****The Official Rangers v Queen of the South thread****

OceanRain

3 hours ago, rfc1990 said:

Think Rossiter is still injured, haven't heard otherwise. Hopefully see Crooks get a start but I think we'll see Halliday in the DM position. Could be a game for MW to try out a different formation, a plan B maybe? Wishful thinking.

I wonder if we'll see Barton in the squad.

What exactly are you looking for in a 'plan B'? 

A Championship team scoring goals and winning games and playing well vs a top flight team that is struggling to score, concedes goals too easily and is in a form slump by their own high standards.   Sound familiar?     Warburton has said on more occasions that I care to remember that he does not think there is much difference between teams at the top of the Championship and most teams in the top flight.    So the squad has best be on their toes and up for the game.  

I thought Rossiter was posted injured so doubt if he will play.  Warburton has already said that Crooks will feature at some point.   No doubt Gilks will get a game, and possibly Hodson too.     I assume that McKay will be invited to take a seat on the bench and MOH will be invited to start the game.   Garner will play as he needs more game time to get the hang of how the supposedly interchangeable front players work - actually the entire front 3 need to get the hang of it if they are going to persist with this.    Windass will play as he needs game time.

Now then.  Barton.   If he has returned to the fold at Ibrox and if amends have been made all round I suppose Warburton will give him game time as he (Barton) needs to sharpen up quite a bit.   Actually so does Warburton.   And Nico?   Probably kept in reserve for Aberdeen.   Don't know why that should be the case but at present he is not making anything like the impact I thought he should be able to make so maybe coming on as a sub to keep him ticking over at whatever tempo he is now able to operate at.   A game changer he is not proving to be.   Neither is Barton. 

I make no prediction of the result.   I simply hope we can score a goal or two and win regardless of how well Warburton thinks they will have performed.   Goals win games.    

With Rangers it seems that wide men getting to the bye line and driving the ball across the box is a thing of the past,sadly.Our tickie tackie football draws our striker/s out to the edge of the 18 yard line,so they're not able to get in quick enough for the ball across the 6 yard box,like Wallace and Tav played yesterday.For me we need MacKay/Waghorn or whoever attacking the bye line,instead of constantly turning inside.If we do this then Garner/Miller/MOH will get used to looking for that deadly pass.

I think we'll win but I suspect a tight game.

Sad to say but this could be a really tricky game. QotS have been in really good form in the championship, unbeaten. Pumped hibs away in the last round and we have no confidence in front of goal at the moment. I'd love to see MW experiment on Tuesday with a new formation, severely doubt it though.

8 minutes ago, RFCstuart said:

Can see there being a really poor attendance for this. Looking forward to it though, enjoy midweek games - breaks up the week a bit.

Good in a way, me and my brother have had the row to ourselves for the last two cup games :lol: