***The Official Hearts V Rangers Thread***

ForeverAndEver

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Dead on.

And, to be fair, when it was good, it was very good.

But that's a while ago now.

The pressure's growing - hearing him whinging about the disallowed goal, then admitting that, one way or another, it was correct was cringeworthy.

Not in a mood to hear him find excuses or deflect from what we all saw tonight, let alone the usual 'learning' pish.

I can't see what he can or will change to make that pressure go away now. He has a pathetic record against the teams that he'd want to think of as being our closest competitors, last season included, despite having better resources. If he can't or won't change such a turgid team with the advantages he has, he should go.

10 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

That's what's missing....we could press and bully teams in the Championship as their fitness was poor and usually their defenders wernt comfortable on the ball.

When teams try to press the the barcas of the world, their defenders don't panic and pass the ball around. Kiernan is not a passer , so why bring him in, he doesn't fit the system in anyway.. Wilson can pass a little but still panics when pressed.

Simply the players we have are not suited to the system we look to play. The system we stick to is easy to counter as we don't have the right players....  

We give opposition managers the easiest decisions.  Sit in and Counter our super slow back 5 Inc Haliday. ? punish us from Set Pieces ? orfill squad with fit youthful players to press force errors from defense.?

Teams don't need to work out what we are going to do....it's the same shite every week.

Hertz didn't sit in, they went for it and closed our back four right down whilst they done their usual and fannied about with the ball. As for our midfield, we didn't have one.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Hertz didn't sit in, they went for it and closed our back four right down whilst they done their usual and fannied about with the ball. As for our midfield, we didn't have one.

The scariest part of tonight for me. Lots of teams sit back and happily watch us go nowhere with 70% possession, knowing that there's a good chance it will work for them. To see it turn to that complete shambles when the opposition do decide to get the ball back...

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

For me it's not the players, it's the system. Which he won't change. Needs out the fucking door.

The players are lacking in the quality we need to challenge but it would at least be helpful to play to their strengths to get the best out of them rather than shoe horn them into this "style" of play.

Just now, Jelavic191 said:

The players are lacking in the quality we need to challenge but it would at least be helpful to play to their strengths to get the best out of them rather than shoe horn them into this "style" of play.

Not sure I can make a fair assessment of them under this system and management. I have seen quality from most of them as individuals but as a unit they're not being utilised. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Not sure I can make a fair assessment of them under this system and management. I have seen quality from most of them as individuals but as a unit they're not being utilised. 

I think you have a point. We don't play to suit the players we force them into a system that suits Warburton. Hence Garner and MOH look so poor. Neither are equipped to play how he wants so why buy them?

13 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

For me it's not the players, it's the system. Which he won't change. Needs out the fucking door.

the players are not good enough either  our whole team is far too soft and lightweight while the league might not be great quality all the teams are physical and work hard  i am afraid there is a lot more pain to come

5 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

I think you have a point. We don't play to suit the players we force them into a system that suits Warburton. Hence Garner and MOH look so poor. Neither are equipped to play how he wants so why buy them?

MOH looks so poor because he's an awful footballer.

Predicted this would happen last night,Form has been absolutely rotten,Far to many passengers,there is no quality in the side,Buckle up and get used to this for years if big bucks are not spent on decent quality players.

We will scrape a draw if we're lucky on Saturday against the sheep.

Hearts will come to Ibrox and play the exact same way they did tonight and take another 3pts.

Quite hard to believe that Hamilton took three goals off Hearts and we had one shot on target in 94mins tonight against them.

We will be lucky to finish in the top six at the rate we are going

25 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

Not in a mood to hear him find excuses or deflect from what we all saw tonight, let alone the usual 'learning' pish.

I can't see what he can or will change to make that pressure go away now. He has a pathetic record against the teams that he'd want to think of as being our closest competitors, last season included, despite having better resources. If he can't or won't change such a turgid team with the advantages he has, he should go.

Agreed!?

14 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Would have been interesting to see how some of last year's crew would have performed if we'd got 2 or 3 solid pros in, instead of the youth/has been's we've been subjected to.

Look no further than Don Cowie for an example of what I mean by that.

Guess we'll never find out now.

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

Would have been interesting to see how some of last year's crew would have performed if we'd got 2 or 3 solid pros in, instead of the youth/has been's we've been subjected to.

Look no further than Don Cowie for an example of what I mean by that.

Guess we'll never find out now.

Most of the team tonight were the team that won the championship,The problem is we just don't have the quality required for the step up against better teams, Even last season with a far superior budget and much better players,We still couldn't beat Falkirk away from home twice and lost both games.

I watched the Hamilton v Hearts game and Hearts were rotten and conceded 3 goals against them and were lucky to get a draw, I don't foresee Rangers going to Hamilton and scoring three goals against them.

People keep going on and on about budgets and in reality it's a load of shite,All teams outwith the unwashed are more than capable of beating each other regardless of budgets,Problem is that the smaller clubs tend to lift their games against the bigger clubs,But Rangers are still seen as the prime scalp regardless of how poor we are.

Just watch the totally different Aberdeen side that turns up  at Ibrox on Saturday from the one that turned up in the cup final, They have a huge monkey on their backs and haven't won at Ibrox in well over 20yrs and a capacity crowd will help them more than us if things aren't going our way.

5 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Most of the team tonight were the team that won the championship,The problem is we just don't have the quality required for the step up against better teams, Even last season with a far superior budget and much better players,We still couldn't beat Falkirk away from home twice and lost both games.

I watched the Hamilton v Hearts game and Hearts were rotten and conceded 3 goals against them and were lucky to get a draw, I don't foresee Rangers going to Hamilton and scoring three goals against them.

People keep going on and on about budgets and in reality it's a load of shite,All teams outwith the unwashed are more than capable of beating each other regardless of budgets,Problem is that the smaller clubs tend to lift their games against the bigger clubs,But Rangers are still seen as the prime scalp regardless of how poor we are.

Just watch the totally different Aberdeen side that turns up  at Ibrox on Saturday from the one that turned up in the cup final, They have a huge monkey on their backs and haven't won at Ibrox in well over 20yrs and a capacity crowd will help them more than us if things aren't going our way.

This team is capable of a better standard than how they're currently performing. Management & inflexible tactics are the issue as evidenced by the players' regression. The right man could get so much more from this lot. Any time we win it's despite the management. Not because of it. 

3 hours ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Warburton is a shitebag, he was shown up in his handling of the Barton situation 

players know when they can walk over a manager 

it's all over mark, away back to the English championship with your shitbag stubborn tactics , they just don't cut it with Rangers 

If that's a brand new MW song, it doesn't scan very well.

13 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Most of the team tonight were the team that won the championship

You're right. 

Aside from Dodoo, Crooks and Garner tonight it's our fucking championship team trying for 2nd place in the premiership.

Simply not good enough.

Line up won't be much different on Saturday either sadly - maybe Hill in defence if he's recovered fully, Garner to start probably... Crooks again?! Other than that it'll be the same championship side yet again who just haven't been able to make the step up. 

24 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

You're right. 

Aside from Dodoo, Crooks and Garner tonight it's our fucking championship team trying for 2nd place in the premiership.

Simply not good enough.

Line up won't be much different on Saturday either sadly - maybe Hill in defence if he's recovered fully, Garner to start probably... Crooks again?! Other than that it'll be the same championship side yet again who just haven't been able to make the step up. 

Garner caused Hearts more problems in his 30mins than Dodoo did in an hour. At times Garner looks clumsy and misses loads of chances but he chases everything and for a guy his height he can fairly jump for the ball and won't shirk a challenge.

The problem also is playing players out of position which has went on for years and if a player it must be very frustrating.

No idea what's wrong with Hill but getting him back on Saturday would be a bonus,Also looking like Windass maybe out for a few weeks so Crooks will no doubt be around the first team, Have absolutely no idea what's going on also with Waghorn and even though he's match fit,It must be pissing him off not even getting on as a sub.

1 hour ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Garner caused Hearts more problems in his 30mins than Dodoo did in an hour. At times Garner looks clumsy and misses loads of chances but he chases everything and for a guy his height he can fairly jump for the ball and won't shirk a challenge.

The problem also is playing players out of position which has went on for years and if a player it must be very frustrating.

No idea what's wrong with Hill but getting him back on Saturday would be a bonus,Also looking like Windass maybe out for a few weeks so Crooks will no doubt be around the first team, Have absolutely no idea what's going on also with Waghorn and even though he's match fit,It must be pissing him off not even getting on as a sub.

Some of the wee flicks I've seen Garner pull off from headers are spot on - just no one is ready to run on for them sadly. 

The outlook right now doesn't look great. Our signings haven't remotely went to plan at all. Between that Barton pish, Niko's freak injury, Windass//Rossiter always having injuries and knocks and that's not to mention the slew of what feels like constant niggling injuries elsewhere too from training.

It's all just so frustrating.

I thought that this would've been the kind of game that suited Garner. 

He is a rough and tumble type of forward, holds the ball up until help arrives, gets in about the opposition defenders, and is good in the air.

I don't think Warburton is getting his team selection right lately. I don't know why Miller gets the full 90 minutes, he looks a busy player, but adds nothing to the team. Halliday looks out of his depth, just not sure he's good enough, yet starts every week. Both full backs need resting, they're not doing it going forward, or in defence. 

I'm not sure if Warburton is the man to take us forward, even though I really want him to succeed as he's such a likeable gentleman. 

6 hours ago, gsa said:

MOH looks so poor because he's an awful footballer.

He played in a team who counterattack so he had space to run into. We don't play that way so in my opinion it's hard to judge him. It just underlines that it is yet another strange signing.

5 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Yup - I'm concerned that our proud record is under threat.

I still think some of ours might do a bit better with a better player next to them.

Although I did say in the summer that I didn't see many of them 'training on' and coping with the step up.

I feel sorry for lads like Dodoo, who's done enough in the last fortnight to suggest there might be a glimmer of hope, but everybody else is struggling so badly with their own game, they aren't able to help him bed in.

9 hours ago, Hilly86 said:

One of the stranger things about MW's failure, for someone so obviously intelligent and thoughtful about football, is the difference in what he says and what we can all see happening on the pitch. When did we last press an opposition? It's been a myth for longer than the few months last year when it was a real thing to appreciate.

Yeah I also find this bizarre .We did do it on occasions last year and it worked .

For some strange reason .We haven't really seen the team repeat it.Overall we are rancid to watch .I can recall feeling as low watching my team when Ally had as playing utter garbage with his wasteful squad .Can't really say there is a whole lot of difference with MW

We all thought we were going to get our revenge on the park ,with the club's that hurt us 

It hasn't worked out that way and it leaves you annoyed that we still persevere with it .