McCoist

TMB

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Why? So it can make you feel good about being an apologist for domestic abuse? 

Dude, I usually like reading your posts but I think you're way off on this one. There isn't many on here who do think Gazza is an angel - we know what he's like. But, we don't have to bring him up in a thread that's nothing to do with him. It's a thread about McCoist and Lennon.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Except Lennon did and still does have mental health issues. 

Has he had or has he received  treatment?  I honestly don't know, most folk can get depressed to different degrees, was it just used as an excuse by the scum ? if he's a manic depressive he should be no where near a football club as a manager.

Not a fan of these threads but will through my pennies worth in anyway,McCoist likes to be the cheeky chappie everyone loves me type of character.

But he needs to remember that Lennon and his ilk hate us and him and instead of trying to be everyone's pal grow a set and see them for what they really are and stop making a howling cunt of himself.

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Has he had or has he received  treatment?  I honestly don't know, most folk can get depressed to different degrees, was it just used as an excuse by the scum ? if he's a manic depressive he should be no where near a football club as a manager.

Diagnosed by the club doctor at Leicester apparently. 

Don't see why depression should preclude you from a football management job these days, any more than any other job. 

Nowadays it'd doubtless be regarded as discrimination to prevent someone from doing a job unless you can provide a pretty strong argument that it is incompatible with the job. I don't see how football is any different to many other jobs in that regard.

Anyway, as for people complaining about the mentioning of Gazza in this debate, I don't see the issue. If people are going to complain about McCoist associating with someone that has a questionable record in relation to women, I don't see why their hypocrisy shouldn't be highlighted. As often is the case in these circumstances, when the hypocrisy is pointed out people tend to try their hardest to find a justification for the facet of the hypocrisy that suits them. Or just change the goalposts as thehost decided to.

11 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Don't see why depression should preclude you from a football management job these days, any more than any other job. 

Nowadays it'd doubtless be regarded as discrimination to prevent someone from doing a job unless you can provide a pretty strong argument that it is incompatible with the job. I don't see how football is any different to many other jobs in that regard.

Anyway, as for people complaining about the mentioning of Gazza in this debate, I don't see the issue. If people are going to complain about McCoist associating with someone that has a questionable record in relation to women, I don't see why their hypocrisy shouldn't be highlighted. As often is the case in these circumstances, when the hypocrisy is pointed out people tend to try their hardest to find a justification for the facet of the hypocrisy that suits them. Or just change the goalposts as thehost decided to.

Or the utter hypocrisy of both McCoist & Ferguson lavishing praise and compliments on a guy who utterly detests Rangers and makes no attempt to hide it - whilst both the aforementioned enjoy a comfortable lifestyle provided by the same Rangers so hated by Lennon.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I don't think it's just about McCoist having a relationship with someone that is questionable with women , it's the hatred he has for us . Spitting on the scarf , running about like a demented idiot to the point he eventually gets sent off , abusing our players from the side of the track , commenting on other teams affairs regarding the result of title stripping , never hearing a complimentary thing from him .

Rarely , you may get someone guilty of one of these things , but this nutter has the complete set .  He's a nasty piece of work that should , at best , be condemned or , at worst , ignored , but certainly not heralded , particularly by any of our own. 

8 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Or the utter hypocrisy of both McCoist & Ferguson lavishing praise and compliments on a guy who utterly detests Rangers and makes no attempt to hide it - whilst both the aforementioned enjoy a comfortable lifestyle provided by the same Rangers so hated by Lennon.

Not sure why you're addressing me with that tbh. You say it as if I've defended them for doing that.

Fire away and make your complaint about that if you want to. 

18 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I don't think it's just about McCoist having a relationship with someone that is questionable with women , it's the hatred he has for us . Spitting on the scarf , running about like a demented idiot to the point he eventually gets sent off , abusing our players from the side of the track , commenting on other teams affairs regarding the result of title stripping , never hearing a complimentary thing from him .

Rarely , you may get someone guilty of one of these things , but this nutter has the complete set .  He's a nasty piece of work that should , at best , be condemned or , at worst , ignored , but certainly not heralded , particularly by any of our own. 

Yeah, I know all that squire. But the point being argued over, the specific point that I chose to get involved in at that particular moment, was the part about McCoist having a relationship with someone that's questionable with women. If we're going to be critical of him, lets stick to stuff that's not hypocritical, and that we wouldn't criticise other ex-Rangers players for.

Don't get me wrong, as far as I'm concerned, Neil Lennon is a repugnant twat. But I don't intend to let it rile me if I hear McCoist or Souness or Ferguson say something positive about him, or Walter Smith laughing and joking and playing friends with him. In the grand scheme of things, whilst it might be hypocritical of them, or at very least inconsiderate of Rangers fans, it's hardly the greatest crime in the world. I'm also aware that people like that live in a different reality to we fans. They're not bombarding themselves with what Neil Lennon actually is on a regular basis on t'interweb and they do know him personally. Their perception of everything is going to be different. Believe i or not, some people in football seem to actually like Lennon, even rangers people. Hard to believe, I know, but there you are. Not to mention that they're public figures, and they can't necessarily be as openly expressive of their hate as we can. Or they shouldn't be. But do they have to say anything? Should they just shut up? Maybe. I don't see the need to be too sensitive about it all, though.

And we have to be careful with these things. Because at some point we're likely to find someone we're not so willing to hate say something just as offensive. 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Bolton were owned by different people when that happened and was dealt with by Bolton. 

That your best shot dude ? The point is that his behaviour is topical and no doubt never encouraged the new owners to take a chance on him with it coming just about the same time as the takeover.

Just now, ianferguson said:

That your best shot dude ? The point is that his behaviour is topical and no doubt never encouraged the new owners to take a chance on him with it coming just about the same time as the takeover.

Best shot? What are you? 5? It's simply a statement of fact. 

54 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Not sure why you're addressing me with that tbh. You say it as if I've defended them for doing that.

Fire away and make your complaint about that if you want to. 

Nothing to do with an erroneous assumption you were defending them - more to do with you highlighting hypocrisy

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, I know all that squire. But the point being argued over, the specific point that I chose to get involved in at that particular moment, was the part about McCoist having a relationship with someone that's questionable with women. If we're going to be critical of him, lets stick to stuff that's not hypocritical, and that we wouldn't criticise other ex-Rangers players for.

Don't get me wrong, as far as I'm concerned, Neil Lennon is a repugnant twat. But I don't intend to let it rile me if I hear McCoist or Souness or Ferguson say something positive about him, or Walter Smith laughing and joking and playing friends with him. In the grand scheme of things, whilst it might be hypocritical of them, or at very least inconsiderate of Rangers fans, it's hardly the greatest crime in the world. I'm also aware that people like that live in a different reality to we fans. They're not bombarding themselves with what Neil Lennon actually is on a regular basis on t'interweb and they do know him personally. Their perception of everything is going to be different. Believe i or not, some people in football seem to actually like Lennon, even rangers people. Hard to believe, I know, but there you are. Not to mention that they're public figures, and they can't necessarily be as openly expressive of their hate as we can. Or they shouldn't be. But do they have to say anything? Should they just shut up? Maybe. I don't see the need to be too sensitive about it all, though.

And we have to be careful with these things. Because at some point we're likely to find someone we're not so willing to hate say something just as offensive. 

Fair point re a specific point . 

As for Rangers people defending him , whether that be McCoist , Souness or Ferguson , I simply don't understand it. In fact , reading Ferguson's story today I'm even more bewildered . As a previous poster said , its maybe in the same vain as doctors , lawyers , policemen etc not willing to criticise their colleagues , doesn't make it right though. 

12 hours ago, ebt1 said:

Maybe Ally will now tell us what he whispered in Lennon's ear now.

Ally probably took the huff cause he wasn't invited to the karaoke after the game 

whatever was said was most likely very juvenile nonsense 

19 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

So you dont believe McCoist had player who over his 4 year reign earned more than £30m ? :sherlock:

1 hour ago, TheLawMan said:

So you dont believe McCoist had player who over his 4 year reign earned more than £30m ? :sherlock:

( for some reason I can't get the iPhone to quote correctly - sorry)

you seem like one of the more sensible posters - so you trying to exaggerate the wage bill to make a point seems low ( my goodness I am sure even I could make better against arguments without resorting to disingenuous 'facts' ! )The £30 m is wrong - it's either way to low if you are counting his first year ( I thought our squad bill was about £27m in that year alone) or to high if you discount first year! 

My point on this thread is that folk now just make shite up to have a pop at ally - it seems you partially have jumped on that band wagon and I thought you were better than that! 

16 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

If you are involved in football or even just a fan it's very easy to get depressed about football.

But now Ally's gone I feel so much better.

Same with the national team, who often drove me towards manic depression, but now I have given up the habit due to the plastic paddy loving trannies and the SFA's treatment of our team I feel great.  Best advice to fellow Gers fans regarding the SFA 11 is  "Just Say No".  :thumbup:

47 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I think you will find the number you quoted was the entire Clubs wage bill,  There was no accurate measurement in his first season and no audited accounts but given that the following 3 years was around £20.5m then i stated "over £30m" as i believe the previous year was over £10m but i dont know how far over it was.

How in any way shape or form is that exaggerating anything or wrong ffs ? doh