Next Manager/head Coach?

RFC72RFC

Who would you get in for next season in that scenario?

A manager that has to rebuild a threadbare squad with no money, difficulty attracting players and would have to go through the process of assessing the squad all over again. McCall would be ideal for that imo

That's not for me to say but McCall will have ruined any chance of keeping the job if he can't get out this league. It is simply inconceivable. He will have failed in the easiest task in Scottish football. How can he possibly be kept on?

He had too much to do Imo he deserves a year no matter what

No chance, he has by far the best squad in the league and didn't even have to catch the league leaders. Easiest task in the country. Get Rangers promoted from the 2nd division.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jurgen Klopp? :P

Robbie Nelson is probably who I'd go for, I like his attitude towards training and football.

The added bonus is it would noise up Mr.4-6-0.

Neilson has flattered to deceive. Levein calls the shots at Hearts, Neilson is simply a glorified first team coach. They didn't win the league through doing anything spectacular, they won it because we persisted with a pair of idiots in the dugout for so long.

That's not for me to say but McCall will have ruined any chance of keeping the job if he can't get out this league. It is simply inconceivable. He will have failed in the easiest task in Scottish football. How can he possibly be kept on?

No chance, he has by far the best squad in the league and didn't even have to catch the league leaders. Easiest task in the country. Get Rangers promoted from the 2nd division.

I've heard this from you a few times, on paper we may well have had the best squad in this league but really this season has proven that a combination of poor coaching and lack of drive means this squad is not the best in the league and certainty not the best by far - its completely arrogant to suggest otherwise as another team have absolutely romped the league with their squad!

If McCall had been in post from the start of the season I would agree that failing to get promoted could be deemed as unacceptable but with what he inherited and the short time he has to turn it around I think he's done well.

If you feel we can do better than mccall next season in this league it's a total cop out to say its not up to you who we get, I'm asking you who you think is attainable and capable of dealing with the issues in a single preseason since you don't think McCall is...

I've heard this from you a few times, on paper we may well have had the best squad in this league but really this season has proven that a combination of poor coaching and lack of drive means this squad is not the best in the league and certainty not the best by far - its completely arrogant to suggest otherwise as another team have absolutely romped the league with their squad!

If McCall had been in post from the start of the season I would agree that failing to get promoted could be deemed as unacceptable but with what he inherited and the short time he has to turn it around I think he's done well.

If you feel we can do better than mccall next season in this league it's a total cop out to say its not up to you who we get, I'm asking you who you think is attainable and capable of dealing with the issues in a single preseason since you don't think McCall is...

McCoist and his pals being duds does not prove that at all.

Mark Warburton to name one. Karl Robinson another. Me personally i would have numerous people ahead of a man who walked out on Motherwell and left them in a relegation battle.

I still can not understand what why people want cathro . What he done to deserve job . He got no management expernice .look at last preson we hired with no management expernice .where still trying cleaning up his mess. He may have good rep but look at Le Guen he had good rep before comming .le Guen turned out to be shit . McCall should given it full time . He improved squad and I think he should be give a pre season and transfer window bring in his own players.

Did you skip English at school?

Can't see McCall being retained if he cannot get this squad to win promotion. QoS was not a good sign. Livi today is not a good sign. In both cases he is not showing enough that he can set a team up to deal with teams in this league away from home. Its games like these that need to be won week in and week out.

I still can not understand what why people want cathro . What he done to deserve job . He got no management expernice .look at last preson we hired with no management expernice .where still trying cleaning up his mess. He may have good rep but look at Le Guen he had good rep before comming .le Guen turned out to be shit . McCall should given it full time . He improved squad and I think he should be give a pre season and transfer window bring in his own players.

Expernice

Just got to wait and see. McCall I feel will only be there till the end of the season. Magath is still in the background and I think he will be appointed Director of Football. Who would be the first team coach I am not sure who it is likely to be but I would take a risk with Cathro

Imagine we devised a long term football strategy, broadened our horizons outwith managers who have been at the club previously in some capacity, and sought applications from across the globe. Imagine we got these applicants to sell themselves to us, to evidence why we should give them the opportunity to manage our club. Imagine that we recruited the one that best matched the requirements based on the football strategy identified for long term onfield success.

Imagine.

Clearly. At least i'm honest about the fact i don't know who the guy is.

Here's a crazy idea for you. Keep the manager you have if he's winning and doing well instead of chasing a fucking fantasy.

Who is this manager you speak of that is winning and doing well?

It is a gamble - not doubting that , but so would most other managers that are in our price range right now.

I have to admit , I'd like to get away from the usual Scottish type of manager , and Cathro , I think , would be a welcome change to that , particularly with his more recent experience of continental football . I do however understand , and probably agree , in the fact that having someone that has never been a manager in his own right , is too much of a gamble for us right now .

Thank fuck it's not me that ultimately has to make the decision !