Dave Mcpherson Views On El Gardener

Hamie

He will never manage another team on account of him being a terrible manager.

Admin and unstable boardrooms were the best thing to happen to Ally, he was a collosal fuck up of a manager and I'm thankful we're moving well away from those seasons.

Never managed us tbh

Mismanaged certainly.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Dave will always be a good guy and legend for me .I would expect nothing else of the man to stand up for his mate .Sadly Ally will believe this more than the 30 odd thousand that believe his tenure was pitiful .However I've said it many times before .Even after this I'm sure we are in for some surprises regards Ally

Ha ha haters out in force when someone disagrees with them! Oh dear !

FFS peter, are you so besotted with the Gardener that you're willing to accept any ex Ranger's player's paid for puff piece that bigs up his mates disasterous tenure as manager. And as was stated above, NOT one word about his training or selection balls ups? I really think you're living on a different astral plane that the rest of us Rangers supporters mate.

To be fair it was probably the worst time to be manager of us but he made a complete arse of it from players to coaching staff. Warburton has come in and in a few months has done all we have been asking for for the last 4 years.

I'm sure we can all think of a worse time.

Big Dave will always be a good guy and legend for me .I would expect nothing else of the man to stand up for his mate .Sadly Ally will believe this more than the 30 odd thousand that believe his tenure was pitiful .However I've said it many times before .Even after this I'm sure we are in for some surprises regards Ally

Some sense at last.

You just know when you come into threads like this it's going to be full of people overreacting to something that doesn't really matter, throwing minor insults at a good ex-Ranger, and revising history in terms of how good a player he was.

A) Dave McPherson was a good player for us.

B) What he's said here matters not a jot now.

C) He probably said it because he was asked and probably isn't aware of of the kind of ridiculously sensitive reaction it will cause in football forums like this

Good god, we're easily irritated nowadays. Do bear in mind that these kinds of guys contributed very well to the history of the club that we so dearly cherish, a history that we battled hard to save, when you're becoming easily offended by a single unimportant interview.

Give him a bit of slack ffs.

And here I was praising big Davie only yesterday in the Battle of Britain thread yesterday.

A thread that demonstrates exactly why this thread is so ridiculous.

Perspective. Is there any perspective left anywhere?!

270 odd games, numerous trophies and gave all he had on the field v one meaningless interview. It seems a bit unreasonable that you should regret any praise you gave him bearing that in mind.

To be fair it was probably the worst time to be manager of us but he made a complete arse of it from players to coaching staff. Warburton has come in and in a few months has done all we have been asking for for the last 4 years.

MW has us playing a style of Football that is filling Stadiums.

McCoist had us playing a style of Football that emptied them.

walter then Dave Mc, seems they are circling the wagons.

Guy was a bad manager, end of.

Plenty current and ex players now telling it as it is.

To counter that in the Dud's defence they roll out his mentor who got him the gig and donkey dave from Oz.

Someone isn't liking the bad press but is really struggling to put up a defence.

Just like his team.........

It's honestly fucking gutting to me. All Ally had to do was come out and say 'I hold my hands up, I did my best but it wasn't good enough, I

Tried my best , but it wasnt enough. I wish Mark Warburton and the club all the best in the future'.

But no, he Resigned! Kept and keeps taking money from the cub, and gets his pals to try and stick up for him.

Just fuck off Ally, I tried and tried to think the best of my hero growing up.

But now I'd cross the road to avoid you!

And I never thought I'd say that.

Rangers man my arse!

Big Dave is entitled to his opinion. How many games he actually watched was not mentioned, however, the stats may make Ally look a much better manager than he actually was. He did go through one league campaign undefeated, which I'm sure he'll cherish, even though he had the chance to blood some of our youth in the games after we had won the league, which to my mind, was unforgivable.

Ally has wasted our journey, but I'm sure that he will deflect and deny it in his book, once his gardening leave is over with.

Plenty current and ex players now telling it as it is.

To counter that in the Dud's defence they roll out his mentor who got him the gig and donkey dave from Oz.

Someone isn't liking the bad press but is really struggling to put up a defence.

Just like his team.........

Eh? who the fuck is that? :unsure:

FFS peter, are you so besotted with the Gardener that you're willing to accept any ex Ranger's player's paid for puff piece that bigs up his mates disasterous tenure as manager. And as was stated above, NOT one word about his training or selection balls ups? I really think you're living on a different astral plane that the rest of us Rangers supporters mate.

Are me and Davie no allowed our own opinion?

Must we conform ?

Ally's tenure was no where near as bad as some make out nor do folk ever acknowledge the condition under which he had to manage - some folk ( not you) even just make shit up - I'll stick to defending his tenure while the haters boil, exaggerate and fume away - oh and try to belittle and bully those who don't go along with them.

I would love to see ally get another job in management, then it would be clear that he's not a football manager - problem is, no club in their right mind is going to appoint him!

He had too many excuses for playing a terrible brand of football and short term/poor signing policy whilst not modernising anything at the club. Would be nice to see him on someone else's wage bill.

McPherson maybe has the same, result at any cost, short term attitude and can't see the major flaws in ally's on field performance, and he's clearly a friend so hardly going to tell it like it is when there is the easy excuse of the off field problems

Are me and Davie no allowed our own opinion?

Must we conform ?

Ally's tenure was no where near as bad as some make out nor do folk ever acknowledge the condition under which he had to manage -

You are deluded.

McCoist's tenure was a total failure from start to finish, there is no point trying to pretend otherwise as all it does is make you out to look like a fool or worse...

He made an arse of Europe TWICE in his first season, he turned a championship winning side into the laughing stock of Scottish football...getting pumped out the cup to Dundee United and Falkirk on the back of the Euro red necks.

He didn't even fair any better when we were playing against part time hammer throwers. Couldn't even win a Ramsden cup full of lower league sides despite 3 attempts.

Filled the squad up of over paid losers and shitbeags who disgraced the jersey every time they played.

You can continue to pretend McCoists tenure was not as bad as folk make out but the results on the park and football we produced say otherwise.

He's a wage thief and an embarrassment of a man, he has disgraced his name all in the name of £. His pals in the media can try to defend him but to the majority of the fans McCoist is finished.