***the Official Rangers V Hertz Thread***

MacBoyd

It's already over even before this game, second is what we need to concentrate on.

The danger is this becomes a mental stumbling block for the players, having lost twice against hearts and hivs.

In bygone years it would be irrelevant as we had a standard of player that had the mentality to put past successes and failures behind them and run through brick walls for the win. That mental strength is thin on the ground in our current squad.

Seen a clip or two from that Hearts big striker they've just signed, certainly looks a like a brick shithouse, but I don't think he'll have the speed of Keatings which if they go with Zeefuik as a lone striker could be a benefit to us as he won't run beyond McCulloch or McGregor.

Their two wide men are the ones we need to keep quiet, Wallace being back helps us on one side but Foster against Walker or Nicholson worries me big time.

For us we need to change shape. Can't allow Hearts to overrun us in midfield, it was apparent in both games against the Edinburgh sides we couldn't get the ball to the strikers, I would suggest maybe playing Shiels in the hole behind Miller or Clark to help link midfield and attack, while also giving us an extra body in the middle of the park when Hearts have the ball.

After today's latest board move, I hope this doesnt stop the support getting behind the team. As much as I loathe this board, we really need to win this one.

I agree. We need a big crowd backing the team. I'll certainly be there.

Alas, I think recent events, on top of all of the other shit, will affect things.

What's the chances of this getting postponed due to the weather? I would welcome it as the last thing we need is another heavy defeat after today's revelations.

The fans need a break from this pish. It is every fucking day there is another boot in the ribs

The game being postponed would only benefit Hearts.

We need this game to take place tomorrow and we need to win it.

How is ticket sales looking for this?

I think the fact that it's a Friday night and the games been televised live on BT Sport will affect the attendance, plus the weather is causing travel difficulties for those travelling from further afield.