Bring Back The Billy Boys!

NorthernLights

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye fekk it, getting our house in order and the limelight shifting to that lot now so why not, I'm sure the club will be behind the f****n version anaw that. And now that the scum Re getting it in the ear why not help them out eh. Change the words yes and to the ones wanting f****n maybe ask yourself where your priorities lie, are they with the club and the responsibilities the club has in this day and age or are your priorities about getting sanctions.

Domestically or Europe there is no place for it

Until we, as a fan base, join that lots fans and stand together we won't get anywhere. Time to stop the pettiness and see the real enemy.

you are probably right,but most of the tims are so easily offended.Dont think most of us care what the fuck they sing,as we are only to happy to return their complements..BRING BACK THE BILLY BOYS....PLEASE..SECTERAINISM ISNT A FOOTBALL PROBLEM..

as for the record speaking to a cop in FOCUS ( the new unit)

The billy boys and Super Rangers need changed

The billy boys - up to our knees in Celtic blood

Super Rangers - we hate celtic Inbred bastards and we'll..you know!

RST/RSA/RWG/UB & TBO need to do it.....how do you think the barcelona 72 song started and four men had a dream?

we can bring them back and defend it, make sure the board is aware also.....

Should but can't.

Freedom of Speech is no longer in this society. Dr Stuart Waiton was correct when he said you should be able to sing whatever the hell you want at a football match no matter how "offensive" the other side finds it.

No matter how much i want the Billy Boys to return i know fine well it won't.

And give it 12 months and vast chunks of our songbook will be gone as well and that will include Derry's Walls, The Sash, Build My Gallows, UDR4 etc etc etc.

Football is being killed by the very people who hate the game and have no interest in it,

I don't give a damn if that lot sing their IRA songs or anything offensive. For me the whole idea of going to a football match was to hear this singing and give it laldy in return.

Political Correctness will kill our game in a few short years along with the over zealous policing of fans. Some would say it is already here but it won't be long before the clubs and authorities start looking at half empty grounds in Glasgow and ask why the fans aren't attending.

wont happen as we have already stood by these songs, none of them are offensive or incite violence as the bill will say and they are cultural heritage of our Identification as a Protestant identified football club.

although it will be hard times for Bears and plod may make it hard :wanker:

I think we need to bring it back and I agree that we really need the club and our associated groups to be on board or it won’t go anywhere.

Even before we take it to the above, I think it’s down to the bears on these forums to come up with some suitable alternatives.

I’m thinking both the following lines need to be changed:

'were up to our knees in f****n blood, surrender or you'll die'

because if the pc brigade (inc some of us) get offended by f****n blood they will also get offended by surrender or you’ll die.

I would like to hope this thread continues but not as a debate on the ‘rights or wrongs’ of the billy boys or if it should be ‘brought back or not’ but more of ideas on what the new words could be.

Now this board has over 24000 members with the total posts over 4.5 million so surely we can come up with some good ideas for new words.

I think ideas that are more rangers related and football related would be better choices rather than trying to get a dig in against the scum as then there’s no real reason for anyone (fat alex, police, offended fc, uefa, rc mouthpieces etc) to refuse us singing it.

It needs to words that are easy sung and to the same beat as the original. Im not sure if that the correct terminolgy but its the only one i know.

Im contradicting myslef with my following idea but its not exactly offensive:

'were up to our knees in celtic scarfs'

pretty piss poor I know and I haven’t even got a second line but its open to criticism but so should all ideas until we find a consensus.

Personally I don’t like the ‘were up to our knees in toast and cheese’, its maybe funny but its shit.

Also ‘No-one likes us we dont care surrender or you'll die’ doesn’t fit in and we really need to get away from this you’ll die. This you’ll die will never ever get accepted, its a fkn death threat.

but im sure we have thousands of more creative bears than me, so any ideas?

Just on the words…

I'd need to hear the new words first.

I was just consistantly offended by the original version.

Actually tbh, I'd prefer we didn't sing at all. It's just a nonsense going to watch a sport and having grown men stand singing about their love for other men.

You need to try harder.. :lol: