Lets Have More Of This From Rangers Men

centenarystand

THE outcome of the Big Tax Case hearing this week will have no impact financially on Rangers going forward. For all the issues the new board have to contend with at Ibrox just now, this is not one of them.
There has been talk in some quarters already about other penalties that could be handed down to the club. Any discussion, any notion of title stripping is nonsense, though.
The honours Rangers won during the years that EBTs were in use have to remain with the club and the board will defend Rangers against any move to remove them from our list of achievements.
Those SPL titles, the Scottish Cups and the League Cups that Rangers won during that time were won fairly and squarely on the park.
When the first two cases went against HMRC, there wasn’t an outcry. Now, this one is different and everyone is coming out to have a go again.

Rangers are adamant that no titles will be taken from them and that we will keep all the championships and cups that we won during that period.

It doesn’t matter what a player earns, it is about what they do on the pitch. In the years Rangers won the league and won the cups, they were the best team and deserved to win them. There is no outcry over the seasons when we didn’t win anything.
Money can’t buy you success. You have to do it on the park. There are a lot of teams that have spent huge amounts of money and not had any success.

Those honours were won and earned through the efforts of the players, not because of what or how they were paid.

There will be people who are up in arms and demanding that they should have their medals taken off them. It is absolute rubbish.

The EBT verdict this week attracted a lot of headlines and sparked a lot of debate and it is an issue that has been ongoing for years. It is the future that is most important, though, and there is nothing that can happen to Rangers. It is all about David Murray and BDO, the liquidators of the oldco.

When this case was brought up at first, it went against HMRC, then it went to an appeal and it went against HMRC again. Now we have a third hearing and it goes for HMRC. That is what will baffle a lot of people. How can two cases go against HMRC and then the third one, with the same details put forward, goes in their favour?

He's saying what any right minded person would think, aye even some of the mhanky mob.

Hopefully the SPL meeting is just to go through the motions, the club has been punished, any more and it will just be seen as vindictive.

Until the fat lady sings we go on as normal and our 55th title

I have been critical of Big DJ in the past with his almost "Uncle Tom" like cowing before beggars on RC radio and his defence of the indefensible mccoist..But this article is spot on..Well said big man..As has been said the "impartial" journo does not exist in this bigoted backward country's mhedia..

First off let me say that I personally dislike DJ, so it will come as no surprise when I say, "it's taken you long enough" for years he has sat in the chair at RC radio and kept shtum while all around him were having a field day only occasionally popping his head above the parapet before ducking back down again, so while I suppose I should welcome someone speaking up for us I don't consider his opinions to carry much weight as I don't consider him a "Rangers man", would rather hear it coming from other Rangers men than this Uncle Tom.

I have been critical of Big DJ in the past with his almost "Uncle Tom" like cowing before beggars on RC radio and his defence of the indefensible mccoist..But this article is spot on..Well said big man..As has been said the "impartial" journo does not exist in this bigoted backward country's mhedia..

Beat me to it mate.

I'm one of the first to give the big man stick for talking shite but he's spot on there

We need your other so called Rangers men like Ferguson and Ralston to grow a set of balls and say the same in the media

barry Ferguson was the biggest beneficiary of EBT's. All he has to do is come out and say he would have signed anyway. Case closed.

Pulling back titles - typical fenian punishment, when it suits them that is.

Rangers turned over more money than those timmigrants and every other club in Scotland - so why wouldn't we get the better players - and the way McCoist behaved for example, it hardly seems as if we negotiated (signings) down to the wire. So, most probably we would have gotten whoever we (got or) wanted anyway, even without a tax incentive.

Fuck the spfl - and their paedo club.

I doubt if the SPFL have the legal ability to punish Gers as they are a new company and the SPL company is gone.We were already punished by the SPL so can`t see how the SPFL can also punish us as all the trophies were won before they existed as a governing body.

No doubt it wont stop Septic`s/SPFL/SFA lawyers trying hard to fk us again!

I doubt if the SPFL have the legal ability to punish Gers as they are a new company and the SPL company is gone.We were already punished by the SPL so can`t see how the SPFL can also punish us as all the trophies were won before they existed as a governing body.

No doubt it wont stop Septic`s/SPFL/SFA lawyers trying hard to fk us again!

It's not stopped them before

Illegal transfer embargo springs to mind

The fact is when you are bound by articles of an association they make their own rules, as they have proven, by also throwing us out of their top league too

wonder how much the dark side paid the likes larsson hartson boli sutton yakimuri and a few more?

They had a cast iron EBT with Junhino and using the common sense approach the panel in the hmrc appeal used then surely they have to be persued. None of this shoite that they paid the tax on it after he left. I appeared in court as a 10 year old kid for breaking a window and tried to claim I only smashed one,and the older boys smashed lots of them,the panel I appeared in front of said that I was a guilty of the rest as I took part,maybe not in the same scale but was equally guilty.

wonder how much the dark side paid the likes larsson hartson boli sutton yakimuri and a few more?

Or how much was split and paid for by Dessie? Wasn't their talk that he contributed toward the 2 Keane's salaries otherwise they wouldn't have played their half season loans for Sellick?

I have always wondered about big Bobo Balde's non-disclosure contract. Wonder with he cannot disclose? Salary terms maybe?

Oh, and didn't Larssin's testimonial have some sort of tax incentive or relief?

Everyone has a skeleton in their cupboard.

barry Ferguson was the biggest beneficiary of EBT's. All he has to do is come out and say he would have signed anyway. Case closed.

He could even say it in his favourite rhag the Rhecord and pick up another 20 pieces or then again can we expect a piece on how if it wasn't for the EBTs I'd have gone to England

Or how much was split and paid for by Dessie? Wasn't their talk that he contributed toward the 2 Keane's salaries otherwise they wouldn't have played their half season loans for Sellick?

I have always wondered about big Bobo Balde's non-disclosure contract. Wonder with he cannot disclose? Salary terms maybe?

Oh, and didn't Larssin's testimonial have some sort of tax incentive or relief?

Everyone has a skeleton in their cupboard.

DD financed a couple of loan signings cant mind if it was the keanes or bellamy but they admitted they couldn't afford them on their normal wage structure.

Could someone explain to me the difference with these players that wouldn't have signed for them otherwise?

DD financed a couple of loan signings cant mind if it was the keanes or bellamy but they admitted they couldn't afford them on their normal wage structure.

Could someone explain to me the difference with these players that wouldn't have signed for them otherwise?

A sellik minded colleague in work said to me "aye but sellik declared that to the sfa, so it was OK"

Irony bypass with those cunts.

Well said DJ. hes been needing to get his act together for a while now. DJ is an undeniable Rangers legend and he should back us in this. I know hes got a job to keep but hopefully hell stay loyal