Division 3 please

Gillete

Can we decide to do this

I personally don't know if it's financially better to stay in the SPL but I'd rather we opted out

We have no chance of winning the league for years

Get the high earners out, play the youth debt free and come back as strong as ever

In doing so

We fuck the Sky deal for every other club who have stabbed us in the back

Let them see Scottish football without their biggest club

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd division for me...don't no if I could stomache paying for a season ticket playing against teams who have jumped on our death bed in recent months....let's start again with youth in the 3rd division......We need unity and strong leadership in the coming months or our team could be finished forever.......Fukking totally pig sick.

Dive 3 def the route to take, just wonder what the process is and if it is possible.

I would imagine we would need to resign from the SPL, then when the SPL promote another club the SFL has a free space and apply for that.

Surely they would want Rangers as opposed to some other clubs applying.

Time may be a factor as well with fixtures due to be released next week.

We also need to consider if Green is willing to drop down divisions, maybe he sees more money can be made in SPL regardless of what penalties they impose.

Can we decide to do this

I personally don't know if it's financially better to stay in the SPL but I'd rather we opted out

We have no chance of winning the league for years

Get the high earners out, play the youth debt free and come back as strong as ever

In doing so

We fuck the Sky deal for every other club who have stabbed us in the back

Let them see Scottish football without their biggest club

now that hmrc have decided to veto the cva,i think instead of going cap in hand to those fuckin spl clubs who are gloating at us,and asking to be allowed into the spl,we should apply to the sfl and go the the 3rd div,with no european football for three years it makes sense (i think) it'll give us a chance tio build up a squad again and hopefully win the divisions on our way back up,mind you will there be an spl if we go this way? as i can see scottish football collapsing.

I think whilst many chairmen of other clubs have been vocal about our punishments, I view it like a game of chess. They were setting up for this very possibility that we now face, strengthening their own position. Realistically, they both want and need us in the SPL, but want to ensure that they benefit in the biggest possible way. This will be achieved by lessening our TV money (more for them), imposing points deductions (more chance of them finishing higher = more money) and doing whatever it takes to keep us down.

They do want us in the SPL, but want to dictate terms. I'd rather see us re-enter Div3 but don't think Green will favour that route...

I agree that division 3 is the correct way to go. Or division 1. I would accept being relegated in place of Dunfermline as a punishment. It allows us to start afresh, shed the wage bill and put money in the bank. Id rather start in a lower division on 0 points than in the SPL with a deficit, financial penalties rtc that could see us relegated anyway.

I'd leave the SPL in a heartbeat but Green to me seems more interested in staying where we are under whatever penalities they place against us.

I'd have no interest in seeing us hamstrung in a division just so other clubs can benefit from our situation.

We are starting out debt free...why not just start out from the bottom? We are going to lose virtually all our big names anyway are we not? 3 years of no Europe and whatever other punishments they place agaisnt us for staying in the SPL.

No big player will stay with a team that cannot compete an cannot qualify for Europe. All of our top men will leave. This is more serious a situation than Juve getting relegated because their players knew that 1 season and they'd be back at the top. If we stay in the SPL the other clubs will impose points deficits and financial penalties for up to 3 seasons. Our squad is going to be decimated even if we are allowed in the SPL. No brainer for me, take a year or 3 out and drop down the leagues with a fresh start.

I would expect most fans would, given everything that's gone on, prefer to fuck over the SPL, but as Scottio says I expect Green won't be happy to start in Division 3. He better not bend over and take it from those SPL arseholes although I suspect the biggest hit from this whole sorry mess, apart from ourselves obviously, will be for the tims because I fully expect we will be playing in the SPL but with the terms of voting rights and financial share of TV monies to be divided the way the other ten want it to be, giving them a greater share and the tims and ourselves less. Because the other option they have to is reject our SPL application and then vote to change that structure anyway, leaving the tims up shit creek without a paddle. There is a huge part of me that wants to see this happen.

I have no interest in helping out those who hate us and who have been kicking us whilst we've been down.

Fuck the SPL.

All bets (agreements and contracts) are out the window if a NewCo is started.....including the one which requires clubs to give two years notice for quitting the SPL.

Fuck them - let's go. :angry:

I would be extremely suprised if Green is still with us next season. Whatever backers he had will now sell for a profit and run.

Division 3 would be financial suicide for Scottish football and the SPL teams know this.

Expect a punishment of being relegated a division with Dundee being promoted.