*** The Official Rangers V Morton Match Thread ***

Rangers Lady

9 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

I didn't watch the game against county but judging by the score and comments thank God I didn't, how did Senderos play?

Shat himself every time the ball went near him and missed a sitter in the second half.

He looked exactly what he is - a poor player who hasn't played in months.

6 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Shat himself every time the ball went near him and missed a sitter in the second half.

He looked exactly what he is - a poor player who hasn't played in months.

Disagree. He was fine on the ball, and aggressive in defence. 

I don't think he is a poor player, didn't even look that rusty IMO. Big improvement on Kiernan. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I don't think he is a poor player, didn't even look that rusty IMO. Big improvement on Kiernan. 

Agree I thought he had a decent game and defo wouldn't want kiernan any where near our team again. Don't think the big man is the solution but he is better than keirnan. Although I would have wilson and hill paired together against Morton 

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I didn't think he was great, but agreed he is a definite improvement on Kiernan, which is a start.

6 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

Agree I thought he had a decent game and defo wouldn't want kiernan any where near our team again. Don't think the big man is the solution but he is better than keirnan. Although I would have wilson and hill paired together against Morton 

I'd actually give Hill a wee rest, the old yin is looking tired. 

For the sake of the Club, and the opportunity to progress in the Cup I hope we win.

For Warburton anything other than winning would presumably put him on even thinner ice with King, the Board and very probably quite a lot of the Support.    It would give the media a field day to have a go not only at him and the players, but the Club in general.    I trust neither Warburton or the players will underestimate Morton.  Yes I know we'll be treated to the usual pre-match stuff from Warburton about respecting the opposition, that they will be well organised, that they will have a clear game plan and all that guff. Yes I know that Warburton will parade his usual pre-match guff about the players having rested well, trained well, prepared well and so on but frankly he has not done anywhere near enough to instil in them enough of a winning mentality so all the pre-match guff counts for very little unless it is translated into goals and wins in actual games.

I guess the team and Warburton will be under intense pressure for each game from here on in until the end of the season.   Whether they can cope with that and deliver a good cup run and recover back to 2nd in the league is anyone's guess.   First things first though and a win on Sunday.

Guest Lloyd72
1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I'd actually give Hill a wee rest, the old yin is looking tired. 

He's 38 and has played about 20+ games in a row this season (bar hearts at home) which is really impressive, but I worry it might cost us late in the season.

38 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Agree with change of formation but part of me thinks MW doesn't know how to coach a 442 and give different instructions like other managers do who have been professional players

He doesn't know how to coach a 4-3-3 either tbf.

50 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

Aye right ! is the only time 2 positives make a negative. Double negatives are a no no.

If I've done it wrong then I bow down to you, you sound like an educated guy. Spare a thought for this auld yin who couldn't get out of school quick enough.

I would go with 352

Alnwick

Wilson      Hill    Senderos

Tav                                                      Wallace

Forrester   Hyndman   McKay

Garner  Miller