Waghorn off in January?

Ferris Bueller

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

A lot of people slagging off one of our own players here on the basis of some shitty gossip mongering. This was how Trump started :-)

People are slagging him off for being a poor footballer with a stinking attitude.

Just now, Max1872 said:

People are slagging him off for being a poor footballer with a stinking attitude.

And which of us did he speak to for a long enough time to determine what his attitude is?

In our last ten games, Waghorn has only completed 90 mins once. In another five he has come on as a sub playing only 100 minutes in total out of 450. He started another four games, but never managing to get more than 70 minutes game time in any of these starts.

Waghorn is a football player, not a miracle worker. Looking at the above stats - could you blame him for possible feeling unsettled this season? I couldn't.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Meh. Not looked interested since his contract negotiations stalled. Hasn't done anything of note either. 

Couple of million for him and that'll be fine. 

A couple of million for a player that scored 30 goals in 8 years in England and has bombed in a piss poor spl, keep off the drugs sir. £300k max

2 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

A couple of million for a player that scored 30 goals in 8 years in England and has bombed in a piss poor spl, keep off the drugs sir. £300k max

Like I said above. Cellic manage to get millions for average or poor footballers. Why can't we?

50 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Not too fussed about Waghorn based on current form.

However.

I don't think I've ever experienced where:

- over 3 months not one player has performed consistently well

- where in every game bar one there's more players performing poorly than well

-where pretty much no sub has the drive to make a difference and show they deserve a jersey

- where other than talk there's no reaction to dropped points & poor performances.

I'm not sure if it's dressing room lost, but things sure as hell aren't great there and I don't see the players highly driven to improve things for him, themselves or us.

The players know the system not working the support know the system not working Warburtons the only one who believes in it now.

I think that's the real problem.

Not the player he was last season and hasn't been since he got injured vs Killie, kind of stutterered on from there and looks completely void of any confidence, it's up to him to to try and get it back. If he doesn't want to play for us any longer get him gone and reinvest whatever we get in the defence.

Last season's major injury and this season's minor one are telling on him I think.  Even this season he looked sharp in the Hamilton game but then done his hamstring.

I'd like to see him getting a run of games playing through the middle as he has shown he can be a deadly finisher on his day.  Can't see him starting regularly ahead of Garner though.

All the chat here is about Waghorn, but the OP talks of losing the dressing room?   So what is that header based on?   For me it's a ridiculous expression anyway.   If anyone has downed tools or whatever crap footballers do, then they can eff right off.   If you play for Rangers you give 100% all the time or you get out.

2 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

Boys at 5 a side (fans of other scottish clubs) were saying they had heard a rumour about waggy intentionally putting on weight so that he was over the threshold that warburton sets for each player. dunno what substance it has. I stopped listening and continued my warm up. 

"Warm up" for 5 a sides!!!!!

Fek sakes just get on with it.

Heidy Fitba Loyal

he has always come across a bit cocky, i reckon he wants a move and is unsettled etc because he was probably first name on the team sheet last season, now...not really and that is down to him.MW seems to change the team if a player is excelling on the pitch and in training, such as MoH and sticking with RK and CH at the back. Waghorn is not rising to the challenge he is thinking " fuck that, too much like hard work" I dont believe that MW had the intention of keeping a lot of players signed in the 15/16 season for very long, he has seen them as good enough for promotion and a decent sell on value, Waghorn would fall under that category for me. MW took a chance on some of these boys who were not getting the game time, likes of Tav, Haliday,Kiernan etc and some will grab that with both hands, others (waghorn) will not. Agree with what some others have said, he has as good a right foot as i do a left, pretty predictable and not a great finisher really. He now has JG starting ahead of him, and MoH playing well on the wing, and he canny be fucked trying to knock them off their perch, he want to be top boy, so a away and be top boy at Portsmouth or Bristol

2 hours ago, gazza27 said:

Said it in another thread it wouldn't bother me one bit if he left and we managed to somehow get over a million for him,he's guff

He should be much better than what he is - but he's not performing anywhere near where he should be - he should be bullying defences, but I doubt he could bully my wee son.

Waghorn - even making some allowance for injuries - has not been a high performer in league games this season.   He is not proving to be a goal scoring threat in this league.  He's been failing and not showing any real signs of remedying the failing in the times he is given game time.   Would not be surprised if he moves on.   He may need to be shifted anyway and not replaced to help pay for Barton's early departure if funds are tight.

The outfield players from last season - Miller excepted to some extent - have not improved and are not performing as part of a highly competitive team.   The players brought in are not delivering.  Too many injured, injured again, still injured, argued - told Warburton which way was up - now going with compensation money in back pocket.

Far too many points have been dropped.   Playing a system they cannot (or will not) deliver and with the only answer from the manager being to keep trying and to work harder.   Game after game we hear the same excuses - trained well, prepared well.   But after too many games the post match interviews talk about not performing as intended in one or both halves of the game or......and this one is annoying......'that was not us'.    The analysis is there, the knowledge of what needs to be done is there.   What is not there game after game is the ability to engineer the changes needed to improve results and performances on a sustained basis.  

Wouldn't surprise me if those players who know Rangers, those who've lived through the last 4 years and more, have told Warburton and the others new to the Club that its just not good enough.   I think actually that sort of 'heated discussion' was reported to have happened before the semi final but look what happened there.  Even after that messaging........still lost the game, didn't turn up and play as a Rangers side should and other than for Gilks it could have been much worse than 1-0.   

Warburton is known to encourage these sorts of frank 'group' (as he calls them) discussions.   But look what happened in the Barton incident where the whole thing ran out of control.     If full and frank discussions have been carrying on and its a case of the local boys get the importance to the Support of winning but the new boys don't then you get some tension.   Made worse if the manager is not able to harness that to positive effect for the team as a whole.  Which he isn't as proved in the cup semi despite a week or more of hype about being prepared etc.  Just as bad, its not translating into the sort of team response in other games like the one at RC on Sunday where we ended up hanging on for just a point against the bottom side.  

Dressing room gone?   Maybe not. But maybe the tensions are telling as too often we see yet more excuses about why points were dropped.   The more this goes on without remedy the more the players will feel the pressure and the more that pressure will ultimately rest with the manager because he picks the team and determines the tactics.   If over enough of the course of a season they do not work well enough and are not showing that they will begin to deliver the promised land then something has to change.   The dressing room will feel it first though.