Central midfield over committing

56 minutes ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

Watch the game and tell me how many times Holt dropped back when Halliday was going forward. It is a natural thing for a CM to do, but he never does it. By the time he has got back to defend the opposition already have a goal or a corner. He is valuable for his runs in to the box but has little else to his game. He has been shocking for weeks, but never gets criticised. I rate Halliday over holt and I don't particularly rate Halliday.

You don't rate anyone.

No-one is a CM for a start the other two are CAM hence their about 10-20yards away from where a CM would usually position himself. Your solely blaming Holt for losing goals or corners now? Fs:lol:

It's an obvious area that I'm 100% sure will be addressed in the summer. We've had Andy in there all season...a guy who has no previous experience as a deep lying CDM so I think any abuse directed his way is fully unjustified. He's basically been pushed into a position that Warbs has deemed him capable of filling...and by our points tally...cup win and trip to Hampton in 3 weeks time fully justified the belief placed in him.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

You don't rate anyone.

No-one is a CM for a start the other two are CAM hence their about 10-20yards away from where a CM would usually position himself. Your solely blaming Holt for losing goals or corners now? Fs:lol:

I rate Tav, Wallace, Barry, Ohallaran and Forrester highly actually, with Miller and Waghorn just behind. Who says they are both CAM, I would highly doubt that is a role specified to them. They are both CMs who need to know how to cover for their teammates when needed.

Our Midfield in honesty - are standard average to take the opposition midfield apart .

We have zel - holt - halliday -ball

Hope our ne signings are stronger that come in

2 hours ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

I rate Tav, Wallace, Barry, Ohallaran and Forrester highly actually, with Miller and Waghorn just behind. Who says they are both CAM, I would highly doubt that is a role specified to them. They are both CMs who need to know how to cover for their teammates when needed.

Rate O'Halloran but not Waghorn or Holt, you're a bit of a spastic.

Why do so many think Halliday is going to be a certain starter next season?

We have Zelalem, Law, Shiels, Ball all leaving so will probably bring in 2 CMs and a DM.

There's also the option of Forrester playing in there.

I'm sure he'll get a fair amount of starts throughout the season but not a certain starter every game like he has been this season.

I think Haliday does not get the credit he deserves. He is not a defensive midfielder but played there most of the season ,never complaining just proud to pull on a blue jersey. He is more than capable of playing on the left side of a midfield 3 which I think will be his best position and this will be seen next season . Give the guy our support 

11 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Why do so many think Halliday is going to be a certain starter next season?

We have Zelalem, Law, Shiels, Ball all leaving so will probably bring in 2 CMs and a DM.

There's also the option of Forrester playing in there.

I'm sure he'll get a fair amount of starts throughout the season but not a certain starter every game like he has been this season.

I think Halliday will be mostly cover for any of the midfield three, won't be a first pick but will still get quite a few games when Warbs rotates the squad(especially if we are in Europe). 

Im being not the most popular here by saying the truth our midfield isnt good enough

We are relying on every other part of the team to score goals for us

and in football you need at least one of that team in the midfield area to do the buisness

3 hours ago, Number5 said:

It's an obvious area that I'm 100% sure will be addressed in the summer. We've had Andy in there all season...a guy who has no previous experience as a deep lying CDM so I think any abuse directed his way is fully unjustified. He's basically been pushed into a position that Warbs has deemed him capable of filling...and by our points tally...cup win and trip to Hampton in 3 weeks time fully justified the belief placed in him.

Agreed. He has been the one dictating our successful play all season with his composure and willingness to take the ball in all areas and pass it on. On the other hand, he doesn't have, or hasn't had to learn, the discipline to hold his position and defend when necessary. Not surprising given his inexperience in the role and Warburton's stated need for a proper defensive midfielder, and not helped by the limited midfielders around him.

I'm sure we'll have someone in place for next season, with Halliday still the main playmaker in midfield.

11 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

A man down then and a man down now.

FFS, he's not even a decent central defender in the second tier.

Matter of opinions I guess, but I for one am more than happy to have him in a Rangers jersey 

10 hours ago, dalton said:

Im being not the most popular here by saying the truth our midfield isnt good enough

We are relying on every other part of the team to score goals for us

and in football you need at least one of that team in the midfield area to do the buisness

Holt's on double figures

15 hours ago, Number5 said:

Agree he's done well in a foreign position.

19 hours ago, North Antrim Bear said:

We will not win the Premiership with Halliday in our starting 11. Simple as that.

What a stupid thing to say. You have obviously not watched many games this season. Everyone has as off day but seriously ???