Notice of Complaint Issued to Ian Black

Ferdasyn

To those saying that betting against your team and throwing the match are two different things, I would ask why any player would risk it unless he particularly wanted to win the bet? It doesn't strike me as plausible that a player would bet on his team losing, knowing that he would be in very deep shit indeed if anyone found out, and then try as hard as possible to win in that match. You need the reward to outweigh the risk.

Spot on.

To those saying that betting against your team and throwing the match are two different things, I would ask why any player would risk it unless he particularly wanted to win the bet? It doesn't strike me as plausible that a player would bet on his team losing, knowing that he would be in very deep shit indeed if anyone found out, and then try as hard as possible to win in that match. You need the reward to outweigh the risk.

True, but with the notable exception of games where you reckon you're odds on to lose regardless of effort. It's still daft however, as it casts serious doubt over the player in question, especially if their performances are deemed to be sub standard.

Bearing in mind that a certain player in the east of Scotland has been involved with recreational use of cocaine on more than one occasion and is still plying his trade it does seem odd that this has taken so long to be presented. I get the feeling that this has been presented to the SFA by a third party, perhaps one of those groups that have low level paper gatherers in their number.

Who ?

True, but with the notable exception of games where you reckon you're odds on to lose regardless of effort. It's still daft however, as it casts serious doubt over the player in question, especially if their performances are deemed to be sub standard.

Don't get me wrong, I have bet against teams or sportsmen that I wanted to win, to soften the blow if they lose, but if you're a footballer you KNOW how it would look if you got caught doing. I just can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to bet against their own team unless they were attempting to fix matches. It would be so much easier, not to mention more controllable, to bet on your team to win and then work as hard as you can to help that happen. If you get caught doing THAT, you get a fine or a slap on the wrist and nobody thinks of you as a cheat, just that you're a bit daft and maybe greedy.

Well if he's guilty for betting whilst playing for us, I'm sure he'll get the same treatment as Sandaza did.

Any others for muddying our name even more....?

Well if he's guilty for betting whilst playing for us, I'm sure he'll get the same treatment as Sandaza did.

That's exactly what should happen if guilty, silly little fucker.

Any others for muddying our name even more....?

Don't get me wrong, I have bet against teams or sportsmen that I wanted to win, to soften the blow if they lose, but if you're a footballer you KNOW how it would look if you got caught doing. I just can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to bet against their own team unless they were attempting to fix matches. It would be so much easier, not to mention more controllable, to bet on your team to win and then work as hard as you can to help that happen. If you get caught doing THAT, you get a fine or a slap on the wrist and nobody thinks of you as a cheat, just that you're a bit daft and maybe greedy.

Indeed, I can only imagine that temping odds would result in such stupidity.

Perhaps in the course of investigating Dermot Desmond for founding, owning and running Betdaq in which odds are laid and bet on HIS club every week, as well as his shares in Ladbrokes where similar betting is allowed, they got Iain Blacks name in a "sweetner" deal. **

** Please note the above post was meant as a joke and no allegation of covering up a potential bigger breach of Disciplinary Rule 22 is intended on anyones part. :sherlock:

Some people need to wake up - this isn't some ploy by the big bad SFA to hammer our players - he's obviously recently been caught/ someone has put forward evidence.

Indeed, someone has obviously grassed him up. Some people see an anti-Rangers conspiracy in everything.