Are We Giving Mr Warburton Enough Credit For Our Footballing Style ?

tannerall

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The feeling that the Gaffer is building something very special became apparent quite quickly and has only got stronger, his knack for signing players is phenomenon, but the OP is correct when he says no supporter could have expected the turn around we've enjoyed.

Very special time to be a Bear and I'm absolutely delighted with the way things are going.

Do not get to as many matches as I would like. Took my wee grandson to his first Rangers game early October and we beat Falkirk 3-1 and I was really impressed at the work rate which has built up since then and with 2/3 decent signings in the summer window I reckon he will have us giving a good account of ourselves with some right Royal pumpings being handed out along the way. I am impressed with the whole thing MW+DW and the rest of the staff have brought to our club. :uk:

I liked him, and was convinced someone like him was just what we needed. A total reset after the McCoist era.

Bizarely, I knew I was totally bought into him during the St Johnston game. Even at 3-0 down, I really still believed we could go on to win it. 

Exciting times ahead, hopefully the powers that be at Ibrox don't let this go when the gaffer does move on to pastures new, any new boss must sign up to this new Rangers philosophy of not only entertaining the fans, but delivering results and trophies too.

The way he has the youths geed up and buzzing as well, this must be the way ahead for Rangers, regardless of who's in charge. We had a 17 year old make his debut this week whilst chasing the title, it's everything we were crying out for under the previous boss.

Average age of the squad has fallen ridiculously as well.

Want to play shitey football and scrape results? Not good enough for this club, next applicant, please!

He gave us our pride back, will always love him, just for that alone.

He's doing everything right, from public talking, to work on the pitch, to philosophy and even to fan service 

Better yet, the whole team support him in his endevours and follow suit in his example. 

Luck isn't even the word, he's came in and turned everything about. 

I'll never forget, My Mum, sister and I waiting in the livingroom for sky news to show the first press conference. We were all gobsmacked at how professional he was and we all thought "he's the right man, he embodies Rangers values and he'll take us forward." 

It's been an amazing job so far by Warburton, but there's still alot of work to be done between now and the place we all want to be, and that's lifting that Premiership trophy aloft.

The whole matchday experience has turned full circle, it was a trudge towards the ground with hands in pockets anticipating 2 hours of dirge (and usually getting it) with more of the same week in week out, now most have a spring in their step and a smile on our faces watching football that just never existed for years, entertainment in spades, thank you board and the management team, its been quite a spectacular turnaround.

I've been watching Rangers for 40 years and seen some immense players in our jersey and some brilliant managers in our dugout but this season is right up there for different reasons. It's like seeing something new starting.

Winning titles and trophies has always been special for that rush of achievement and we've had amazing purple patches over the years but I don't think I've ever enjoyed such a consistently entertaining season of football. Obviously we have to be back in the top league skelping the tims and competing in Europe to make the final judgement but it's been superb fun so far.

Love the management team and seriously didn't think he would come to us coz we were in the Scottish championship and his stock was quite high and he would've without a doubt got a crack at an epl team but this man has loads of qualities and brains is 1 of them. He's thought massive club  wonderful history huge loyal fanbase needing ripped out from top to bottom as well as full control of everything and in possibly 1 or 2 seasons Europe where he can show his talents as a manager by building a young team to compete on the big stage, who wouldn't want that? I think he has got credit and realizes how lucky he is to be here and as lucky as us having him. Mark warburton has everything to be a Rangers great, no surrender Mark and Davie. :7325:

I just love the way we play, i honestly wouldn't change one thing about it. When we get going and our passing is quick and accurate we play some proper beautiful football. I would literally watch us every day if i could, it's shite having to wait for the next game and that's something i didn't say last season.

I give him credit but some of the comments from some fans are unbelievable after the last years of pain, some have forgotten already or are just plain daft and lack the basic understanding of the game. 

In MW we trust.

I think he's had more or less his fair share of credit for the brilliant,attacking brand of football he has us playing this season - but the truth is he hasn't won anything yet - however when he does lead us to a trophy or two I'm sure the credit with be 10 fold and thoroughly deserved.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I liked him, and was convinced someone like him was just what we needed. A total reset after the McCoist era.

Bizarely, I knew I was totally bought into him during the St Johnston game. Even at 3-0 down, I really still believed we could go on to win it. 

Aye thats the biggest difference for me. I honestly 100% had belief we could come back from 3-0 down and on another night we would have IMO. The belief shows with 24 goals in the last 10minutes. They never stop.

Warburton quite rightly gets a lot of credit on here as he has transformed this team, and turned us into an attractive attacking team. As much as its funny to laugh at the spoon burners arse collapsing, a part of me thinks the experience both the team and Warburton would have got from being run close would have been invaluable for next season.

Before this season,  the most dominant performance I had ever seen from a Rangers side was against bayern in the Champions league,  the game that mols got injured.  We totally pummelled them and they were incredibly lucky to win that game 1 - 0. This season we have played on a par with that match,  albeit at a significantly lower level.  The philosophy of the team is amazing,  but even more significant is that MW and DW have brought in players that have the ability and desire to play the game the right way.  They have,  everyone of them,  bought into his plan in a big way and it's paid off and will continue to pay off.  All credit has to go to MW and DW but I think that a significant amount of praise has to to go to king and the board for bringing these guys to us in the first place. 

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

After what we had suffered on the football front for three years the early days of MW were more about 'excited anticipation' rather than giving credit.  The kind of anticipation kids have just before Christmas.  Credit is only given to Santa if the right presents arrive.  Despite all he good football no presents are yet under the tree though I do hear the sleigh bells ringing.

We are now playing some terrific football and if we couple that with the anticipated level of investment, I'd say the future looks bright.  In addition our our youth  system appears to now be on track with a few academy players perhaps emerging over the next few seasons.

MW and his team deserve a vast amount of credit for what  they have accomplished in only 7 months.

Credit also to the players for making the system work.

Sleigh Bells in March? doh That's as bad as when the supermarkets over here are putting Easter Eggs on display 1 week after Boxing Day. I bet you're a fucking convenience store owner who tells his staff to "get them Hot Cross buns on the shelf" in January :lol:

Only joking mate! That's a great post from you. :clap:

Your last comment is the key to all that's happened in the last 7 months.  It's easy to have an exciting football philosophy in your head that you want to transfer to reality on the pitch but it's unbelievably difficult to be able to assemble an entire side that can showcase your ideas; and to be able to do it in a very short space of time is actually incredible and should be applauded.

Anybody who has been in football management or coaching capacity knows exactly the scale of the turnaround Mark Warburton and his staff have achieved at Rangers in that short time, both on the field and off it with the entire structure of the club transformed.

For the younger fans who have never had the opportunity to coach or manage in football yet, I'll give you a tongue in cheek example of what our man in the magic hat has achieved......Try running flat out up Ben Nevis wearing wellies.  :pipe:

The OP deserves great credit for that, a great read and for me captures exactly what I am feeling about the manager and his visionary football. It really does feel like the beginning of something special, we know there is still a way to go but I am loving it. :pipe:

Thanks again Tannerall  :thumbup:

I fully support MW and what he's achieved and maybe more importantly what I believe he wants to achieve.

Having said that I do also believe that there has been a certain naievity in his stragecic view which he seems to be addressing but I don't know for sure this has been completely addressed. 

As shit as we all know the top division is on a global scale; we have struggled when we have encountered lower SPL teams in cups this season. 

It's of no value to have 70% possession and (to quote Craig Brown) beat them on corners if we don't have the cutting edge to put the result beyond doubt.

in some ways MW is a poor mans Arsene Wenger. I hope he can break out of this mold.

5 hours ago, Marky. said:

Crazy, mate. Made me buy the Burnley game on RTV and even against Burnley, despite the loss I was thoroughly entertained and bought the next few games of RTV too, before reinvesting in my season ticket.

Warburton talks a lot about signing players as value for money...

That really can be said about the purchase of my season ticket this year. Absolute value for money, and I can't wait to reinvest.

We more than competed with burnley that night ableit it was a pre-season friendly,  we now see burnley top of the championship,  surely that alone must give us confidence that with the proper personnel brought in that we can kick on big time next season.