All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

Barton said right from the start that his move here wasn't money orientated.  If he is a man of his word as much as he claims to be, he should realise he's made a howling arse of his short time at Rangers and arrange a mutual agreement with the club with a small pay off, if any.

50 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

because if you say there is no return then you are up for constructive dismissal and will have to pay up his contract. What is that people don't get about this?

He's not been employed two years and doesn't fit under discrimination so wouldn't really have the option of a constructive dismissal claim unless he can show Rangers haven't followed their own internal disciplinary policies.

21 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Barton said right from the start that his move here wasn't money orientated.  If he is a man of his word as much as he claims to be, he should realise he's made a howling arse of his short time at Rangers and arrange a mutual agreement with the club with a small pay off, if any.

Too right he should..  there's no doubts in my mind he vastly under estimated the game, what it lacks in top quality it more than makes up for hard work and determination to beat anything with a Rangers badge on. Add in the fact his quite arrogant comments on talk sport in the summer then he invited the pressure onto himself and failed without as much as a whimper.

on his day he may well stroll it in Scotland but since he's been out the squad Halliday has done more than Barton done in his 8 games.

as you say he should go without a pay off- that's if he has any dignity about himself. I'm sure there's a few takers in England for him

5 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Too right he should..  there's no doubts in my mind he vastly under estimated the game, what it lacks in top quality it more than makes up for hard work and determination to beat anything with a Rangers badge on. Add in the fact his quite arrogant comments on talk sport in the summer then he invited the pressure onto himself and failed without as much as a whimper.

on his day he may well stroll it in Scotland but since he's been out the squad Halliday has done more than Barton done in his 8 games.

as you say he should go without a pay off- that's if he has any dignity about himself. I'm sure there's a few takers in England for him

Spot on (tu) 

3 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I take it all the people saying the club have made a mess of this by extending his suspension again haven't actually read the club statement where it says it's been extended until his disciplinary hearing is rearranged after he asked for it to be postponed this week??

The good thing is that the club are having regular contact with him and informing him of the process and the reasons behind the extension which was all to do with JB asking the SFA for an extension. 

I don't see where the club are going wrong here unless the length of ban for the training ground incident etc. was disproportionate in regards to the behaviour of JB.

We can call it a coincidence but I think we're actually creating an opportunity out of a crises here in regards to JB being out the picture for last night and the game against the scum.

After that I still fell there is a place for JB albeit him and Niko can't play in the same team regardless of the opposition. 

If the news article is correct about him being asked to attend and refused then this is not a good sign and perhaps he will be out the door.

If I had a choice of keeping him or using his wage for a central defence then I would need to chose the latter and I think that's the route the club are going down.

33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He's not been employed two years and doesn't fit under discrimination so wouldn't really have the option of a constructive dismissal claim unless he can show Rangers haven't followed their own internal disciplinary policies.

Unlike joe bloggs down the factory He has a 2 year contact which means he can't be sacked and goes away

43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A fixed-term deal doesn't make you unsackable. Just see almost any manager in football. 

I agree with that although it's worth mentioning that managers are not technically sacked. Thats why they almost always get a pay off. It's to come to an agreement over the remainder of their contract.

4 minutes ago, The Mailman said:

Fast forward 6 months , this cunt will be back to spouting his republican Celtic pish all over Twitter and most probably saying he shouldn't have joined us . The sooner he's off the books the better

Interesting.

Where are we in the league in 6 months time?

What are the results in our games against them?

What will Santa bring me for Christmas?

Just asking while you've got the crystal ball out...

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Interesting.

Where are we in the league in 6 months time?

What are the results in our games against them?

What will Santa bring me for Christmas?

Just asking while you've got the crystal ball out...

Go away man, canny be arsed with cunts like you

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

A fixed-term deal doesn't make you unsackable. Just see almost any manager in football. 

No one says it does, what it means is that you have to agree a termination package. Most managers already have termination clauses in their contact with agreed amounts and terms. The point I made is that unless we have a watertight case for sacking a player it could cost you a fortune, nothing I've heard so far confirms that we do

37 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

I agree with that although it's worth mentioning that managers are not technically sacked. Thats why they almost always get a pay off. It's to come to an agreement over the remainder of their contract.

Correct, most managers contracts have clauses saying the reminder of the contract is only paid if they don't find alternative employment. As Baron will already have another deal lined up in January he will no doubt be willing to move on for a fraction of his remaining contract amount. An early termination amount will be agreed and he will move on. 

I wasn't going to post but obviously someone's got a friend in the press.

Joey Barton will not report back for training at Rangers on Monday and is unlikely to play for the club again.

The midfielder, 34, was suspended over a training ground row in September and has since been charged by the Scottish FA for breaching gambling rules.

Barton, who remains on full pay, was asked to attend a hearing at the Scottish Premiership club but refused.

It is understood talks between both parties have reached a stalemate over the disciplinary process.

Barton joined Rangers from Burnley on a two-year contract in May.

But, after eight appearances, he was suspended by the club following a reported altercation with team-mate Andy Halliday as players reviewed September's 5-1 defeat by Celtic. He was due to return on 10 October.

Barton was one of Mark Warburton's marquee signings this summer

The SFA then alleged that Barton had breached rules by placing 44 bets on matches between 1 July and 15 September.

Rangers subsequently announced that the player had been told to stay away for another seven days after launching a "formal disciplinary procedure".

Barton asked for more time to consider the SFA charge against him.

The parent body's disciplinary rule 33 prohibits players, coaches, club officials and referees in Scotland from betting on football anywhere in the world. A hearing is now due on 17 November.

In Barton's absence, Rangers have won three, drawn one and lost another in all competitions.

Capped once by England, Barton has made more than 400 senior club appearances in a career that has taken in spells at Manchester City, Newcastle United, QPR and Marseille.

He has won the Championship with Newcastle and Burnley and was also part of QPR's Championship play-off final-winning side in 2014.

Thanks and Goodbye then Joey.

2 hours ago, The Mailman said:

Fast forward 6 months , this cunt will be back to spouting his republican Celtic pish all over Twitter and most probably saying he shouldn't have joined us . The sooner he's off the books the better

Yup you betcha he will and it won't take 6 months ! :sherlock: