***** The Official Rangers vs Ayr United Thread *****

How bad does Jon Daly have to play before he gets subbed/dropped?

Aird has to be the worst footballer I've seen play for us - although tonight he actually put a corner in the box that beat the first man.

It'll be interesting to see the reaction to McCoist on Saturday if the footballs as bad as that again.

I used to joke to my pals that draw/rangers was always a good bet to put on but it seems we have to wait on these teams tiring to beat them. Does not bode well for next season.

Very, very uninspiring. It's a real paradox this season. There have been so many games where we have been really dreadful. Like the first half tonight. Yet we could end up with 104 points out if 108! That's some going, even at this level.

Says it all about just how bad the opposition is for all their guts and passion. Definitely some of Europe's very worst teamsm

Ever thought of being a football commentator? Your knowledge of football is legendary.

To be honest I usually say out loud something then the commentator repeats 10 seconds later. I could get a job at RTV Derek oot!

My knowledge is second to none

To be honest I usually say out loud something then the commentator repeats 10 seconds later. I could get a job at RTV Derek oot!

My knowledge is second to none

You can barely string a sentence together. Best stick to the Ally oot chants. I doubt he will hear you from your bedroom though. :dry:

This season has been bizarre in that we were pumped straight out of a cup but now we are on the brink of an unbeaten season. But i believe we all have sat disappointed at performance after performance. Maybe ally should go. But i think he should be allowed to walk off his own back. I just don't think he will.

football we have played has been terrible most of the season. And although i keep hoping it will improve,it doesn't!

job done two seasons. Let the club worry about it now. But thanks for everything ally did when the world was trying to kick us.

only my opinion

This season has been bizarre in that we were pumped straight out of a cup but now we are on the brink of an unbeaten season. But i believe we all have sat disappointed at performance after performance. Maybe ally should go. But i think he should be allowed to walk off his own back. I just don't think he will.

football we have played has been terrible most of the season. And although i keep hoping it will improve,it doesn't!

job done two seasons. Let the club worry about it now. But thanks for everything ally did when the world was trying to kick us.

only my opinion

I really think he is holding us back and as said by the sensible people on here he has a massive wage for him and the team its like going to Gordon Ramsey's restaurant and getting fed a blue lagoon chippy.

Even DJ stated peralta was "absolutely shattered" at the other end of the pitch before his horrendous mistake which cost us the goal. Ally should have been on top of that and substituted him in order to prevent Ayr taking advantage of one of our players in that state. It's fundamental in my book, if a player is not able to perform because of injury or tiredness he has to be substituted if that option is open.

If DJ can see what was wrong with peralta, mccoist should have and taken care of the situation. He didn't bother, and it cost us.

Says it all about just how bad the opposition is for all their guts and passion. Definitely some of Europe's very worst teamsm

Say's a lot about how low thing have gotten that we need to belittle our opponents to get at Rangers...

Lets face it...Weve never been known for silky football...that's not the Rangers way...would we like it? Of course! But not having it and going unbeaten in the league will do me...Roll on next season!

WATP!

So under Advocatt we were not a great footballing team?

I do not go with this Celtic are a passing team like Ajax, Barca etc, and we just play like a pub team.

no wonder the tarriers believe their own press when Rangers fans are brain washed also?

Go get the Advocatt tapes out, Watch Reyna, Albertz, Numan, Gio etc and then come back and say it's not our way.

Played the best football I have seen from a Scottish team

I do not go with this Celtic are a passing team like Ajax, Barca etc, and we just play like a pub team.

no wonder the tarriers believe their own press when Rangers fans are brain washed also?

Go get the Advocatt tapes out, Watch Reyna, Albertz, Numan, Gio etc and then come back and say it's not our way.

Indeed (tu)

Ever thought of being a football commentator? Your knowledge of football is legendary.

Does anyone else notice it's the same three or four people on here defending McCoist and the football. I actually do wonder if they are on multiple accounts, surely no-ones that sad and pathetic though, eh?

Does anyone else notice it's the same three or four people on here defending McCoist and the football. I actually do wonder if they are on multiple accounts, surely no-ones that sad and pathetic though, eh?

Anyone defending ally! IMO has no clue about football or they love him more than Rangers itself. It's getting embarrassing now Ffs.

Spot on Copland, getting sick of hearing this is how we play football we grind out results.

Yes we have always been a battling team who got stuck in, but we played good football to go with it that's why we have won so much.

To show just how bad its got, I got back on the bus last night and everybody was happy because we only have one more game to endure at Ibrox.

Anyone defending ally! IMO has no clue about football or they love him more than Rangers itself. It's getting embarrassing now Ffs.

Yup.

The man is a constant embarrasment to the club, our rivals hope he's here forever and our fans want him gone.

The ones trying to defend him are at it or worse are.....

Same team, same complaints, same uninspiring football.

Daly plays 90 minutes as per usual.

Why is everyone so surprised?

That is McCoist's team and style and it isn't going to change.

I just hope the directors took note at the thousands of empty seats and thought it was worth cancelling those "tough" matches when we had players away on international duty.

I shudder to think just how many tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of pounds these cancellations have cost us.

As well as it being the same old push on the park I see McCourt has trotted out the same "we weren't at our best" line in his post match interview.

More difficult question ally, when were this bunch at their best last and who's job is it to get the best out of them?

only my opinion

Yes and he has been mightily financially rewarded for it too .Get him out ASAP