All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Blowing this out of proportion IMO.

Club statement said the disciplinary hearing was postponed at his request.

If it was a case of him just refusing to comply then there would be grounds to sack him.

There likely wouldn't in that scenario tbh but the club would be within it's rights to continue the disciplinary process without input from Barton.

5 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

If it was a case of him just refusing to comply then there would be grounds to sack him.

On the bbc one Scotland news 10mins ago they said that it has come to their attention that he won't play for us again.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There likely wouldn't in that scenario tbh but the club would be within it's rights to continue the disciplinary process without input from Barton.

Surely a refusal to cooperate with the disciplinary proceedings would be a breach of contract?

8 minutes ago, murzo said:

On the bbc one Scotland news 10mins ago they said that it has come to their attention that he won't play for us again.

Haven't seen the news tonight but the most recent story I can find online from the BBC is 6 hours ago and just says he's unlikely to play for us again.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

What a fucking prick.

Knew my gut instinct about this cunt was right.

Likewise.

At first when we were signing him I thought "no wtf we don't need him" not even anything to do with his personality or that, I just didn't think as a player he was what was needed.

Then I bought into the hype and changed my mind and thought he'd be a player for us. Something I'll not do again and I don't even know how I let that happen as I'm usually pretty stiff in my opinions on someone or something once my minds made up.

I don't think we are a great team at all, but we are a better team with him not in it (based on what I've seen)

I feel a little uncomfortable with scraping the bottom of the barrell to try and find any little reason to pay him off and save ourself the money. I know money is important to us but I think we should do things right and agree a compensation package that suits us but put a confidentiality clause on it knowing fine well he will open his fat trap and maybe won't have to pay him a penny.

Maybe even try and loan him back to someone in England and they will cover his wages? I've not seen that mentioned - that could be a good idea.

The bus driver who took me down to Dumfries on Sunday drinks in the same pub as Gilligan in Ayrshire and he was telling me that Barton said to Warburton something along the lines of him and Weir are nobodies who don't have a clue what they're doing, done nothing in the game with this Rangers job being too big for them. Also about our younger players all being shite and the other first team players not being on the same wavelength as him - or something to that effect.

53 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Was it not his request to postpone the SFA hearing and not with the club?

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

What a fucking prick.

Knew my gut instinct about this cunt was right.

Never in doubt it would end badly. Just a bit quicker than expected.

where are the Joey fan boys now? Fucking hiding. You know who you are! 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Likewise.

At first when we were signing him I thought "no wtf we don't need him" not even anything to do with his personality or that, I just didn't think as a player he was what was needed.

Then I bought into the hype and changed my mind and thought he'd be a player for us. Something I'll not do again and I don't even know how I let that happen as I'm usually pretty stiff in my opinions on someone or something once my minds made up.

I don't think we are a great team at all, but we are a better team with him not in it (based on what I've seen)

I feel a little uncomfortable with scraping the bottom of the barrell to try and find any little reason to pay him off and save ourself the money. I know money is important to us but I think we should do things right and agree a compensation package that suits us but put a confidentiality clause on it knowing fine well he will open his fat trap and maybe won't have to pay him a penny.

Maybe even try and loan him back to someone in England and they will cover his wages? I've not seen that mentioned - that could be a good idea.

The bus driver who took me down to Dumfries on Sunday drinks in the same pub as Gilligan in Ayrshire and he was telling me that Barton said to Warburton something along the lines of him and Weir are nobodies who don't have a clue what they're doing, done nothing in the game with this Rangers job being too big for them. Also about our younger players all being shite and the other first team players not being on the same wavelength as him - or something to that effect.

Out of order if he has actually said that, especially as he's been a disappointment since his arrival here as well.

Has he said anything that isn't true, or at least debatable, though?

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Out of order if he has actually said that, especially as he's been a disappointment since his arrival here as well.

Has he said anything that isn't true, or at least debatable, though?

See that's the thing ... if I am honest with myself I don't think our youths are all that great and for me the jury is very much out on Warburton and Weir. They're not the messiah's some fans think they are but they have done a lot of good things too which I like so I'm kinda split.

I think (if that's true what he's said) then I think it comes down to respect. You can't expect to speak to your boss and work mates like that and think everything will be OK - he could and should have been constructive about it if that's his thoughts instead of being an utter fanny.

For me when he sayed a few days after getting suspended that he regrets coming here then that's the nail in his coffin for me - nothing else.

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Likewise.

I thought Weir was an idol to him and an Everton legend? It's hearsay I suppose but he's clearly said something completely out of line. 

I'll be honest I thought he'd be a great signing, as did the majority of Rangers fans, press and other Scottish football fans. Nobody could have envisaged this, even with it being Joey Barton. Maybe they could have guessed off the field antics, but how poor he has been in a footballing sense is very surprising. 

I like the idea of trying to loan him out to an English Club, maybe Warburton can talk to Dyche? Who knows. 

Before arriving he was, slightly mended, damaged goods, what is he now? Would any want to touch him?

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

I thought Weir was an idol to him and an Everton legend? It's hearsay I suppose but he's clearly said something completely out of line. 

I'll be honest I thought he'd be a great signing, as did the majority of Rangers fans, press and other Scottish football fans. Nobody could have envisaged this, even with it being Joey Barton. Maybe they could have guessed off the field antics, but how poor he has been in a footballing sense is very surprising. 

I like the idea of trying to loan him out to an English Club, maybe Warburton can talk to Dyche? Who knows. 

Before arriving he was, slightly mended, damaged goods, what is he now? Would any want to touch him?

I think he obviously meant nobodies as in what they've done at management level.

Might not even be true either - you hear all sorts of shit.

17 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Sky were trying to sound Dyche out about this just after his initial suspension but he wasn't taking the bait. Burnley have spent decent money on their midfield so I don't think he'd get a sniff of a game down there now.

Probably need to aim for mid table Championship sides if we were looking to offload him. Would any decent teams down there want to take a chance on a player that's looked average playing in a division that they consider to be a step down though?

4 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Sky were trying to sound Dyche out about this just after his initial suspension but he wasn't taking the bait. Burnley have spent decent money on their midfield so I don't think he'd get a sniff of a game down there now.

Probably need to aim for mid table Championship sides if we were looking to offload him. Would any decent teams down there want to take a chance on a player that's looked average playing in a division that they consider to be a step down though?

Hendrick and Defour are the players they've bought? Barton's Rangers wages are supposedly lower than his old Burnley wages, so if they can get him and not have to cover 100% of them then there's probably a good chance. 

But Dyche needs to think logically how Barton would respond to not starting every week. 

1 hour ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He could just stick in a sick line and get any hearings postponed.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Likewise.

What i was told was same as you makay's dad drinks with guys who sit behind me at ibrox says Barton had words with manager and also weir and weir thrown him across changing room. Again lots story's but something like this has happened cos there is no way back for him. 

25 minutes ago, Pearson83 said:

What i was told was same as you makay's dad drinks with guys who sit behind me at ibrox says Barton had words with manager and also weir and weir thrown him across changing room. Again lots story's but something like this has happened cos there is no way back for him. 

Wait, you're saying big Davie threw Barton across the changing room because he was being cheeky and disrespectful?

lol fuck

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Wait, you're saying big Davie threw Barton across the changing room because he was being cheeky and disrespectful?

lol fuck

Only going by what I've been told and like many others lots different story's but am not doubting who told me. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Likewise.

Agree with the first part.

Your convo with the bus driver tells us -

a) he's a blowhard

or

b) Gillian should watch what he says

and

c) just reinforces views that a number of folk on here have been coming round to for a number of weeks.