***The Official Rangers v Arbroath thread***

bluenose_72

Bell

Foster McCulloch Mohsni Smith

Peralta

Law MacLeod Templeton

Clark Daly

Subs: Kelly, McAusland, Faure, Shiels, Crawford, Little, McKay.

Anybody know if Zaliukas can play as a trialist or am I imagining things? Haha

Buzzing for this game! Might be stuck up in the Club Deck but get a cracking view! :21:

Hope its good win with Daly and Clark getting among the goals. I think Peralta and Moshni will play - Moshni from the start and Peralta coming on as a sub as I think he has much less match time than the others. Can't be there as I'm on holiday (flied the Indian Ocean so three hours ahead here) but hoping to tune in to the game on RTV. Here's hoping for a really big crowd too to welcome the new players. I think it might be Ally's 100th game in charge and if it is then here's hoping for a great day for him.

Looking forward to focusing on the football again.

Can see Daly, Law, Foster and Smith of the new signings coming in. Don't think we'll see too many pushed in all at once too early.

Maybe something like:

Bell

Foster Jig Faure Smith

McAusland

Templeton Law Macleod

Daly Shiels

Looking forward to focusing in the football again.

Can see Daly, Law, Foster and Smith of the new signings coming in. Don't think we'll see too many pushed in all at once too early.

Maybe something like:

Bell

Foster Jig Faure Smith

McAusland

Templeton Law Macleod

Daly Shiels

I would rather see McAusland at RB and perhaps Peralta at DM if that's the system but tbh we could easily put a more attacking midfielder such as Shiels or Crawford in and play a 4-3-1-2 as do we really need a DM against Arbroath? Especially with our new signings to come in.

I am excited to see Arnie incorporated into the team. When he played in preseason at RM he sounded a good player, so I think primarily he'll play there over DM (if possible). He was away with Honduras but didn't figure in the squads, I'm assuming because of fitness mainly.

The new signings have not been able to work on their match fitness and due to this I don't think we should expect too much from them too soon. Another reason, along with not wanting to destabilise the squad, for not putting too many of them in all at once.

From what we've seen so far from them there's lots to be positive about. When they are all up to speed the competition in the squad will guarentee us a much higher quality and energy than last season.

Buzzing. Our season starts now. :D

I am excited to see Arnie incorporated into the team. When he played in preseason at RM he sounded a good player, so I think primarily he'll play there over DM (if possible). He was away with Honduras but didn't figure in the squads, I'm assuming because of fitness mainly.

Read somewhere he was suspended.

I would rather see McAusland at RB and perhaps Peralta at DM if that's the system but tbh we could easily put a more attacking midfielder such as Shiels or Crawford in and play a 4-3-1-2 as do we really need a DM against Arbroath? Especially with our new signings to come in.

Getting to your point, with Jig and Faure at CB in my line up I feel Kyle's youth and energy will help cover their deficiencies in mobility.

Also with the 4-1-3-2 formation we have used, while it can be designed around the DM role, I think mainly we'll see it as a CM with 3 AM in front. McAusland done well in that position in preseason and I'd be comfortable with him deputising for Black.

My line up is just an educated guess, I think it's a strong line up but with Mohsni, Clark, Peralta, Black etc to cone in we will only improve imo.

Really excited for Stage 2 and can see the quality in the squad Ally is building for our comeback.

Doubt they would have called him up if he was suspended mate....

It was on the official site.

Peralta himself wasn’t involved in the match - which takes the Hondurans into the third and final qualifying spot from the North, Central America and Caribbean section - as he was suspended.

Don't know if they played 2 games though, suspended for the 1st then missed out the 2nd.