please just go McCoist

GOAT

Nothing wrong with investing in good players, but why are these players playing such a turgid standard of football?

Yes we keep winning, but it's horrible to watch. Grinding out results against part time clubs with a fraction of the budget isn't acceptable, or at least it shouldn't be.

On top of that, I bet it costs us money in the long run. With such a horrible style of football, I imagine TV viewers will drop, and as such so will advertising revenue and TV deals.

From professional to amateur players stoop to a level.

It shouldn't happen but it does.

Maybe I'm easier to please but this team is a lot more pleasing on the eye than last season. From Sheffield and Newcastle it could see we were a lot better than last season.

You're reading too much into revenue streams. What if wed showed the 8 0 game on sky, would that bring us in an extra million? It's as daft as saying playing poorly at times will bring in less advertising revenue

Well we lost players this summer and tbh the youngsters are shite.

Macleod is the only decent one. Both CEOs backed the manager with signings due to this.

There's no plan b we need to get to the premier. Wether it was ally or Capello we would invest in the standard of player we did.

Avoid the green bluster of how we need a cup, the signings were sanctioned so that we couldn't fail at all. Failure would be catastrophic

It would but I don't think our promotion chances would be in any jeopardy by having less than we've got now, the teams down here are really rotten.

I'm not trying to overplay the youngsters but if none of them are good enough for part time level then Murray Park really must be useless.

Only the late Matt Busby. Even SAF took time at Man U to start winning trophies.

SAF didn't inherit a job with a team that had won 3 titles in a row. Taking away admin, McCoist failed in his first season as manager. Threw away a double figures points lead in the league (before admin), knocked out of the 2 domestic cups (before admin) and put out of Europe twice (guess what, before admin).

We all know about the performances of last year. Even with a budget god knows how many times greater than our opposition we still struggled in games.

This season has improved, at times, but performance wise not good enough. It is a results driven business though and he should get all the praise in the world for this seasons results, Forfar aside.

It would but I don't think our promotion chances would be in any jeopardy by having less than we've got now, the teams down here are really rotten.

I'm not trying to overplay the youngsters but if none of them are good enough for part time level then Murray Park really must be useless.

They may be better in leagues where you don't have to battle like fuck every week. Our under 20s played ict reserves off the park the other day and came off with a 2-2 draw. Nearly 30 attempts to caleys 8 so these boys have talent but it's not all about how you play at Murray park in front of 3 guys and a dog.

Playing for Rangers takes a special type of person. I still think foster looks like he's scared at times. I also think Clark's shown signs of it as well.

But that's just my opinion on it

Vicente Del Bosque was sacked after one season despite winning the Champions League. Any Manager wanting to take charge of Real Madrid will know that not only must they produce a winning team but they must produce a winning team that plays an attractive style of football.

We are not Madrid, but the premise surely remains the same and I would have thought that this is something we should all aspire to?

We are not Madrid but more to the point we do not play in the Spanish league.

We conceded 5 goals this season and 3 of them where in the freak game at brechin. Not a bad start by all accounts

Points wise, great start.

Entertaining football wise, shite.

Not sure how that can be argued with, surely no one thinks the football we are playing at the moment is:

A. Good to watch?

B. The foundation of a style to help us when we are back in the top league?

We are not Madrid but more to the point we do not play in the Spanish league.

Your point makes no sense what so ever. Madrid fans expect to see good football in addition to winning - hence why Del Bosque was sacked after winning the Champions league.

Why should we be different in that respect? The league we play in is immaterial.

Your point makes no sense what so ever. Madrid fans expect to see good football in addition to winning - hence why Del Bosque was sacked after winning the Champions league.

Why should we be different in that respect? The league we play in is immaterial.

I thought that pars team aspired to seeing how many bones they could break. Would Madrid have to deal with that and would they produce good football while they were doing it.

Every club in scotland would be laughing at us over this thread. The only unbeaten team in europes fans calling for the head of the manager who happens to be a legend at the club. Fucking boak.

Every club in scotland would be laughing at us over this thread. The only unbeaten team in europes fans calling for the head of the manager who happens to be a legend at the club. Fucking boak.

Who cares about his legendary status, he's not a player anymore. He's our a manager and a fucken rotten one at that.

The overreaction a in this thread grow by the day.

Just a couple of points. Our football really hasn't been that bad. Hey, it's not been silky smooth, one-touch beautiful football, but there have been plenty of patches of very decent stuff. There's been a noticeable dip recently, I'm not entirely sure why, but we aren't playing aswell as we were at the start of the season. Thankfully, we're still scoring lots of goals and winning games comfortably in the end. We're taking a kicking at times but not shirking the challenge. The brightest thing for me is you can see the hunger and desire in the players, they desperately want to win. And so far, they are. 15 wins in a row.

The youngsters thing is a little irksome at times. We'd all love to be winning games with a team full of youth product but frankly, Scotland doesn't have an abundance of them. I don't think anyone other than Macleod 'demands' a place in our side, and while I feel there is the opportunity to blood them a bit more than we are currently, who am I to argue when we keep winning. Said it in the Gasporotto thread, Ally will take a heap if shite from some 'fans' regardless of whether he keeps a winning side together or if he risks losing the 100% record by throwing in younger lads.

There are some players who's reputation grows massively when they aren't involved or when someone shite is playing in their position (hello Andy Mitchell), and people need to keep that in mind sometime when bitching about why x, y and z aren't playing. I'd hope to see more of these younger guys as the season goes on, as players like Little and Foster succumb to injury. Also very hopeful for the next age group down, there are some promising lads at that level. They'll get their chance if they are good enough

Points wise, great start.

Entertaining football wise, shite.

Not sure how that can be argued with, surely no one thinks the football we are playing at the moment is:

A. Good to watch?

B. The foundation of a style to help us when we are back in the top league?

This has been the case for years now. You always get the mono brain-celled retort, "would you rather play well and lose?" pish. As if it were mutually exclusive to play well and win.

Who cares about his legendary status, he's not a player anymore. He's our a manager and a fucken rotten one at that.

In all seriousness how is he rotten with an unbeaten record? I understand the frustration with the less than graceful football but to say hes "rotten" is a gross overreaction imo

Are you sure you 'SUPPORT' Rangers or do you just want to run them into the ground at every opportunity?

Fuck sake Goat give up the Ally hating while we are winning.

SAF didn't inherit a job with a team that had won 3 titles in a row. Taking away admin, McCoist failed in his first season as manager. Threw away a double figures points lead in the league (before admin), knocked out of the 2 domestic cups (before admin) and put out of Europe twice (guess what, before admin).

We all know about the performances of last year. Even with a budget god knows how many times greater than our opposition we still struggled in games.

This season has improved, at times, but performance wise not good enough. It is a results driven business though and he should get all the praise in the world for this seasons results, Forfar aside.

Ally McCoist walked into the dressing room after Christmas and told the players he did not want to win the title, in his first season? No? Did he put the goalies top on and let in goals that lost us games? No? Did he put the famous no. 9 jersey on and miss the goals that could have won us games?

Do you see how silly this is sounding?

Ally did not spunk the points on his tod, the team did.

As I posted on another thread, Souness didn't give young players a chance either. Walter was not known for bringing on young talent. Wonder what GOAT's opinion on these two are?

Who mentioned youth players?