Time To Start Building For The Championship?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We will need to rebuild no matter what division we are in.

The team looked tired after about 30 minutes and Mwell got a lucky goal against the run of play; that set them up and took the wind out of our sails for some time. In the last 20 minutes we had 3 younger players on who had legs in them and we put them under sustained pressure and got the goal.

We have played a lot of football in the last 2 weeks and Sunday may be a game too far for us. We have about 13 players out of contract after Sunday so the rebuild will happen, lets hope we have the money and talent to spot and pick up quality players and go to win whatever league we are in.

No surrender; just recharge and go again if needs be.

We've got a game on Sunday, now isn't the time to start building for anything, we won't do anytjing between now and Sunday that would suddenly define how next Season goes, we go on Sunday and try turn this around, if we do we plan for Premiership, ifnnot we plan for Championship, no need for sensationalism mate, I know it's gutting and disheartening but its not an insurmountable deficit, it's 2 goals against the 2nd worst team in the Premiership this Season

Let's wait until Sunday.

I am in no illusion about the standard of our team and that a rebuild is necessary in the close season. However, I find it really difficult to be critical of the team tonight because so many of them looked completely out on their feet after their recent exertions.

We've got a game on Sunday, now isn't the time to start building for anything, we won't do anytjing between now and Sunday that would suddenly define how next Season goes, we go on Sunday and try turn this around, if we do we plan for Premiership, ifnnot we plan for Championship, no need for sensationalism mate, I know it's gutting and disheartening but its not an insurmountable deficit, it's 2 goals against the 2nd worst team in the Premiership this Season

I'm with you Nixon. 2 goals is not insurmountable but this Motherwell side have a great home record but are shocking away.

God knows how we'll go about Sunday but one or two quick goals an you just might see Motherwells bottle crash.

Optimist Loyal!!!!

Total clearout of the old guard required. The only one i'd keep is Shiels, whos inpressed me the past 6 weeks.

Getting Scott Allan signed up us a must. Walsh and Murdoch should be starters next season.

Darren McGregor deserves another season.

So we need a keeper, a left back, right back, center half, Scott Allan, a left winger (although Ferguson looked good tonight so maybe a deal can be struck).

We also need a new strikeforce. Hardie will get a few games, but this will be the most important position next season. We need a striker who'll get us 25+ goals in the championship.

you are absolutely baffled that fans are giving up at 3-1 down after our home tie against motherwell in the playoff final, a game where the players chucked it half an hour before the fans did

if you think this shower has the bottle to go to fir park and score 3 without reply (two if you fancy us in ET or penalties) then you are deluded

Look at me look at me, never had you as a drama Queen, there is still 90 min left in the tie, im glad all fans aren't defeatests like you. Yes it was a bad result and performance but we have another chance on sunday to try and put it right, take it you suggest we dont turn up and give them the tie ?

Look at how last year's playoff final went.

We were complacent coming into this, now let's see how Motherwell deal with the shoe being on the other foot.

They have too many experienced heads to become complacent.

Let's wait until Sunday.

I am in no illusion about the standard of our team and that a rebuild is necessary in the close season. However, I find it really difficult to be critical of the team tonight because so many of them looked completely out on their feet after their recent exertions.

May have played a part, however, that doesn't negate the ability to cross a ball, defend a corner, or at least look like you care when trying to back-check when they're on the counter. Some of the defending would be comedic, only it really ain't funny. Our back line should be accompanied by the Benny Hill music.

Some of the squad simply isn't good enough consistently, others are simply not good enough.

The players never turned up- well some of them, look at the play offs last year and how Hamilton turned it round. Move vuckic up front drop Clark and bring smith in. Smith is defensivly better than Wallace and move Wallace to left wing. Walsh should start before shiels

IF we are in the championship, then Dave King had better do something to put one hell of a sweetener on buying a ST.

Improved infrastructure- coaching, scouting, a DOF and improvements to Ibrox.

Sensible contracts for the league that we're in. No more 3-year deals. Win us promotion, and then we can talk Turkey.

A young, progressive manager who isn't afraid to go against the grain and mix youth with experienced players at that level.

No more fucking returning 'legends'.