please just go McCoist

GOAT

The Naismith injury also played a big part in my opinion. he was the lynch pin in our team and almost everything went trough him

Is amazing what tricks memory can play, he was the player I was most frustrated with, every 1-2 he was involved when he was not on the end of it failed, if he was the final player then it was always good. Didn't work well with others was his report card.

Selfish wee shite.

Don't really think it's attention seeking, but it is over the top.

The underlying point is that the style of football under Ally (and Walter for the most part) is very hard on the eyes and a throw back to decades ago, as opposed to the more modern, press, pass and move philosophy.

Understandable for Walter as he is obviously older, but really highlights why Ally wasn't the right man for the job given he had only learned under him and no one else.

That's pretty fair (tu)

I look at Ally's team and just cant get excited by it, we hump almost every team but find it hard to break teams down in the first half? Our power and fitness come into play in the 2nd half of games.

I don't see much creativity or invention or even someone with the licence to have a bit of individuality in the team.

I don't entirely blame Ally, he knows if he doesn't win the league convincingly enough the knives will be out for him but on the other hand I really dont think we'll see a player coming to Rangers and becoming a better player playing under Ally.

We're going to need more than just power and fitness in the Championship next Season and in the Premiership the following season so I guess I was kind of hoping that the two seasons in the bottom two tiers would be used to implement a style and system and a brand of football that would entice and excite the fans so we'd be well equipped to play teams off the park when we stepped back up to playing against full time clubs

Is amazing what tricks memory can play, he was the player I was most frustrated with, every 1-2 he was involved when he was not on the end of it failed, if he was the final player then it was always good. Didn't work well with others was his report card.

Selfish wee shite.

Possibly in previous seasons Ian, but in season 2011-2012 he was outstanding.

He scored 8 goals in his first 8 games, including 2 against the filth,

I look at Ally's team and just cant get excited by it, we hump almost every team but find it hard to break teams down in the first half? Our power and fitness come into play in the 2nd half of games.

I don't see much creativity or invention or even someone with the licence to have a bit of individuality in the team.

I don't entirely blame Ally, he knows if he doesn't win the league convincingly enough the knives will be out for him but on the other hand I really dont think we'll see a player coming to Rangers and becoming a better player playing under Ally.

We're going to need more than just power and fitness in the Championship next Season and in the Premiership the following season so I guess I was kind of hoping that the two seasons in the bottom two tiers would be used to implement a style and system and a brand of football that would entice and excite the fans so we'd be well equipped to play teams off the park when we stepped back up to playing against full time clubs

Ally's problem is he is trying to put his best 11 players on the pitch and he thinks that makes the best team.

To play through teams you need width and movement.

We have 4 central midfielders most weeks and no real width,

Wallace becomes our best attacking option because the midfield is narrow and he gets the space to charge down that side.

We are basically lopsided because we are stronger on the left when we attack.

Without the quick wide players, we don't really get in behind teams as often as we should do and we are often restricted to long balls to Daly.

I don't mind this as long as we support and gamble on the 2nd ball, but we don't even do this.

Don't really think it's attention seeking, but it is over the top.

The underlying point is that the style of football under Ally (and Walter for the most part) is very hard on the eyes and a throw back to decades ago, as opposed to the more modern, press, pass and move philosophy.

Understandable for Walter as he is obviously older, but really highlights why Ally wasn't the right man for the job given he had only learned under him and no one else.

He has made the exact same thread at least half a dozen times. If it's not attention-seeking, what is it? Clearly Ally can't hear him. RM isn't GOAT's diary. Perhaps we can now take it as a given, until told otherwise, that GOAT wants Ally to go. No further threads are necessary. It's fucking boring.

Does the op think McCoist reads this forum? How many times has he posted these threads? Who will Rangers be able to get in right now as manager of McCoist did leave?

He's just as bad as the people who shout sack the board but they don't know who they want to replace them.

I don't think he's the right man to lead Rangers to win the SPL and compete in Europe but i'm happy to let him continue until we get back to the SPL.

With all the boardroom madness we don't need a change of manager yet. Ally deserves to see us back in the top tier but then I think he will be out of his depth.

We have better players than last year but we are not playing a good passing game of football. Last night we had Temps & Little on (weakening the team to about what it might have been if we had played the game on a Saturday instead of postponing) and when substitutions were made they were forced & then bad. We have several lads like Barrie McKay who should be on the bench & getting on to liven things up but Ally plays his favourites I guess.

The jurys out for Ally.

But last night did he not change to a back 3, push Wallace up to left mid and Temps on the other flank.

The tactical change (regardless if it was a forced due to Fosters injury) worked and we won the game.

Hes getting better!

imo its gonna be difficult to pass the ball about when teams come to break legs.

The longer this run goes the more determined, ruthless and dirty these teams are going to become.

Bring it on!

Also bring McAusland back and get foster to fuck!

Ally's problem is he is trying to put his best 11 players on the pitch and he thinks that makes the best team.

To play through teams you need width and movement.

We have 4 central midfielders most weeks and no real width,

Wallace becomes our best attacking option because the midfield is narrow and he gets the space to charge down that side.

We are basically lopsided because we are stronger on the left when we attack.

Without the quick wide players, we don't really get in behind teams as often as we should do and we are often restricted to long balls to Daly.

I don't mind this as long as we support and gamble on the 2nd ball, but we don't even do this.

Basically, you have summed things up perfectly. Also a narrow system is usually a defensive ploy; ridiculous in our position when week after week the opposition is sitting defending for the most part.

The jurys out for Ally.

But last night did he not change to a back 3, push Wallace up to left mid and Temps on the other flank.

The tactical change (regardless if it was a forced due to Fosters injury) worked and we won the game.

Hes getting better!

imo its gonna be difficult to pass the ball about when teams come to break legs.

The longer this run goes the more determined, ruthless and dirty these teams are going to become.

Bring it on!

Also bring McAusland back and get foster to fuck!

Fair enough to defend the manager mate but imagining tactical changes that did not happen hardly adds weight to your argument!

Fair enough to defend the manager mate but imagining tactical changes that did not happen hardly adds weight to your argument!

I think we went to a 3 at one point too, may have only been for a short spell when Perralta went off

When Hutton came on he went straight into the holding midfield role, Black seemed to be just right of Centre and Wallace actually pushed on slightly. I was stuggling to understand it myself at the time. Because we really did not have a right mid.

Not really sure the coaching staff or the players knew what was going on at that stage.

yes he did. he changed to a back 3 when foster went off.

Faure Jig Moshni

Wallace Hutton Black Temps

Law

Clark Daly

You can't sack or tel a manager to leave after winning :lol:

However the football on show last night was howling yet again, he really needs to up his game in terms of getting us to play some good football.

It will end in tears if this punt it up the park stuff continues when we get back to playing teams who find us out easily like Caley and United last season.

Anybody happy with how our team is playing, or has ever played under McCoist, is off their heads. All this 100% win stuff really doesn't count for much given who we are playing.

I, to my shame, watched a recent match between two scottish premiership sides, neither of whom were Celtic, and they both looked by some margin better than us. All this talk of us reaching the Scottish Cup semis is people allowing these results against plumbers to form a false sense of reality. Here's the reality: We have the second best group of players in the country, yet we are a terrible footballing side. We cannot pass the ball at all. We will struggle to beat Falkirk, and if we do and meet an SPL side, even a low table one, we will get played off the park.

What a chance we had to build up a new footballing philosophy. Waste.

yes he did. he changed to a back 3 when foster went off.

Faure Jig Moshni

Wallace Hutton Black Temps

Law

Clark Daly

No he didn't....when foster went off faure came on as a straight replacement at right back....Carson may be right re the second half change (albeit I'm still not convinced) regardless you are wrong!

Really I have to laugh at football fans- ( self included) I have been impressed this year at how we have tried to play on the ground and through the middle - with the occasional long ball in the mix - we don't see the keeper punting up the park as often as last season and we are scoring a barra load of goals.

If anything last night, given how heavy it was underfoot and the water in the park I was getting frustrated that we did NOT revert to the consistent punt but kept playing on the ground - what was lacking was quality in the final third and a lot of that was down to Templeton .

Funny how we see the games differently!

So given all that I trust and support the manager to know much more than me and more than 99.99% on this forum ( manticore - no statistical analysis just an opinion)

In Ally I trust!

The op seems to post these anti Ally threads every 28 days, makes me wonder if he is on the rag? Bad enough these posts when we were playing garbage last season. Played some good football this season fans need to lighten up a wee bit.

Really I have to laugh at football fans- ( self included) I have been impressed this year at how we have tried to play on the ground and through the middle - with the occasional long ball in the mix - we don't see the keeper punting up the park as often as last season and we are scoring a barra load of goals.

If anything last night, given how heavy it was underfoot and the water in the park I was getting frustrated that we did NOT revert to the consistent punt but kept playing on the ground - what was lacking was quality in the final third and a lot of that was down to Templeton .

Funny how we see the games differently!

So given all that I trust and support the manager to know much more than me and more than 99.99% on this forum ( manticore - no statistical analysis just an opinion)

In Ally I trust!

Agree that we see the game differently; last night the long high punt was mopped up easily as it usually is and when we did play on the ground we looked dangerous and effective.

I still remember the first thing I heard from a professional coach " the easiest ball for a defender to cope with is the long ball and the longer in the air the easiest to defend".

The other point which dismays me about our team is the way our players consistently fail to find their man unless the ball is played on the ground.