***The Official Hearts V Rangers Thread***

ForeverAndEver

Garner was the best Rangers player on that pitch tonight, he was only only for 25 minutes. 

Rest don't even get a 5/10. No desire, no fight. 

Warburton has to change it, surely he can't go on saying the same shit week in week out. It's not fucking working, get it sorted or get to fuck.

Just now, A.T.G said:

Why the fuck was Djoum allowed to control the midfield, you know you can fucking challenge someone eh?

That was a joke, we have no steel in midfield, teams have sussed MW out

And yet he persists with the same system week in week out. Fucking shambles. 

Fucking gash doesn't even come close to describing that tonight! Says a lot when your keeper is actually your best defender. So many things wrong it would take all night to list them.

Most alarming thing for me is our inability to make simple forward passes, and taking players on. Instead we make 2 sideways passes, 1 forward, 1 back to the keeper then a hoof tae nae cunt!

Fucking disgrace...not one of them deserve to wear the shirt based on that dross tonight!

Just now, HG5 said:

Because that's too fucking simple & not philosophical enough!

I get he wants to play football in his rigid philosophy.   It just doesn't work.

When you are Barcelona ans you spend hundreds of millions and have arguably the best front three in the world you have to play all three,  hence 3 attackers 

When you are Rangers you have to analyse and Exploit the oppositions weaknesses. Then play to your Strengths..

Tarts struggle against pace and teams getting behind them.

We have players that can do that with their Pace. O'halloran, Mckay, Dodoo.

Garner is good at holding up the ball and dragging centre backs out of position  play him for that reason. Good in the Air so cross the ball to him.

Seems to me he has a system but hasn't got the right players for it.

No midfield anchor to drop and take balls from Defenders....to tackle,  to break up play.

Asking a 36 year old man to bomb up and down the wings, cross, press RB's and help defend is fucking madness. 

I say we go 4-4-2 until we find a system that works. 

Warburton will never change from 4-4-3,  so we will continue to be dominated in Midfield and abused down the wings. The  constantly fail to provide a threat going forward.

I am done!      

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

There is no coaching going on ,if we use tonight as an example . .MW is simply atrocious in bigger game match ups with the other teams Managers .

The Hearts Manager is fucking off ,yet still out smarting our magic hat

All true mate. The drop in class play from last season is alarming. Something is just not right but I can't put my finger on it. They're all right as well....away fans. We're not Rangers any more. After watching that, I have no idea who those 11 in Royal Blue are.....but it's fucking not Rangers!

1 minute ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

I get he wants to play football in his rigid philosophy.   It just doesn't work.

When you are Barcelona ans you spend hundreds of millions and have arguably the best front three in the world you have to play all three,  hence 3 attackers 

When you are Rangers you have to analyse and Exploit the oppositions weaknesses. Then play to your Strengths..

Tarts struggle against pace and teams getting behind them.

We have players that can do that with their Pace. O'halloran, Mckay, Dodoo.

Garner is good at holding up the ball and dragging centre backs out of position  play him for that reason. Good in the Air so cross the ball to him.

Seems to me he has a system but hasn't got the right players for it.

No midfield anchor to drop and take balls from Defenders....to tackle,  to break up play.

Asking a 36 year old man to bomb up and down the wings, cross, press RB's and help defend is fucking madness. 

I say we go 4-4-2 until we find a system that works. 

Warburton will never change from 4-4-3,  so we will continue to be dominated in Midfield and abused down the wings. The  constantly fail to provide a threat going forward.

I am done!      

I think you covered most parts!

I'd just add we're back to the early days of last season - putting Fod under needless pressure with passbacks.

Listening to folk talking about Hertz tactics on tv, the high press and all, sounds like they're beating us at our own game!

24 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

At the end of the day we have not been good enough tonight.  End of story,  do we have the quality to come second?  Yes I believe we do.  Will we,  yes I think we will. There is clearly something that is not working and that could be a number of things.  Changing almost an entire side in the sumer could be a contributing factor.  Having an almost constantly changing side is always going to make things difficult.  Having 4 or 5 important players having a drop in form is going to cause the rest of the side to have to do more to compensate. 

What would I change?  I'd have a shoot on sight policy,  be a bit more direct in the final 3rd.  

Foderingham, Wallace, Tavernier, Wilson, Kiernan, Holt, Halliday, Forrester, Miller, O'Halloran, McKay.

These are all last years men, how has he changed almost an entire side since the summer ?

Just now, Zappa6995 said:

Foderingham, Wallace, Tavernier, Wilson, Kiernan, Holt, Halliday, Forrester, Miller, O'Halloran, McKay.

These are all last years men, how has he changed almost an entire side since the summer ?

11 signings were made,  his words. Not mine.... 

That was embarassing. Men against boys. They were better than us in every area of the park. We were a baw hair away from a serious shredding. I also did notice Butcher and cunty taking the piss out of Warburton in the commentary. 

They are better than Aberdeen and can see them taking second spot. As for us, I honestly don't know where we will end up.

Totally inept from back to front. Our font three may as well not be on the park with the little service they get from the seven behind them. Our midfield have found their level and it isn't in the top tier. Our back four were a disater. Wallace's head is down, but the other three, shouldn't be in our jersey. As for the Tav, he never was a defender and never will be. Then there's Fod's. Not a bad shot stopper, but that's where it ends. Embarassing and another who shouldn't be near us.

They exploited everyone of our very obvious weaknesses where Warburton again failed to vary the play and adapt because quite simply he is a hostage to his very limited knowledge of the game and his own arrogance. Just watched him on the box there making a total cunt of himself in the post match.

It's simply that most of our players don't have it and the least said about Warburton the better. His time is up as there will be no challenge for second place under his stewardship. Now go tell it to king.

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

Give me a point against Aberdeen on Sat right now. Them coming to Ibrox and winning would top this shit off 

It's the best bet on the coupon.Put 50 on Rangers tonight .I must be ducking nuts .I let me heart rule my head

Won't be on Saturday 

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Listening to folk talking about Hertz tactics on tv, the high press and all, sounds like they're beating us at our own game!

One of the stranger things about MW's failure, for someone so obviously intelligent and thoughtful about football, is the difference in what he says and what we can all see happening on the pitch. When did we last press an opposition? It's been a myth for longer than the few months last year when it was a real thing to appreciate.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

I think you covered most parts!

I'd just add we're back to the early days of last season - putting Fod under needless pressure with passbacks.

That's what's missing....we could press and bully teams in the Championship as their fitness was poor and usually their defenders wernt comfortable on the ball.

When teams try to press the the barcas of the world, their defenders don't panic and pass the ball around. Kiernan is not a passer , so why bring him in, he doesn't fit the system in anyway.. Wilson can pass a little but still panics when pressed.

Simply the players we have are not suited to the system we look to play. The system we stick to is easy to counter as we don't have the right players....  

We give opposition managers the easiest decisions.  Sit in and Counter our super slow back 5 Inc Haliday. ? punish us from Set Pieces ? orfill squad with fit youthful players to press force errors from defense.?

Teams don't need to work out what we are going to do....it's the same shite every week.

Will we take any points from the sheep shaggers and them again at home? I seriously doubt it, as it will again be 433 all the way and more back passing than rugby. Dodoo on the bench and in fact just keep any front three on the bench as it won't make any fucking difference because of what is behind them and our failure to change the system.

This MW project is well failing and now beyond a fucking joke.

1 minute ago, Hilly86 said:

One of the stranger things about MW's failure, for someone so obviously intelligent and thoughtful about football, is the difference in what he says and what we can all see happening on the pitch. When did we last press an opposition? It's been a myth for longer than the few months last year when it was a real thing to appreciate.

Dead on.

And, to be fair, when it was good, it was very good.

But that's a while ago now.

The pressure's growing - hearing him whinging about the disallowed goal, then admitting that, one way or another, it was correct was cringeworthy.

6 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

He is not intelligent in football and an arrogant stubborn man. He is so arrogant, he will have learned nothing from tonight's failures. He uses management speak quite a lot, but I doubt he even understands the meaning of any of it.