***The Official Elgin City vs Rangers Thread***

BlueMe

I suspect Jig and Faure will swap positions at some point.

Start of the game perhaps? :lol:

Seriously perplexed with again putting Hegarty out at RB...he offers nothing going forward and our top scorer is out on the wing again...woohoo!

Argyriou has been bad the past few games, if you are going to drop him then Hegarty is the best of a bad bunch to replace him.

I think we will look like this today -

Alexander

Hegarty Jig Cribari Wallace

Black Faure

Little Crawford Aird

Sandaza

I can't work that team out at all.

Jig - With the order of the line up, looks like he is playing at the back, but then Faure is supposed to be a centre half.

Faure - As above, is he really in midfield? He made his debut for us in midfield if I remember correctly. I hope the centre of the park doesn't have just Black and Faure because I don't think either of them thinks fast enough. Looking at the bench though I don't think Ally has much choice for centre midfield. Where is Hutton? We all heard the rumours at the start of the season when he wasn't getting a game. He hasn't even made the bench. Is there a problem?

Little - Right mid again?

Not being too critical, just confused. All will hopefully make sense in 25 mins.

Edit - Just read the official site and it all makes sense. Even answered my question on Hutton.

http://www.rangersfc.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3551-four-changes-for-gers

McCulloch in midfield is even worse than Faure in midfield. I cannot fathom what the thought process behind that line-up was.

McCoist wanted to

change things up and make it look like he was giving the players a boot up the arse, but at the same time he couldn't bring himself

to drop his favourites that need to be dropped so he rearanges the whole team just to fit his pals in.

Argyriou might offer more width going forward than Hegarty but defensively he is rotten, we have been terrible at the back so he's looked to tighten up the back. I reckon it will often play as a back 3 with Wallace pushing forward.