All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

34 minutes ago, Pearson83 said:

What i was told was same as you makay's dad drinks with guys who sit behind me at ibrox says Barton had words with manager and also weir and weir thrown him across changing room. Again lots story's but something like this has happened cos there is no way back for him. 

Big Davie should have thrown him fuckin harder then ,if that's the case 

What has barton done /won ,compared to Davie . If he's said that , he's a fucking idiot 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Likewise.

At first when we were signing him I thought "no wtf we don't need him" not even anything to do with his personality or that, I just didn't think as a player he was what was needed.

Then I bought into the hype and changed my mind and thought he'd be a player for us. Something I'll not do again and I don't even know how I let that happen as I'm usually pretty stiff in my opinions on someone or something once my minds made up.

I don't think we are a great team at all, but we are a better team with him not in it (based on what I've seen)

I feel a little uncomfortable with scraping the bottom of the barrell to try and find any little reason to pay him off and save ourself the money. I know money is important to us but I think we should do things right and agree a compensation package that suits us but put a confidentiality clause on it knowing fine well he will open his fat trap and maybe won't have to pay him a penny.

Maybe even try and loan him back to someone in England and they will cover his wages? I've not seen that mentioned - that could be a good idea.

The bus driver who took me down to Dumfries on Sunday drinks in the same pub as Gilligan in Ayrshire and he was telling me that Barton said to Warburton something along the lines of him and Weir are nobodies who don't have a clue what they're doing, done nothing in the game with this Rangers job being too big for them. Also about our younger players all being shite and the other first team players not being on the same wavelength as him - or something to that effect.

I fell for the hype too and also started thinking "oh he's 34 now, he must have grown up". Don't know why. Guy has been a cunt of the highest order his entire career whilst being absolutely full of himself for absolutely no reason whatsoever given that until last year the only medal he'd ever fucking won was a losers medal at QPR. 

I also agree that whilst we now find ourselves in this position, we need to act like the club we are and handle it properly. Agree a pay off ASAP and get rid. Clean slate. The board have handled this very poorly IMO.

A loan would be good but I honestly don't know who the fuck would take this guy. He is absolutely toxic. A relegation facing team in the EPL? There's a risk he'd come in and it'd get even worse. A mid table team? There's a risk he'd come in and they'd lose momentum and drop down into a relegation battle.

Your last paragraph - I think regarding the youth players he's probably right but there's a context in which you say these things. You don't go in like an unprofessional wank, whilst being pissed off about something else and just lay into everything. Convey concerns in an appropriate manner and get on with it ffs. He can't change the quality of youths coming through and given he thought he'd be the best player in Scotland I'm inclined to think he's full of shite anyway.

He has absolutely no respect for the club, our players and staff and more importantly obviously no respect for us, the fans. 

2 hours ago, will2203 said:

Never in doubt it would end badly. Just a bit quicker than expected.

where are the Joey fan boys now? Fucking hiding. You know who you are! 

He lasted what, 2 months?

54 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Folk like you really are at the arse end of RM, who cares who was right and wrong about Barton. Fact is, our club and all of us have collectively lost out because of it. That's not something to brag about is it?

I didn't know much about Joey Barton, but was all for him signing because of what I was told by people in the know. You really think I give a shit about being wrong? You think any of us do?

I just feel like shit because I feel he could have been a good player for us, instead it's been a very costly exercise which will result in very few positives and a multitude of negatives.

Sensible post, has your account been hacked?  :pipe:

4 hours ago, ben51 said:

Hendrick and Defour are the players they've bought? Barton's Rangers wages are supposedly lower than his old Burnley wages, so if they can get him and not have to cover 100% of them then there's probably a good chance. 

But Dyche needs to think logically how Barton would respond to not starting every week. 

As far as I can see, he hasn't started since July, so shouldn't come as too much of a shock to him.

2 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Folk like you really are at the arse end of RM, who cares who was right and wrong about Barton. Fact is, our club and all of us have collectively lost out because of it. That's not something to brag about is it?

I didn't know much about Joey Barton, but was all for him signing because of what I was told by people in the know. You really think I give a shit about being wrong? You think any of us do?

I just feel like shit because I feel he could have been a good player for us, instead it's been a very costly exercise which will result in very few positives and a multitude of negatives.

Great post.

We've all got our various opinions (mainly critical!) about management, players, board, whatever. 

But we'd all gladly be proved wrong if the outcome is a successful Rangers team!

4 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Wait, you're saying big Davie threw Barton across the changing room because he was being cheeky and disrespectful?

lol fuck

Nice to see DW has a function around the place.

From what I've seen, he normally gets involved with berating officials at half & full time.

And those in the know on here say that he has nothing to do with our defensive performance, because he's Assistant Manager, you know?

5 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

No Big Davie restrained himself from kicking fuck out him :P

The initial rumours were Barton had raised his hands to Halliday and people were condemning that behaviour.  Not the rumour is Weir has thrown Barton across the room by the throat and everyone likes that idea.  It's double standards.

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The initial rumours were Barton had raised his hands to Halliday and people were condemning that behaviour.  Not the rumour is Weir has thrown Barton across the room by the throat and everyone likes that idea.  It's double standards.

For all we know /don't know DW coulda been getting JB off of another player mate 

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You're right, we have no idea what's happened.  However, if you read back in this thread you'll see people ready to believe and overreact to any negative Barton story or unsubstantiated rumour.  Yet, Weir apparently throwing Barton across a room is something we shouldn't believe without evidence but many would applaud if it turned out to be true.  The rumour doesn't need to be factual in order to expose the double standards amongst our supporters.

I don't understand the disproportionate level of hatred that exists on here for Barton and can't help but feel the player is getting a very hard time.  There's literally no way back for this guy because the media and fans have turned him in to some kind of evil villain.  Many are hating him without good cause.  Here's a guy that could be one of  our main player assets getting hounded out of the club and no one seems to be bothered.

He's also been Devil worshipping, and you can't see his reflection in a mirror, whatever that means???

Pasted from report I came across, fuck me guys a nugget right enough.

December 2004 - Stubs a lit cigar into the eye of his young team-mate Jamie Tandy during the club's Christmas party. Forced by City to pay a fine of four weeks' salary (£60,000) immediately, with a further two weeks' suspended for a year. Tandy later sued.

May 2005 - Barton breaks leg of 35-year-old pedestrian while driving his car at 2am in Liverpool city centre.

July 2005 - Involved in an altercation with a 15-year-old Everton fan at City's team hotel in Bangkok. Fined eight weeks' wages by City after being found guilty of gross misconduct.

March 2007 - Arrested on suspicion of assault and criminal damage in an incident involving a taxi driver. Bailed until May pending further inquiries.

May 2007 - Suspended by City for the rest of the season following a training ground bust up with team-mate Ousmane Dabo, leaving him needing hospital treatment.

December 2007 - Arrested in Liverpool city centre after a late-night incident and later charged with common assault and affray.

May 2008 - Jailed for six months after admitting common assault and affray. 

September 2008 - Banned for 12 matches – six of which are suspended – and fined £25,000 by the FA for his attack on Dabo. 

May 2009 - Suspended until further notice by Newcastle after a reported training-ground bust-up with Alan Shearer, which Barton denies. 

November 2010 - Banned for violent conduct by FA after punching the Blackburn Rovers player Morten Gamst Pedersen in the ribs. 

May 2012 - Sent off for QPR after a moment of madness against former club Manchester City, first scuffling with Carlos Tevez before kicking Sergio Aguero. 

15 hours ago, EatDolphins said:

Guy is a fucking prick of the highest order. Did anybody actually believe this wouldn't happen? 

Aye me. I'll hold my hands up and admit I thought it was an excellent signing st the time. 

I thought his cunty days where behind him after his successful stint at Burnley and also the fact Warburton and Dyche are good pals, that he would have got a good incite into what the fuck he was getting. 

I don't know what happened on the training ground that day, only various rumours that I've read on here, but for this to keep on going in the way it has suggests to me it was actually worse than people think. 

Barton is a cunt, but I did believe his football ability would be all that mattered, and I admit I was spectacularly wrong as the prick hasn't even shown that never mind anything else. 

Some may disagree with me here. I am very much a supporter of Warburton from a footballing perspective and he still has my full backing. We can guess all we want as to who done what on the day in question but we still clearly don't know the facts. Barton has previous but until you know exactly what happened you can't assume. So for me, at present, the only person who merits criticism in all of this is our manager who made the decision to sign him.

10 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If that was true (Weir "assaulting" Barton) then given this has become a disciplinary issue I'd have expected Barton to raise a formal counter. 

4 hours ago, BenLui said:

Pasted from report I came across, fuck me guys a nugget right enough.

December 2004 - Stubs a lit cigar into the eye of his young team-mate Jamie Tandy during the club's Christmas party. Forced by City to pay a fine of four weeks' salary (£60,000) immediately, with a further two weeks' suspended for a year. Tandy later sued.

May 2005 - Barton breaks leg of 35-year-old pedestrian while driving his car at 2am in Liverpool city centre.

July 2005 - Involved in an altercation with a 15-year-old Everton fan at City's team hotel in Bangkok. Fined eight weeks' wages by City after being found guilty of gross misconduct.

March 2007 - Arrested on suspicion of assault and criminal damage in an incident involving a taxi driver. Bailed until May pending further inquiries.

May 2007 - Suspended by City for the rest of the season following a training ground bust up with team-mate Ousmane Dabo, leaving him needing hospital treatment.

December 2007 - Arrested in Liverpool city centre after a late-night incident and later charged with common assault and affray.

May 2008 - Jailed for six months after admitting common assault and affray. 

September 2008 - Banned for 12 matches – six of which are suspended – and fined £25,000 by the FA for his attack on Dabo. 

May 2009 - Suspended until further notice by Newcastle after a reported training-ground bust-up with Alan Shearer, which Barton denies. 

November 2010 - Banned for violent conduct by FA after punching the Blackburn Rovers player Morten Gamst Pedersen in the ribs. 

May 2012 - Sent off for QPR after a moment of madness against former club Manchester City, first scuffling with Carlos Tevez before kicking Sergio Aguero. 

And we signed him....