please just go McCoist

GOAT

Ally McCoist walked into the dressing room after Christmas and told the players he did not want to win the title, in his first season? No? Did he put the goalies top on and let in goals that lost us games? No? Did he put the famous no. 9 jersey on and miss the goals that could have won us games?

Do you see how silly this is sounding?

Ally did not spunk the points on his tod, the team did.

So it was all the players fault then? No blame with the manager whatsoever then? :lol:

So it was all the players fault then? No blame with the manager whatsoever then? :lol:

I did not say that. I said he did not do it on his tod!

What you are implying is that he is so crap he turned a squad of winning players in the first half of a season, into a bunch of losers. Absolutely laughable to lay the blame squarely at Ally's door - especially as he has steadied the ship with a much lesser talented squad.

I thought that pars team aspired to seeing how many bones they could break. Would Madrid have to deal with that and would they produce good football while they were doing it.

Those goons were out to stop us winning by assaulting our players. 6 yellow cards, a Ranger knocked unconscious, captain requiring 6 stitches to his head (defo red card) and Foster brutally injured too (defo red card). All in the first half of the match. Mohsni had his nose broken and Bell was injured too. I lost count of the amount of times they assaulted Ian Black. Yet some are moaning that we didn't play silky passing football. Unreal.

Vicente Del Bosque was sacked after one season despite winning the Champions League. Any Manager wanting to take charge of Real Madrid will know that not only must they produce a winning team but they must produce a winning team that plays an attractive style of football.

We are not Madrid, but the premise surely remains the same and I would have thought that this is something we should all aspire to?

That just makes Real Madrid look stupid and nothing to aspire to

McCoist hasn't a clue as a manager. We will never progress properly with him as manager. The same punt up the park, the same woeful free kick, the same awful corner kick, the same 11 men back at defensive corners, etc.

He criticised Green for comments on how poor a team we had then states we need to spend, spend, spend, in other words, Green was correct.

Postponing 3rd tier games due to only 3 players being on international duty, despite the size and better quality squad we have compared to the opposition.

What do these last two issues say to the peripheral players?

Post of the thread so far.

If I were one of the youths or peripheral players in that squad right now I'd be looking for a move in the January transfer window. This manager clearly has no faith in any of them.

As wonderful as it is to have this long 11-game unbeaten league run...in truth, given the size of this full-time squad compared to other clubs in this part-time division, would most not expect us to be unbeaten at this level?

I agree with those who suggest he won't take us forward or improve us.

I think he found his level last season.

I did not say that. I said he did not do it on his tod!

What you are implying is that he is so crap he turned a squad of winning players in the first half of a season, into a bunch of losers. Absolutely laughable to lay the blame squarely at Ally's door - especially as he has steadied the ship with a much lesser talented squad.

He certainly helped.

With everything else going on at the moment- most of which is negative, and with the Team achieving the wins on the Park required to see us promoted.. Ie the only positive- then the last thing I want to see at the moment is for us to lose our Manager.

With everything else going on at the moment- most of which is negative, and with the Team achieving the wins on the Park required to see us promoted.. Ie the only positive- then the last thing I want to see at the moment is for us to lose our Manager.

Why settle for only one positive?

This is a time to rebuild the Club from the grass roots up. This is the time we should be bringing on our young players giving them the experience they'll need as we move up the leagues. Each season that passes without that ethos is a season wasted as far as I'm concerned.

The last thing we need is a manager who's only thought seems to be "Give me more £'millions to spend!!"

He's learned not one thing since February 2012 if that's his thinking.

Why settle for only one positive?

This is a time to rebuild the Club from the grass roots up. This is the time we should be bringing on our young players giving them the experience they'll need as we move up the leagues. Each season that passes without that ethos is a season wasted as far as I'm concerned.

The last thing we need is a manager who's only thought seems to be "Give me more £'millions to spend!!"

He's learned not one thing since February 2012 if that's his thinking.

I am certainly not 100% comfortable with aspects of AM's performance as manager. My point is- that this is not the time to be trying to mess around with the one area that the Club is achieving the necessary results to see it progress up through the divisions.

I am also of the view that until we are able to play a few games against quality opposition it is impossible to judge the quality/ potential of this current squad. You can only beat what is put in front of you. The teams we have been playing have tended to make up for lack of finesse and skill with physicality. At times it been brutal- but we are, so far getting the wins and indeed the accompanying knocks.

Tell you what, Goat, forget everything else that I disagree with you about on this thread, but if you got your way who is it that you want to actually select and hire a new manager?

You realise that fans can't answer this? People would apply and then subsequently be interviewed?

Because fans can name someone doesn't mean there is no one out there. We are a massive, attractive club with potential to really improve. There's many managers out the willing and able to be better than what we hade currently.

You realise that fans can't answer this? People would apply and then subsequently be interviewed?

Because fans can name someone doesn't mean there is no one out there. We are a massive, attractive club with potential to really improve. There's many managers out the willing and able to be better than what we hade currently.

No, you have misread my question. Who would do the interviews?

No, you have misread my question. Who would do the interviews?

Who could they bring in that would have the backing of the fans that Ally enjoys. If Ally had said to hell with this, I'm not pulling a team together out of nothing in the 4th tier of Scottish football and walked or if Green had decided after our not so clever start to the 3rd division to sack Ally(don't get to excited it's just hypothetical) Would we now be sitting with a third division trophy a Ramsden cup, a Scottish League cup, The Scottish cup, would we have a Team of young players that are the envy of all Scottish clubs. Or would we be on our second or third Manager after Ally with an absolute shambles of a squad struggling to win this league by 20 points.

Super Ally will always be that no matter if he fails at the very top (hypothetical) Any decent Rangers fan will realise and be immensely proud. The man has devoted his life to Rangers. There will not be many be able through all ages to acclaim that