please just go McCoist

GOAT

Judging by comments in this thread and others we want;

To fill the team with youngsters and create a sort of 'golden generation' for our top flight return.

To have leaders on the park.

To win successive promotions.

To reduce the spending on the team.

To win every game.

To play attractive football whilst winning those games.

To win the Scottish cup.

I'm not sure Ally is the man to deliver all those things, but then again I'm not sure who would be.

A team full of youngsters is that not we did last season? And the same people said the football was brutal. Which it was.

This thread is mental. 15 game winning streak and we find ourselves debating whether mccoist should be manager or not. Who would you want to replace him with? Show a master tactician that will get us playing silky football with a winning mentality. Maybe we can poach pep guardiola eh? Football is about a variety of tactics and formations and ive seen enough goals from pass n move to corners to long balls. It aint like we're any of allardyces teams that just whack it up the pitch. 15 games winning with some good football and some rubbish football- it happens in this game to every team

Sacked is a bit much however we are playing a style of football while effective against plumbers and students will be a disaster back in the SPL.

I've seen enough of Ally to know when the time comes after a couple of seasons floundering in the SPL he won't have left us in good shape. Youngsters not progressing is the biggest disappointment. Guys like Foster and Smith keeping them out is criminal. He will also walk away a very very wealthy man from us. Rangers have been great for Ally make no bones about it.

Did Celtic not get beat off plumbers and students this year? McCoist is not the best manager but he has a team winning every game the now and I will back him until he proves me otherwise, nothing to do with legend status, If PLG did this he would still be in charge and we would love him. It is just people that want to see a legend fail and will pick up everything wrong about him.

The reason our team is being filled with SPL players is due to the fact we can't have a team full of youngsters and risk not going up. A season without promotion is not in the business plan.

It could be catastrophic if ally or any other manager where to try and play a team of kids with a couple of senior pros and we never went up.

No matter who owns Rangers their will not be a plan b. it's 3 promotions and that's it

A team full of youngsters is that not we did last season? And the same people said the football was brutal. Which it was.

Yeah. That was my point. We want to have our cake and eat it. If we were playing more youngsters we wouldn't have our 100% record and some (more) would be going mental. Yet some folk say the 100% record is to be expected given the league we are in.

I doubt many would accept the possibility of not being promoted in order to construct a team of young players for the future.

Yeah. That was my point. We want to have our cake and eat it. If we were playing more youngsters we wouldn't have our 100% record and some (more) would be going mental. Yet some folk say the 100% record is to be expected given the league we are in.

I doubt many would accept the possibility of not being promoted in order to construct a team of young players for the future.

Last year on here was pretty brutal.

The longer our youngsters don't play the better they seem to become. Macleod is proof if you're good enough you will play

Ally is going nowhere for at least until the end of next season. This thread is a nonsense now. Better footie - yes. Some more width with a young winger - yes. Other than that maybe a better CH and RB - yes. Ally being sacked - NONSENSE.

Lets see how we get on next season - that will be much tougher.

I think people's expectations are far too high, how much is enough when winning 15 games in a row is deemed as expected and nothing more? Even then people are still calling for the managers head.

It makes the demands that we play youngsters and adopt an Ajax type footballing philosophy seem faintly ridiculous when the fans expectations are ridiculously high.

So sick of this. The same people that want Ally to go after a 3-1 victory are the same people complaining about us postponing a match, and the same people who would call for his head if we didnt win that match by 3 goals.

Our support is spoiled rotten.

So sick of this. The same people that want Ally to go after a 3-1 victory are the same people complaining about us postponing a match, and the same people who would call for his head if we didnt win that match by 3 goals.

Our support is spoiled rotten.

There's more than a pinch of truth in that. For all Ally's efforts off the field, keeping the Club alive and fighting for justice over our titles thus ensuring Green kept on message in that regard, it seems ridiculous to demand his sacking because the 100% record isn't always pretty enough against teams of hammer-throwers in November.

We play in Scotland. Nobody plays like Barcelona, 1970 Brazil or 70's Cruyff inspired Ajax. Winning whilst not fully emulating total football is the sign of champions. It's part of a winning attitude. If we were playing in an aesthetically pleasing manner to the detriment of a winner attitude, we'd have another, more significant problem, in my opinion. No team always fires on all cylinders.Do not underestimate hammering in the right psychology, especially when we have a chance to cement that mindset before returning to the top tier. That's when you might just be grateful that Ally has instilled some grit, determination and, dare I say it, character.

A lot moan about Ally not being a manager, never in my life have I seen fans ask their manager to leave when they are on a 15 gaming winning streak. In fact I would have thought it would be the other way round extend his contract. Aye I hear you say he brought in SPL players to win the league, if we can afford them why not, we should walk leagues to get to the top again. The way I see it he has to bring in better players as he cannot risk not winning a title to get back to the top. Who picked these players and what was the two reason these players joined our club?? Yes that right they see us as a big club and Ally was the other reason they join, every interview etc all of the players look to Ally for guidance, there must have something that some fans don't see that players do in Ally. I am not say that every game this season has been good but at times even in the top league we battled and got a result, ya we all went home think that was a shite game but its 3 points, these lower leagues are not different not every team in this league are PT players which a lot forget about but seem to think every team and players in this league are cooks and plumbers is just being narrow minded and disrespectful to team we play, no wonder some the fans don't like us. Anyhow said my piece.

Judging by comments in this thread and others we want;

To fill the team with youngsters and create a sort of 'golden generation' for our top flight return.

To have leaders on the park.

To win successive promotions.

To reduce the spending on the team.

To win every game.

To play attractive football whilst winning those games.

To win the Scottish cup.

I'm not sure Ally is the man to deliver all those things, but then again I'm not sure who would be.

That's a list of trouble mate but the one you missed is the one that gets me

To develope a system that allows us to dominate Scottish football even if it takes us 10 years to get back to the top league.

The reason our team is being filled with SPL players is due to the fact we can't have a team full of youngsters and risk not going up. A season without promotion is not in the business plan.

It could be catastrophic if ally or any other manager where to try and play a team of kids with a couple of senior pros and we never went up.

No matter who owns Rangers their will not be a plan b. it's 3 promotions and that's it

In a nutshell......

Vicente Del Bosque was sacked after one season despite winning the Champions League. Any Manager wanting to take charge of Real Madrid will know that not only must they produce a winning team but they must produce a winning team that plays an attractive style of football.

We are not Madrid, but the premise surely remains the same and I would have thought that this is something we should all aspire to?

Why not just use last seasons squad then? We won it by 20 odd points after all and there's hardly a lot of difference between the leagues.

Good enough for the promotions clearly.

Well we lost players this summer and tbh the youngsters are shite.

Macleod is the only decent one. Both CEOs backed the manager with signings due to this.

There's no plan b we need to get to the premier. Wether it was ally or Capello we would invest in the standard of player we did.

Avoid the green bluster of how we need a cup, the signings were sanctioned so that we couldn't fail at all. Failure would be catastrophic

Nothing wrong with investing in good players, but why are these players playing such a turgid standard of football?

Yes we keep winning, but it's horrible to watch. Grinding out results against part time clubs with a fraction of the budget isn't acceptable, or at least it shouldn't be.

On top of that, I bet it costs us money in the long run. With such a horrible style of football, I imagine TV viewers will drop, and as such so will advertising revenue and TV deals.