Joey Barton at Rangers training ground

WMT

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I think 1 thing too also think about with this is look at the squad available for the cup final next week and would we be better placed if we had barton too also pick from ? If the wages suit us then its a no brainer 

I love these types of comments mate

4 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Two points;

1) Am I right in saying there is 1 person mumbling a 'fuck the pope and the *falls to silence as no one else joins in to that bit*'?

2) Is that Scott Arfield across from Joey and to the right saying 'No yit, no yit' in guidance as to how to sing the song properly like it had made an impact on him somewhere i.e. during his time in Scotland............OR am I wrong and way off base here? I'd appreciate anyone confirming or correcting my noticings.

Scott Arfield is a big Tim from Livingston. 

3 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Two points;

1) Am I right in saying there is 1 person mumbling a 'fuck the pope and the *falls to silence as no one else joins in to that bit*'?

2) Is that Scott Arfield across from Joey and to the right saying 'No yit, no yit' in guidance as to how to sing the song properly like it had made an impact on him somewhere i.e. during his time in Scotland............OR am I wrong and way off base here? I'd appreciate anyone confirming or correcting my noticings.

Fuck that's it for me!!!, get him signed!!!.....Halliday will have him signing the sash within a week!!!??????????????????????

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

An Ian Black type signing for me .Why do we need to go down this road ffs .

He's Defo not an Ian back m8, aside from his baggage, which I genuinely think he's put in the past, he's a fucking good footballer, listen you don't play for man city, Newcastle and Marseille if you're an Ian black type player.

if he signs he'll cruise this league next season and with a couple of defenders and an out and out striker we'll win the espeefel next year!!!... IN WARBS WE TRUST

10 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

An Ian Black type signing for me .Why do we need to go down this road ffs .

Ian black is not even in the same universe in terms of ability bud. Im not a fan of barton and im not overly keen on him signing but that ms more about him being a prick and his leaning to the dark side

37 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I think 1 thing too also think about with this is look at the squad available for the cup final next week and would we be better placed if we had barton too also pick from ? If the wages suit us then its a no brainer 

I've got a stinking hangover mate and that has just fucked with my head lol

SEAN Dyche has told Joey Barton he can have as long as he needs to decide on his future as the midfielder remains in talks with Scottish side Rangers.

The 33-year-old was in Glasgow on Saturday to look around Rangers’ Murray Park trainingground, and he has been offered a two-year deal by the Ibrox side.

Two weeks ago Barton said he was keen to stay at Turf Moor, but wanted more than the one-year deal that was on the table from Burnley at the time.

"We'll give him as long as he needs,” Dyche said on Goals on Sunday. “He took time to come to us last year, there were a couple of different things and he wanted to make sure it was the right place and environment.

"He's got some deep thoughts on what he thinks is correct. I've worked with him, not against him, one of the first things people said was 'how are you going to handle him?'

“I've said all along, he's a man, not a boy, his contract runs out this summer, he knows our position on it and he's got his chance to look around and do what he needs to do.

"I've absolutely no problem with Joey, he's been terrific for me, terrific around the place, but he's a man and he's got his own future in his hands and he'll make a decision on that.”

Dyche insisted Barton knew where he stood with the Clarets with regards to an offer of a new contract, and was within his rights to discuss a move elsewhere.

"He knows where we stand on it, we do actually speak to these people,” added the Clarets chief.

"We've been open with our conversations with him, and his advisor, but he's still got his chance to look around and that's what players do nowadays.

“They're open minded to what's out there.”

Rangers’ head of recruitment Frank McParland was the man who bought Barton to Burnley last summer when he was the sporting director at Turf Moor.

The Glasgow giants are back in the Scottish Premier League next season and Dyche believes their interest in Barton shows they are trying to compete in 2016-17.

“Fair play to Rangers, it shows the clout they have, because if they're talking to him, he's not cheap,” Dyche added.

“It shows their intentions if they see it as viable, they must be backed well.”

8 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Why would he replace Halliday?  Barton would play the DM role and Halliday could play further up the pitch as a more AM.

Why would Halliday be guaranteed to play as a more AM? What we appear to be doing is getting a bit more depth so we have better options next year to rotate as the games require it. This year if Halliday needed a rest you have Ball to play DM or if Ball was at CB then you are looking at shiels or law coming in.

I'd imagine having rossiter and Barton they are most likely to start with holt and Halliday rotating or perhaps rossiter won't start every game.....it's interesting to think how the team will line up next year but it's reassuring we aren't going with as quite a small squad and we are improving the quality in the squad rather than just the starting XI.

17 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Stop rambling ya fuckwit and show me a quote from the club offering him a new contract.

How the fuck you are allowed on this site baffles me.

Burnley manager Dyche on goals on Sunday this morning confirmed they have offered him a deal so I'm guessing from that it's true lol. 

for what its worth I think this ill be announced Monday/Tuesday as warbs said the hardest thing about trying to sign players is getting them to come up to Glasgow. Once they come up they are basically signed as Ibrox sells itself

9 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Burnley manager Dyche on goals on Sunday this morning confirmed they have offered him a deal so I'm guessing from that it's true lol. 

Aye but did he have it in writing holding up to the camera? If not then it's a lie

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

for what its worth I think this ill be announced Monday/Tuesday as warbs said the hardest thing about trying to sign players is getting them to come up to Glasgow. Once they come up they are basically signed as Ibrox sells itself

For any of us who were potentially signing we wouldn't even need to see it but for anyone coming up here I think the realisation hits them when they see auchenhowie and Ibrox. What's better for us now is we have a fantastic setup with Warburton, weir and mcparland who all seem to have had a big influence on convincing players to sign. Rossiter worked with mcparland and said he was star struck meeting weir, mcparland has the link with Barton and Warburton is so well respected before he came here and this season has further enhanced it.

All of this and a settled board room.....what a difference a year makes.