All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

10 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You're right, we have no idea what's happened.  However, if you read back in this thread you'll see people ready to believe and overreact to any negative Barton story or unsubstantiated rumour.  Yet, Weir apparently throwing Barton across a room is something we shouldn't believe without evidence but many would applaud if it turned out to be true.  The rumour doesn't need to be factual in order to expose the double standards amongst our supporters.

I don't understand the disproportionate level of hatred that exists on here for Barton and can't help but feel the player is getting a very hard time.  There's literally no way back for this guy because the media and fans have turned him in to some kind of evil villain.  Many are hating him without good cause.  Here's a guy that could be one of  our main player assets getting hounded out of the club and no one seems to be bothered.

Well he's turned up here , thinking he's gonna stroll it . Seemingly unfit , saying he wished he didn't come here to start with ,trying to flog a book ,  not played to his best , very average and that's being polite , then he's caused 116 pages of this nonsense on here ffs . As ye say ,here's a guy that could HAVE been one main asset to the squad , although he's came to us no fucking Burnley or some other bottom to mid table club down south , where he could possibly hold some weight through his name alone (only cause of his bad boy image), Not with us , We are Rangers .

Just now, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Well he's turned up here , thinking he's gonna stroll it . Seemingly unfit , saying he wished he didn't come here to start with ,trying to flog a book ,  not played to his best , very average and that's being polite , then he's caused 116 pages of this nonsense on here ffs . As ye say ,here's a guy that could HAVE been one main asset to the squad , although he's came to us no fucking Burnley or some other bottom to mid table club down south , where he could possibly hold some weight through his name alone (only cause of his bad boy image), Not with us , We are Rangers .

Agreed, shouts his mouth off...appeases his 'followers' by his social media obession.  Acted like the messiah, sagging off others constantly and other managers rather than keep his council and do his talking on the pitch. 

He is a first class arse hole,  typical ned with money. 

3 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Aye me. I'll hold my hands up and admit I thought it was an excellent signing st the time. 

I thought his cunty days where behind him after his successful stint at Burnley and also the fact Warburton and Dyche are good pals, that he would have got a good incite into what the fuck he was getting. 

I don't know what happened on the training ground that day, only various rumours that I've read on here, but for this to keep on going in the way it has suggests to me it was actually worse than people think. 

Barton is a cunt, but I did believe his football ability would be all that mattered, and I admit I was spectacularly wrong as the prick hasn't even shown that never mind anything else. 

Same here I was actually pleased we signed a player of his calibre and felt it was a bit of a coup we got him in the summer. I still believe he is a player and if he has screwed the nut he would have been good for us but the guy is an absolute arsehole and hope he gets booted out which looks more than likely 

With his track record and the way the club have delt with it in regards to the continued suspension then I think it's safe to assume that what happened is more than just a training ground bust up and i trust the club in the way they are dealing with it. The quicker we see the back of him the better and if he's not willing to go without a huge pay off then he should be made to train on his own and be forgotten about until he gets fed up and fucks off so he can go and cause another scene at another club if he is lucky for more book sales.

1 minute ago, roger9650 said:

You're not seriously comparing Gascoigne to Barton.  Did you ever see Gascoigne play?

So being a "thug" is cool if you're a decent player? :541:

Kinda backs up the point someone made earlier about the nonsense double standard. 

Battering your wife or pishing on a teammate is fine if you play alright but don't have a couple shite games then argue with the manager. 

11 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You're right, we have no idea what's happened.  However, if you read back in this thread you'll see people ready to believe and overreact to any negative Barton story or unsubstantiated rumour.  Yet, Weir apparently throwing Barton across a room is something we shouldn't believe without evidence but many would applaud if it turned out to be true.  The rumour doesn't need to be factual in order to expose the double standards amongst our supporters.

I don't understand the disproportionate level of hatred that exists on here for Barton and can't help but feel the player is getting a very hard time.  There's literally no way back for this guy because the media and fans have turned him in to some kind of evil villain.  Many are hating him without good cause.  Here's a guy that could be one of  our main player assets getting hounded out of the club and no one seems to be bothered.

Only because he's a cunt.

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So being a "thug" is cool if you're a decent player? :541:

Kinda backs up the point someone made earlier about the nonsense double standard. 

Battering your wife or pishing on a teammate is fine if you play alright but don't have a couple shite games then argue with the manager. 

The worst of Gascoigne was physically assaulting his wife. Inexcusable and repulsive. 

Pissing on a teammate is completely revolting however I don't think his intent was malicious.

Barton has a history of assault (including a young teammate), trouble making, attention seeking and generally disruptive behaviour. He's also served time at Her Majesty's pleasure. 

In my opinion Gazza suffers from serious mental health problems, the fame that came with his ability as a footballer probably exacerbated his condition. I'm not excusing his behaviour or condoning it but I certainly don't think he was someone fully in control of his actions. Barton seems more calculating. 

What's his excuse for a decade of attention seeking and strife wherever he has been? 

For you to pass off Gazza and Bartons behaviour as comparable strikes me as odd? 

You also seem to know for certain that all Barton did was argue with the manager? How do you know this? 

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

The worst of Gascoigne was physically assaulting his wife. Inexcusable and repulsive. 

Pissing on a teammate is completely revolting however I don't think his intent was malicious.

Barton has a history of assault (including a young teammate), trouble making, attention seeking and generally disruptive behaviour. He's also served time at Her Majesty's pleasure. 

In my opinion Gazza suffers from serious mental health problems, the fame that came with his ability as a footballer probably exacerbated his condition. I'm not excusing his behaviour or condoning it but I certainly don't think he was someone fully in control of his actions. Barton seems more calculating. 

What's his excuse for a decade of attention seeking and strife wherever he has been? 

For you to pass off Gazza and Bartons behaviour as comparable strikes me as odd? 

You also seem to know for certain that all Barton did was argue with the manager? How do you know this? 

The only comparison with Barton and Gascoigne is that Gascoigne had tremendous ability as a footballer, whereas the only ability Barton has is an ability for maximum publicity.  As a sportsman, Barton couldn't lace Gascoigne's boots.

58 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Gascoigne battered his wife, drank during games and pished on a team-mate whilst employed by us. 

good point. Barton's real problem is he has no focus. Maybe he's believed his own publicity and is currently guilty of hubris. Whether he returns or not doesn't bother me. I want all our players to be focused professionals, not gabbie self publicists.

10 minutes ago, gsa said:

I'm not passing off their behaviour as comparable but the reaction to such behaviour. Folk can't be genuinely outraged that Barton argued with people yet not have the same outrage that Gascoigne battered his wife whilst we paid his way. That's one fucking weird set of morals right there.

I don't think there's any doubt Barton has been a horrible bastard at points throughout his career (and life) but for folk who were all for his signing at the time, which was most people tbh, to now be saying "oh I knew he was bad cos he done this" or "we should never have signed him because he went to jail" or whatever else is incredibly hypocritical. 

The guy, generally speaking, is a total knob but fuck me the over-reaction from some is totally ridiculous. Calls for a player to be sacked for a bust-up with the manager (and Halliday but it's apparently largely the MW one that's turned it into a formal issue) are ridiculous.

Tbh, I wouldn't want to speak too much of Barton or Gascoigne's mental health without having some proper facts to hand regards it. There's been plenty bizarre attempts on here to use my mental health as some kind of point scoring tool and without knowing if Barton has been diagnosed and is being treated for anything I wouldn't want to speculate on it. 

It's not that "all he did" was argue with the manager but, based on a few different things (media reports, folk I've spoken to within the club, and my own experience of employment stuff) I've heard nothing which suggests it went any further than an argument with Halliday which turned into an argument with the manager when Barton wouldn't be a bit more constructive in his criticisms. If it HAD been any more than that, like physicality, or some of the verbal abuse he's apparently dished out to the manager in front of a dressing room full of players, he'd have been sacked (or at the very least been through the disciplinary stuff by now and we wouldn't even be looking to agree any kind of payoff with him. 

22 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

The only comparison with Barton and Gascoigne is that Gascoigne had tremendous ability as a footballer, whereas the only ability Barton has is an ability for maximum publicity.  As a sportsman, Barton couldn't lace Gascoigne's boots.

No-one has made any comparison of their footballing abilities. Just their conduct whilst a Rangers player.