Regan backs Petrie

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Petrie revealed on Wednesday that there had been "communication" between the two clubs but stopped short of revealing if Rangers had received a full apolog following the pitch invasion "It was wrong of the supporters to come on the pitch and things that happened after that are inexcusable," he said.

"It's also inexcusable for supporters to come on the pitch so we know where we stand.

Am I misreading this, or does it sound like Petrie is saying it was merely "wrong" for hivs & various other Rangers hating attendees to invade the pitch, yet "inexcusable" for Rangers fans to come on to protect families & players from his violent hordes? Or is the last quote Regans?

55 minutes ago, Smile said:

This board let them away with the Motherwell incident when they shat on one of our own players they will no doubt do the same with the support on this issue as well.

Regan and Petrie should be sacked for this lets clean out this scum run sfa and start again.

Not so sure about this.Different times,different situation when you add in the many assaults,reels and reels of video evidence and a totally different board mentality.

I actually think they are playing things very clever.No point asking for an independent enquiry then not giving it time to fully investigate and publish its findings.

I feel that is then the time to respond and make their feeling known.

24 minutes ago, Barasa said:

Am I misreading this, or does it sound like Petrie is saying it was merely "wrong" for hivs & various other Rangers hating attendees to invade the pitch, yet "inexcusable" for Rangers fans to come on to protect families & players from his violent hordes? Or is the last quote Regans?

That was how I interpreted what he was saying, he really is a piece of human excrement 

16 minutes ago, Barasa said:

It sounds like deliberate obfuscation to me; a way of mentioning the attacks on our players without drawing attention to them in a specific way. 

I've yet to see any contrition from hibs whatsoever about the Hampden disgrace, and I doubt that we will see any as they know fine well that they need only sit quiet, hoping for a slap on the wrist while their sympathisers in the media attempt to place the spotlight firmly on us instead.    

23 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Not so sure about this.Different times,different situation when you add in the many assaults,reels and reels of video evidence and a totally different board mentality.

I actually think they are playing things very clever.No point asking for an independent enquiry then not giving it time to fully investigate and publish its findings.

I feel that is then the time to respond and make their feeling known.

May look different from London right enough.

We will see if we have a board of cowards or Rangers men.

2 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

What, wot, you mean right up to the vatican?

uefa/fifa court of arbitration of sport,wherever we need to go these bastards have to go these bastards must held accountable and removed,that fat jap has no place on that board either surely a conflict of interest

Just now, Smile said:

May look different from London right enough.

Not really get up to Glasgow quite a bit and see how things are reported up there.Also talk daily with friends and family so pretty much kept up to date with everything that's going on.

.I understand what you're saying but do feel the statement put out was pretty impressive at the time as has any club response up to now.

I honestly don't feel the board will let this one go.They asked for and got the enquiry.Surely it is now important they participate fully putting the clubs views and interests as forcefully as possible.

Once the findings are published then they will be free to respond as appropriate.

What, I wonder, does King and the Board make of such statements?

A statement by Regan in praise of Petrie is not worth the newsprint it is written on.  Valueless.  Incredible.  A sham.  Entirely disrespectful to Rangers, to Rangers staff and players.   Do they (Regan and Petrie) think this carries any weight of meaning at Ibrox?  IMO it has the appearance of one lame duck (Regan) trying to  prop up another disrespectful lame duck (Petrie).   IMO neither should be holding any position of responsibility in the SFA.   I( wonder if the Rangers' Board can work effectively with either of them. 

IMO Regan has an appalling track record at the SFA.  In my estimation he is far beyond any measure of credibility or competence. Petrie's seemingly wilful inability to apologise, and worse the entire absence of any sort of integrity whatsoever to even enquire after the health of the Rangers staff and players who were attacked by his supporters is nothing short of disgraceful.  

For the SFA to put that aside and focus on praising Petrie does not seem right.  It feels downright insulting.    

IMO the Board should be openly calling for Regan to be removed from office.

I hope our board release a statement of 'no confidence' in Petrie and Regan. When Petrie made the 'over exuberance statement Hibs fans were flooding onto the pitch before his eyes, He knows the SFA rules on pitch invasion. If he can't govern the game fairly then he should leave his position. 

40 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

What, I wonder, does King and the Board make of such statements?

A statement by Regan in praise of Petrie is not worth the newsprint it is written on.  Valueless.  Incredible.  A sham.  Entirely disrespectful to Rangers, to Rangers staff and players.   Do they (Regan and Petrie) think this carries any weight of meaning at Ibrox?  IMO it has the appearance of one lame duck (Regan) trying to  prop up another disrespectful lame duck (Petrie).   IMO neither should be holding any position of responsibility in the SFA.   I( wonder if the Rangers' Board can work effectively with either of them. 

IMO Regan has an appalling track record at the SFA.  In my estimation he is far beyond any measure of credibility or competence. Petrie's seemingly wilful inability to apologise, and worse the entire absence of any sort of integrity whatsoever to even enquire after the health of the Rangers staff and players who were attacked by his supporters is nothing short of disgraceful.  

For the SFA to put that aside and focus on praising Petrie does not seem right.  It feels downright insulting.    

IMO the Board should be openly calling for Regan to be removed from office.

I agree with all you've written...but I'm sure your aware that the only people who don't think the SFA are dealing with this properly are Rangers fans.  Everyone else would give them a vote of confidence and they know it.  THAT'S what we're up against.  

1 hour ago, dougie76 said:

Seen Regan on sky earlier, the only thing he seemed to have a problem with was sectarian songs and pyrotechnics, not one fucking word about our players, our board need to fucking nail this bastard.

Our boards silence is allowing this they should be more vocal on the situation they have now gained the upper hand.