*** Official Post Match Thread.***

BlueBearz1990

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a football manager, one that knows how to set a team up properly with properly chosen players, what we do have is a dreamer of beautiful football and a team full of 2nd class footballers, this turkey won't last till Xmas. The board have no money and no idea how to run a club the size of Rangers, the season is over this lot are going nowhere.

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

This plus dropping them. Players can't keep their place in the starting XI after such shite performances.

Thats the most worrying thing, the signs were there but we scraped the results, Hamilton not included.

I really hope he learns from this and benches a few of his usual first picks.

O'Halloran for me deserved a start.  The midfield just isnt working, the sooner Holt is back the better.

McKay just hasnt been the same player this season.  I actually think he would benefit from a spell on the sidelines to get that hunger back.

Niko looks a class player and so calm and collected on the ball.  Every time he has came on he has picked out a few amazing passes.  I know he hasnt been fit but I think now he deserves the chance to show what he can do from the start.

If truth be told Rangers have been woeful in league football since the turn of year. And that's because every manager in Scotland knows how Rangers will set up and how to stop us playing.

Warburton is living off the wins against Dundee and them in the cup while in league football we've dropped points to Alloa,Hamilton,Killie,Hibs,St mirren,Livi,Raith Rovers etc.

The back four never shows any signs of improvement and no matter how many strikers we sign Miller always starts.

3 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

So we never got pumped then, that's good.

Seem to remember playing them off the park in the first 45 minutes so much so that is was embarrassing.

That's what a so called lesser team embarrassing a so called good team looks like.

If you think that team are capable just now of matching the performance of April your needing to lie doon. 

I always try to see the positives but after that it is pretty difficult. I just can't grasp how slowly we are starting almost every game. I can't get my head around it. We are incapable of passing the ball 5 yards, we are not creating chances, we are not taking the few chances we do get, we can't defend, big players from last year are under performing, we look scared, we lack pace, intensity, directness, invention. It is very concerning.

It's not all gone though. I still firmly believe we have the players to win this league but we need to sort this out ASAP. Miller has been great for us but he can't continue to play 90 minutes every week. He's not bringing enough to the party. We need at the very least another centre half. Wallace and McKay need to sort their shit out. I have no idea what's happened to them. We need more energy in the park. We need wingers to attack their men more. We need to shoot more, move it faster, move it more direct.

Feel fucking so low just now, and it's made all the worse because the players are definitely good enough. It's so frustrating. Big few weeks ahead for Warburton, the board and the players. We must improve and fast or it's going to be very tough. We can't expect to win a league if we're failing to start fast against the likes of Killie, a team who end with 10 men (arguably 9 as Boyd was out on his arse for the last 15).

I still think we can do this but yeah feel gutted right now. Really didn't see this coming, especially that 1st half. It really was as poor as i've seen from us under Warburton.......

We can't score first and it takes us falling behind to get any sort of spark for a maximum of 10 - 15 minutes. I can't remember watching any football team look so utterly impotent in possession. We can't create a chance and we don't look like we have any idea how to. If we play like that the scum will leather us without moving out of 2nd gear, and they're no great shakes either. Thank fuck I'm getting married that day and won't be able you watch it. If we finish in the top 3 we can consider it a very successful season by the look of things.

Lee Clark saying he and his team are being 'targeted by officials' because of anti-English bias.

Wow. What the fuck was he on about there? :blink:

What nationality are Warburton, Barton and most of the Rangers team, Lee, ya paranoid wretch?

PS - The ref had a decent enough game tonight.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Signing Barton will be the worst decision Warburton has made, our play and style has suffered massively as a result. 

I have been a barton fan boy, but i am inclined to agree with you, how can a player of that caliber be so inconsistent,

the pen claims i'd say there were potential pen claims each way,     

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Everyone in the media raved about Barton, personally I don't see it yet, a hard man yes but not a game changer 

He's struggled so far to settle in,maybe if he had taken a full part in the pre season instead of being allowed an extended break he might be up to speed by now.

Problems 

1) Kenny Miller is fucking shite. Always drops in to receive the ball to feet but he's shite at that also. Doesn't have pace anymore so can't get in behind therefore he's fucking useless.

2) Need a new centre half. Desperately in need of a fast centre half or someone who actually has a footballing brain and could guide Wilson or Kiernan through a game. Don't want to write off Senderos before he plays but I don't think he's the answer.

3) Warburtons awful sub choices. Drawing with a shite team down to 10 men, oh I know what to do bring on a CDM? Yeah nice one. Also don't care that he replaced another CDM because our team has no fucking shape because everyone has a free role, which is why we see Barton on the wing and Miller at CDM at points.

King, get that fucking chequebook out and sign a good CB. You're telling me there's not a good enough defender playing anywhere in the world that we could sign for between £1-2m seeing as that's our price range.

Warburtons philosophy and ethos is all good and well when we're playing well and firing but when we're not not having a plan b is bad management. It's Arsene Wenger stubbornness imo. 

We don't have the quality of player to consistently work towards 'doing plan a better'. 

I have so much respect for Warburton but he has to adapt or the fans are going to slowly but surely turn on him.

In Scottish football you have to combine the good football with a rough and tumble style similar to the one we had under Walter. 4-3-3 can't always be our only option, we have to have variety it's all good and well the likes of Bayern Munich and Barcelona sticking to a certain formation because they have a quality of player that can 'do plan a better' not only in their first 11 but across the whole 25 or however big their squad may be. We simply do not have those luxuries. 

This is not the first time this season Warburton will be tactically out thought by a lesser manager this season if we continue in this vein.

I don't understand why we can't look towards shoring the defence up by adding a extra center half and maybe going 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 while without the ball. Or even a diamond shape in midfield and a couple strikers in home games because far too often it's becoming apparent our striker is being isolated more and more. 

Barton can be a tidy player but our whole game has changed since he came and its done to suit his game. Slow build up , no urgency is the exact opposite of the way we were playing.

Warburton is the one who should be getting it here , the guy is absolutely clueless at times and not the messiah some on here think he is.

5 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

I know it was a bad bad result.

Forrester and Tav have continued decent form.

Few fan fans have been poor, Mckay and Wallace haven't made the step up. 

The defense has been brutal again.We need investment. 

We have not started well this season, need to move the ball quicker, the area we tend to play well final third We were terrible.

We have to match teams aggression. 

Really disapointed,  

Plus point let's keep Tav on free kicks.

So you thought your namesake played well tonight? Maybe I was watching another game.

The MW bubble has burst and his plan A has been well and truly found out. Wouldn't surprise me if he asked Dodoo if he could last until 60 mins. Fucking shite again and if he comes out with the same shite after that, I'm not going to listen to him anymore. Plan A with all the shite sound bites is wearing thin, very thin. Do something about it Mr Warburton, or please just go. You have the backing of the fans (King is a different matter), but your one trick pony stuff is failing. I'm awesome at changing the wheel on a car when I get a puncture, but it's not going to help when the engine is fucked!

Up to and including the Sellic game we had played some seriously good football, since then you've all seen it absolutely diabolical some of it actually criminal.

We've brought in players who do not look the part, I'm not going to critique individuals but you all have eyes. 

We were told that these were a step up and we're going to push us onwards but it does appear as if it will be a long road.

I just don't accept that we can't change shape in games, it's too rigid but this Plan A and the options are just do Plan A better. Scarey.

Someone wrote earlier about strikers all heading out of the box not into it we can't create ordinary goal scoring chances, Tav's goal was outstanding to say the least but he chasing back at the goal again. 

If he can't defend play him as a winger.

I don't know the answer but the management team need to get their finger out pronto.

Barton and rossiter cannot play in the same team, started the match with 2 DM's neither of which gets pass marks!!

Forrester looked hungry and up for it but horrible display from a rangers team.

Would drop half the team, wallace has been poor this season as has mckay meaning we have nothing going down the left flank at all!

Clint hill is never a CB and when boyd is running a mock against us theres some serious issues!!

Ps the ref was fucking awful!