Waghorn Not Good Enough

MacBoyd

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been here 5 months and MW is only here about 6 months. We are at the start of the process, the addition of new players and good coaching we will see improvements all round the team. Some people on here are just short sighted and can't see the bigger picture, that means youth and coaching mid twenty year old players to make them better.

I watched him very closely today. No movement when our midfield have it. Very powerful on the ball,but not off it

Do not agree with your assessment that Waghorn is not good enough however I do agree about movement off the ball today from the entire frontline which for me was the problem. Teams are sitting in and to be fair to Morton they did it well. Earlier in the season we were dragging players all over the place with our movement and ultimately creating space. Very static yesterday.

The whole team has been below par for maybe last 5/6 games compared to how we started the season but we are still top of the league by 3 points so to pick out 1 guy who has scored 20 goals and it's not even Christmas is poor if you ask me

What position were we in this time last season and how many goals had all our strikers scored together and I doubt it would be more than 20 if it is it wouldn't be a lot more

MacBoyd, on 12 Dec 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:

Not a reliable enough striker for us. Misses way to many chances and his movement off the ball is poor. We need to spend money on a good striker to ensure the title

You should change your username to MacBlind as your not seeing what everybody else is seeing.

Why stop at Waghorn, we also need two C/B's, two midfielders that can actually run a game of football, a wide player to provide good chances for another two strikers at least. But before we go down that route we need to look at getting a manager who knows how to play to win, because it's going to get harder as we move up. At the moment we have a Davie White type of a manager, we need a Wullie Waddle, in other words cut that shite out and win.

Warburton has certainly sorted Rangers out as a professional looking unit overall, but IMHO he is no winner.

Who is a winner in your words then mate?

Stuart McCall or Burchill :lol: ?

Imo Mark Warburton is the man destined in history to Make Rangers great again while he leads us back to the summit of Scottish Football & 55

Why I think this thread is 'interesting' it's the fact we lost two goals that cost us the points not the lack of goals. If we were not conceding goals folk would be saying wag horn was a great asset with his 20 goals before Xmas.

Agree with you mate

Think the team is flat as a whole at the moment but we will get back on form soon

We need promotion and I don't care how we get it as long as we go up

But I think a freshen up in January with boost us and we will win league easy

20 goals this season and we are just over half way. It's hard for him. I think we fanny about with the ball around the box too much. By the time we actually do anything, the opposition have time to gather, mark etc. Our best play is when Wallace or holt is running through and we move the ball quickly.

So you are happy to let the manager deal with the players as he deems appropriate. Well don.

Were you dropped on your head as a child? I said I love having Warburton and love the changes he's made to us this season. I had one sentence that said I wish he was a bit tougher on the players and you jump all over my ass as if i've labelled him a murderer of small children,

For the last time just for you because you seem a slobbering mental wreck. The reason I said I wish he was tougher on the players is because after the Dumbarton game Halliday came out and said that they got the hair dryer treatment off of the gaffer and that was the first time he had done so. This for me was surprising because we had performances against Livingston and St Mirren away that in my mind warranted a bollocking for the team performance and were both before the Dumbarton game.

I was commenting on an insight into the dressing room that one of the PLAYERS gave us. Is it such a criminal act that I hope for a manager to give the players a bollocking in the dressing room(not in public like you keep trying to say) after a poor performance. Seriously your cheer leading is quite fucking ridiculous and your'e having a pop at someone very pro Warburton.

Some amount of roasters trying to justify sacking warburton!! The man is bringing Rangers into the 21st century and if you want to stay in the 90's and 72 then shut the curtains and put on some DVDs.

No good teams play shite football and win anymore the times have changed. It's about finding a happy medium and while I think we do at times take 1 touch too many around the box, you have to remember a lot of these players are still learning the game and as we've seen lots this season we can can put 4 past anyone in the division and we'll do so again on the way to winning the division

Agree with you mate

Think the team is flat as a whole at the moment but we will get back on form soon

We need promotion and I don't care how we get it as long as we go up

But I think a freshen up in January with boost us and we will win league easy

A midfielder that makes us 'tick' is what we need (Barry Ferguson esque but there are not many of them about) MW will sort it

So up until our performances dropped we were amazing, superb, playing classy football, MW a dream find etc etc.....now we're shite! ?

Too many players performances have dropped, Tav eg, was superb game after game now according to some he's not fit to wear the jersey, get real fgs.

I do think we need to up the tempo a bit sometimes and have a crack at goal when the opportunity is there, we always go for that extra pass and that is frustrating.

The team will come good again, starting with hibs I hope.

The roar and the tempo after we got the equaliser almost spurred the team onto victory....if the fans showed that level of support for the full 90 minutes i reckon we would still be hammering teams.

Easy to blame the players as they are the guys wearing the jerseys.

Why stop at Waghorn, we also need two C/B's, two midfielders that can actually run a game of football, a wide player to provide good chances for another two strikers at least. But before we go down that route we need to look at getting a manager who knows how to play to win, because it's going to get harder as we move up. At the moment we have a Davie White type of a manager, we need a Wullie Waddle, in other words cut that shite out and win.

Warburton has certainly sorted Rangers out as a professional looking unit overall, but IMHO he is no winner.

rickyGerviasatheistquoges1.jpg

For me we need to start hitting the byline then maybe we'll start scoring bucketloads. The ability is definitely there and the football is excellent but in the final third is where it goes wrong. Our style of play means we will concede goals but we need to be taking our many chances instead of side passing outside the box! It's so frustrating! Once we sort that out then we will be fine with most of the players we have and most definitely with the manager we have.