*** The Official Rangers V Morton Match Thread ***

Rangers Lady

2 minutes ago, halibutfingers said:

hate to say it.

3-1 to Morton, they have a team that plays for each other, quick front line plus they will lift their game against us.

MW does not really have a clue.

I would like us to suprise them and go for the old tried and tested 442 like Leister did last year. (but I don't know if we have the midfield with the grit, guile or the testicular fortitude to do that)

Give Alnwick a chance, drop tav from RB and bring in Hodson, Toral and Hyndman playing cm (Hyndman more advanced), Mckay and Tav on the wings (but tell Tav he has to cover when Hyndman pushes forward or you'll cut his nuts off) Garner and Doodoo up top.

Usual 60 mins subs Miller on for Garner (only due to his recent lay off) and then we are fooked no one else worth bringing on (assuming Rossiter is still injured)

Easy 4-0 win

A shame MW will play his his tried and tested formation with Halliday and Kiernan back in and do his usual subs when we are a goal down on 60 mins by removing our most creative players and replacing them with dross

Fuck up

Im just glad its a home tie, because away from home  - coming at this time - it could have been a banana skin. This is the kind of team i actually would expect us to line up 4-3-3 against and actually do something. Unfortunately that will simply re-affirm that this formation is the way to go for MW.

More of the same possession play but little clinicism.

Expect us to concede but to win game.

A bit more breathing space for MW but no less pressure due to another abject performance.

2 -1

And if he has any sense he'll play his strongest team, whatever that may be, rather than use it as a squad rotation opportunity.

Defeat and it really must be curtains for him.

Reckon we will see Haliiday and Kiernan back in unfortunately. 

Massive potential banana skin for us tbh. Morton are playing well, got a draw at Ibrox last season. However they do have a midweek game and I can see us winning 1-0 with a late, late winner as they tire.

Lose this and he's gone.

Dodoo has got to play some part in this match. Basically I'd play the same team as played against Ross County, and if that is our strongest team then all the better to play it; but now is the time to get the attack sorted. I think it will be tight for much of the match if we don't score and if we do score then hopefully we can go on and win it well. Their record in the Championship suggests we shouldn't underestimate them, and so we should be keeping it tight from midfield to defence the same way we should in every match. 

I don't have much of a fucking scooby what team I'd go for. Inundated with defensive midfielders, now we have none. Feckin dire.

I'd go 4:4:2 probably. Would want a more defensive player in amongst that midfield, but there aint any that I'd want to play.

Alnwick

Tav     Senderos   Hill     Wallace

O'H     Hyndman   Toral    McKay

Garner   Miller