Jon Toral Signs Until End of Season.

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

KAI man fucking loosing up and celebrate, we will go to Leipzig, get fucking pished on the Saturday, wake up on Sunday go to the stadium and Rossiter Toral and Modric will be on that pitch.

1 player doesn't excite me when we need a whole new midfield. It's a start but we need a lot more. Once the final pieces are signed and in place I'll loosen up and look forward to things.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

But he did come to Arsenal along with Bellerin, and was rated higher. 

True, but as they progressed maybe they didn't give him as much of a raise, who knows. I know you will laugh, but Football Manager is actually a really accurate database and that has him at like £11k so I wasn't far off

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

True, but as they progressed maybe they didn't give him as much of a raise, who knows. I know you will laugh, but Football Manager is actually a really accurate database and that has him at like £11k so I wasn't far off

He was never going to be on near 20k. I suspect about 10k. He's a better talent than Zelalem and he's probably on 8-9k

33 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

1 player doesn't excite me when we need a whole new midfield. It's a start but we need a lot more. Once the final pieces are signed and in place I'll loosen up and look forward to things.

Well one player is better than 0 in my eyes :lol: We have been to rack and roo the last few years man I've learned to appreciate every single bit of good news that comes our way :lol: 

13 minutes ago, now then forever said:

Really surprised people aren't more excited about this signing tbh.  Looks exactly what we need.  And is a really good coup from MW to land him imo.  Hopefully, we can get Rossiter back fit during the winter break too.

Just watched a few clips of him looks a Gd player looks like hes the type of player that will fill the void left by Niko ....... hoping he will be a player .......

7 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Just watched a few clips of him looks a Gd player looks like hes the type of player that will fill the void left by Niko ....... hoping he will be a player .......

Came to Arsenal from Barcelona's academy with Bellerin and was extremely highly rated.  Done well for Brentford, Birmingham's player of the year in the Championship and played a few games in la Liga with Granada.  Over 6 ft, only 21 and got a decent scoring record too.  Looking forward to seeing him!  For where we are right now, looks potentially a great signing.

I think people hoping for three new midfielders in this window are going to be left dissapointed.

Toral will hopefully come in and I would like to hope a more defensively minded one will too but with Halliday, Holt & Windass still at the club and unlikely to be moving on I think that will be it.

31 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

This is the thing that really annoys me about loan deals,this guy could go on to be our best player this season then what happens once he leaves in the summer?

Bit of a glass half empty way of looking at it. If he is good and if we can't sign him permanently for whatever reason, then at least we've had him for 6 months.

We can only hope he's filling a gap until the close season then some more permanent solutions will be forthcoming. If that is the case, better to fill the gap with a good player than a bad one.