*** The Official Rangers vs Hearts Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

I assume Tav doing presser means that he will start?? Don't know if I've made that up or not but is it not usually a player that's going to be in the starting XI.
 If so not sure if he replaces Hodson (which would be unfair on Hodson) or if he plays in midfield alongside Holt and Haliday.

I expect,

Wes

Hodson Kirenan Wilson Wallace

Tav Haliday Holt

Waghorn Garner Miller

Don't know why but have a sneaky suspicion that Waghorn will start this one.

8 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I reckon we're pretty much guaranteed to see that.

I rate Waghorn, but I really think MOH helps us stretch games (which suits us more IMO) with his pace.

He was useless against Aberdeen, but they still doubled up on him and sat deeper. He is lightening quick if nothing else. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I rate Waghorn, but I really think MOH helps us stretch games (which suits us more IMO) with his pace.

He was useless against Aberdeen, but they still doubled up on him and sat deeper. He is lightening quick if nothing else. 

It's a great problem to have! I like MOH too so I'll be happy with both.

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

MOH is one of the least effective footballers I have ever seen in a Rangers shirt, the guy just runs in straight lines (very quickly. I will admit) but his end product is almost non existent.  He seems reluctant to deliver an early cross as everything with him seems to be about getting to the bye line and drilling a low ball across the goal mouth, that's if he doesn't over run it or run straight into a full back.

We have a guy (Garner) who thrives on crosses into the box, we need someone like Tavernier on the wing who not only can run at players but can deliver good quality early crosses into the box.

35 minutes ago, port_bear said:

MOH is one of the least effective footballers I have ever seen in a Rangers shirt, the guy just runs in straight lines (very quickly. I will admit) but his end product is almost non existent.  He seems reluctant to deliver an early cross as everything with him seems to be about getting to the bye line and drilling a low ball across the goal mouth, that's if he doesn't over run it or run straight into a full back.

We have a guy (Garner) who thrives on crosses into the box, we need someone like Tavernier on the wing who not only can run at players but can deliver good quality early crosses into the box.

I'm sorry but tav doesn't delivery a good ball hence him being a right back rather than a right winger he has a very poor final ball! MOH can hit the byline and put decent balls in and I think with their attacking full backs he will have a decent amount of space to get in behind but just my opinion of course

44 minutes ago, port_bear said:

I could not have put this better, agree completely. You did miss out his uncanny knack of hitting his "crosses" against his opponents shins.

Nervous as fuck for this match....  Reason being I truly believe that IF our good form from last week is evident on Sat.. then we might have turned a corner.  Don't want to see 2 steps back here... But am quietly optimistic of course (tu)

The Rangers 2-0 Hearts

Garner and Halliday (Pen)

MON THE GERS!!!!

17 minutes ago, delamonty said:

Nervous as fuck for this match....  Reason being I truly believe that IF our good form from last week is evident on Sat.. then we might have turned a corner.  Don't want to see 2 steps back here... But am quietly optimistic of course (tu)

The Rangers 2-0 Hearts

Garner and Halliday (Pen)

MON THE GERS!!!!

Glad it's no just me got this feeling

13 minutes ago, kdybear55 said:

I'm sorry but tav doesn't delivery a good ball hence him being a right back rather than a right winger he has a very poor final ball! MOH can hit the byline and put decent balls in and I think with their attacking full backs he will have a decent amount of space to get in behind but just my opinion of course

Whit?

Tav has surely one of the deliveries of a ball at our club!  His free kicks are testimony to that.

He over cooks it same as most, and doesn't always swing one in...Your deluded mate  

15 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Whit?

Tav has surely one of the deliveries of a ball at our club!  His free kicks are testimony to that.

He over cooks it same as most, and doesn't always swing one in...Your deluded mate  

I'd like to see how many assists he's got from his deliveries from open play

As an aside one of Sevco fans main complaints this season about Warburton has been that he has only ever set up Rangers to play one way and has never seemed to look at the opposition teams and how specifically to play against them.

Sevco and Rangers in the same sentence, mongo.

18 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

The big issue is of course Wilson alongside Kiernan.  Hearts scored one due to Wilson trying to win a ball up at the halfway line and didn't. Tav was up at their corner flag by then.....

Wilson's better.

What a difference a week makes, only negative and worry for me is the loss of Hill. Was hoping he would be there but hey ho.

We must grab our chance here and show Hearts what we are capable of, if we get an early goal it will be a struggle for the jambos and if not then I hope we the fans stay patient and right behind the team for the second half. Most games we seem to inject urgency in the second half.

3-1 for the teddy bears.

I would go with:

Wes

Hodson Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Tav Halliday Holt

MOH Garner Mckay

Going with pace up top as I think we could really hit them on the break as I have a feeling they will try and come at us again. Having Waghorn there doesn't have the same effect as he doesn't have the pace to get past players.

2-1 rangers