Players refuse 15% wage cut?

Costly

I agree you are an irrelevance, but you have posted that you agree we need to be more financially prudent, wages are one of our largest costs, why is trying to reduce them so surprising.

But your response confirms that you are indeed just posturing.

Where have I stated that trying to reduce wages is surprising? Perhaps you imagined it?

Anyway, you appear to be trying to engineer an argument for some unfathomable reason. No thanks, just leave me to my irrelevance, that way everyone wins.

Put yourself in Nicky Law`s boots.Free agent in the summer,no doubt a few decent offers,but prefer to say in Scotland and Rangers come up with a good offer.A deal is done on that basis.You don`t renege on a deal you made 6 months ago.Either Wallace or Law will be away in the next couple of weeks.

A fair point. I might be pretty reluctant if I was Law and a bit annoyed probably.

Fucking unbelievable to be honest.

Brian Stockbridge should not still have a job at Rangers - Financial director that knows fuck all, now we have a chartered accountant who worked for Liverpool and Arsenal, and their first whole plan to approach this is "Player wage cuts of 15%" - What about cutting the boards wages, or keeping this matter private atleast?

Just what the fuck us going on?

How can we possibly let this news leak out?

It's now clear as crystal that we are big bother financially. We knew there was a review but this bad?????

Players will have to go by hook or by crook but surely the publicity this is getting has just reduced any transfer offers that may come in for Lee Wallace, a guy I thought would maybe go for M£3 will probably now attract daft offers of only M£1 and we will probably need to accept.

Have zero trust in the board and surely next season we need to take our tickets on a walk up basis. Fucked if I'm renewing and paying up front to this crowd of chancers.

"the board have sanctioned too much in wages" "the manager is on too much money" "the players are paid too much" "the board shouldnt be getting bonuses for winning leagues"

All legitimate gripes that have been made constantly, and vocally for bloody months now.

The board have stopped the bonuses, they ( and Allly) have reduced Allys wage, and now that we are trying to cut costs in the squad, which EVERYONE agreed needed to be done, and suddenly admin is around the corner.

crazy

This, a Board who refused to ask King to get involved, Aye great guys these easdales and stockbridge are

Getting money from King would be a one off, it would disappear just like the IPO money because we still spend more than we earn. We need to cut our spending to match our income. Money from King could then be used to buy players rather than pay wages and toilet repairs.

Just what the fuck us going on?

How can we possibly let this news leak out?

It's now clear as crystal that we are big bother financially. We knew there was a review but this bad?????

Players will have to go by hook or by crook but surely the publicity this is getting has just reduced any transfer offers that may come in for Lee Wallace, a guy I thought would maybe go for M£3 will probably now attract daft offers of only M£1 and we will probably need to accept.

Have zero trust in the board and surely next season we need to take our tickets on a walk up basis. Fucked if I'm renewing and paying up front to this crowd of chancers.

Youll be missed.

Of course it's not normal. It makes sense though. And it suggests Wallace has been left an almighty mess that he's starting to try to clean up.

It's not good news obviously, but it doesn't necessarily spell disaster.

It does make some sort of sense, yes. Operating in public view does not however.

Till April ffs. Ah well its all good then eh?...until April.

yep, i like how you pick this comment out and not my last one when i wrote about 15% is nothing to these players. But to some Rangers fans on here saying they are in the right to take over 5 to 10k a week ie Jig. He calls himself a Rangers fan and won't even take a 15% cut which is under 2k to his wages so still gets over 8k a week to play for RANGERS FC. I am sorry but some of those players will need to take a look of themselves should it be them rejecting it

Wallace has to cut costs.

Ally at last has got his wages cut. The other coaches??? The players have been sounded out about a 15% wage cut. That seems a reasonable way to go vs players being cut.

Wonder what the fans will say at Ibrox if the players have a real bad day and lose one? What will they think of players wages then?

They, management and players, may come to some agreement yet.

For what it is worth I believe Ally must have some say in players contracts and wages. Does not seem realistic that he will not have some input.

Costs need to be cut across the board I would think. This is only one of many cuts. We have not heard of others yet.

I dont think we will need markedly better players than we have too walk that division next year and it may be that our financials outweigh footballing requirements

I dont think we should, however its been our plan to now, and I cant see that changing