***The Official Dundee United v Rangers Thread***

wearethepeople1

We enter cup competitions to win. So, Ally, the squad has now had quite a few months to gel. You have the chance to play an SPL side, No Rangers fans at the game. What a challenge as a manager and what a challenge for the team. Whatever you think you know or don't know about the ability and attitude of the team, whatever you think you know or don't know about your skill as a manager - it matters only a little on a day like this. What really matters is you represent Rangers and you do your job. And the job is to win the game.

Keep believing!! Will be a very hard challenge and I hope L McLeod will be fit, but somehow doubt it. Nevertheless we have a chance of a notable win and must fight tooth and nail to get it. Hopefully Jig will be fit for this game.

Now is the time for all the SPL experienced players to step up. Alexander, Wallace, Black, Shiels, Sandaza, Templeton, Perry and Little. Plus let the promise of our youth players to shine through. (McLeod if fit, McKay, Naismith, Aird, Crawford etc.)

No surrender to this mob. We CAN win this.

A lot depends on our defence. Let's hope Cribari and Perry shine and Argyriou plays well at RB - please not Faure. (Hegarty likely injured.)

Worried about our defence on both flanks; we do not have a decent right back apart from a central defender in that position.Faure just cannot defend or do much,I do not believe Argyriou would get a game in junior leagues.Wallace great going forward but lacking in defence and whoever plays either full back position gets little help from Templeton. I feel that Dundee Hibs will try to take advantage from the flanks.Upfront we have been toothless in the last two games and I have no expectations that Sandaza will suddenly become a striker.

We need to get back to playing a faster tempo,press the opposition and try to attack with pace which has to start with slicker faster play from midfield which will be hindered badly if McLeod is missing. Black seems unable to gather the ball and move or pass it without stopping.

We need Shiels to be busy and McCulloch to get into shooting positions and above all McKay to play from the start not just because he is a talent and a danger but because I fear he is getting sickened at being on the bench. Like many I think Ally will be negative and I do not think we have the defensive strength or mettle to play that game.

We proved against an in form,at the time,Motherwell that by pressing and attacking we can compete with and defeat a spl team so the attitude and tactics have to be right.

If we play with the same tactics we did against motherwell we will thump them

I was just thinking this myself.

Attitude and application is vital.

Funny how the closer we get to this Game tje more confident I am we can beat them.

Jig will cause them all sorts of bother.

He is a Lion and can lead us with the other Lee at the back.

Remember we are Rangers.

Utd are pish....

We are giving them too much credit.

Their support is pish..a paltry amount watched them at the weekend.

if we raise our game then we are more than capable of beating them. Whether that is likely to happen or not remains to be seen.

Anyway lets get stuck right in tae them

Hoping that the more experienced players up their game in the face of decent opposition, we know they are all capable on their day, and that the younger lads play with no fear.

In all probability we will get beat, though there is always a chance and if Ally can fire them up then we could see ourseleves through to the next round. (perhaps via a replay).

The last thing I want is a replay. I'd prefer we went out rather than boost the Dundee HIVs coffers with a game at Ibrox.

Fuck them & fuck their tainted competitions.

I'd really like us to win the cup, dont get me wrong, but some things are more important, in my opinion.

The last thing I want is a replay. I'd prefer we went out rather than boost the Dundee HIVs coffers with a game at Ibrox.

I'd really like us to win the cup, dont get me wrong, but some things are more important, in my opinion.

Fucking hell :anguish:

Disagree totally, i'd love to bring them back to a hostile Ibrox.

Winning the Scottish Cup this season would be one of the greatest ever triumphs and the positive effect of that would rank far higher than the small negative of contributing to Dundee Utd financially (tu)

see exactly what you mean, a replay at ibrox would earn them miles more than the game at weekend. I want these clubs to suffer. I can't wait before we have to vote no to newco.

Ne great to beat them, but think it will be a draw unfortunately

Worried about our defence on both flanks; we do not have a decent right back apart from a central defender in that position.Faure just cannot defend or do much,I do not believe Argyriou would get a game in junior leagues.Wallace great going forward but lacking in defence and whoever plays either full back position gets little help from Templeton. I feel that Dundee Hibs will try to take advantage from the flanks.Upfront we have been toothless in the last two games and I have no expectations that Sandaza will suddenly become a striker.

We need to get back to playing a faster tempo,press the opposition and try to attack with pace which has to start with slicker faster play from midfield which will be hindered badly if McLeod is missing. Black seems unable to gather the ball and move or pass it without stopping.

We need Shiels to be busy and McCulloch to get into shooting positions and above all McKay to play from the start not just because he is a talent and a danger but because I fear he is getting sickened at being on the bench. Like many I think Ally will be negative and I do not think we have the defensive strength or mettle to play that game.

We proved against an in form,at the time,Motherwell that by pressing and attacking we can compete with and defeat a spl team so the attitude and tactics have to be right.

I agree with most of this, but with the right ATTITUDE, we have a chance of a win.