by playing too many young players.

Whittaker will play either at right back or in the centre. If he is moved in to the centre it will be as a result of Goian not being fit which means either Broadfoot or McMillan at right back. I think he will go with Broadfoot personally.

Matters not what team he picks its ICT ffs and whoever goes out should be good enough to beat them or they shouldn't be at Rangers.

I'd of said the same thing against Malmo. :(

I'd of said the same thing against Malmo. :(

Don't worry you weren't alone.

Not going to go over old ground but if by some miracle they do make it to the group stages they will get humped home and away. They were no better than St Mirren or St Johnstone.

Yes we missed a few sitters but the failure to stretch them and inject some pace on the wing cost us big time.

Couldn't believe i was watching the clock count down and McCoist happy to leave his subs on the bench knowing we needed a goal. Then repeating it in the 2nd leg when we were going out.

Every game we play these days is fraught with danger and none of us are ever confident of trouncing the opposition.

Makes you wonder if he actually witnessed the last 5 or 6 games of last season and the ability we have when we line up correctly and show the opposition no respect.

Makes you wonder if he actually witnessed the last 5 or 6 games of last season and the ability we have when we line up correctly and show the opposition no respect.

That's easily the most frustrating thing about McCoist and occasionally Walter.

If we picked a tactic that worked really well, it would be changed back to the tactics/lineup we previously struggled with in the next game. I find it absolutely bizarre.

That's easily the most frustrating thing about McCoist and occasionally Walter.

If we picked a tactic that worked really well, it would be changed back to the tactics/lineup we previously struggled with in the next game. I find it absolutely bizarre.

And they wonder why they get so much stick.

Now everyone knows we have lost Bougherra since Kilmarnock and Lafferty and Weir are injured and Wylde is on the naughty step.

Nothing to stop McCoist playing Wylde out on the left with Wallace behind him. If anything it has the potential to be even more attack minded given Papac's reluctance to go to the byline.

On the right he can easily put Ortiz out there with Whittaker behind him or McMillan if he is not fit.

In the centre he can play Goian/Bartley or Broadfoot.

Put Davis in the middle with either Edu or McCulloch not both and Naismith with Jelavic up front.

Classic 4-4-2 and the same kind of aggression and tempo that blew Kilmarnock away in 7 minutes.

It can be done against most teams in the league if the manager goes with it but for some reason they both want Edu and McCulloch in the middle which has been proved time and again to be detrimental to the flow of the team.