***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I still don't know even before he thrust his idea of "outstanding candidates" upon us how he got the gig with us.

I've seen a few people say he was employed as an executive at Motherwell when they voted us out the leagues. I'd love to see his CV/timeline to see if the numbers match up. 

Regardless of that - the guys a wee rat. He's out of his depth and can't be trusted. 

If this is Robertsons level of ambition then he has to get tae fuck aswell seems as if he still thinks he's at fucking Motherwell 

9 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

My mate owns a pub & Tommy Wright's sister works there. TW spent most of last Friday at Ibrox, so it looks as if he's a serious contender. Just sayin.

Why would he be at Ibrox when it's well documented that we've been carrying out the interviews in London?

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Why would he be at Ibrox when it's well documented that we've been carrying out the interviews in London?

I don't know if you're being sarcastic mate, if not why would he fly to London to do an interview with us? if SkySportsNews is to believed they've said Rowatt is meeting us today - I'm assuming he's travelled up as Robertson and the interview panel were all still in Glasgow late last night at least. 

16 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

My mate owns a pub & Tommy Wright's sister works there. TW spent most of last Friday at Ibrox, so it looks as if he's a serious contender. Just sayin.

Did he travel up with the team to Inverness? :whistle:

2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Surely the new DoF will have his own list of candidates? All the names being branded about are ones which have been rumoured for weeks.

We are notorious for doing things arse over elbow. Watch us appoint a shite manager then try and present him to a respectable director of football or something. 

2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

He's perhaps the exception but I'm sure he was mentioned about a week or so ago, just the media seemed to have picked up on it the last few days.

I'm hoping the new DOF does pick the manager as the lists I'm seeing are utterly horrendous 

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic mate, if not why would he fly to London to do an interview with us? if SkySportsNews is to believed they've said Rowatt is meeting us today - I'm assuming he's travelled up as Robertson and the interview panel were all still in Glasgow late last night at least. 

He definitely wouldn't have been interviewed at Ibrox, even if we did speak with him in Scotland.

I wouldn't mind Rowett, he's the kind of manager who can get the best out of shite players. The players he had in his Birmingham team were shite and he still got them up in and around the play offs, with also very little money. Ever since they've sacked him they now have 2 wins in 15 games.

25 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If he wanted an interview I'm just assuming he would have to go to London the same as the rest of them have had to do.

It's obvious that the board want to  keep this away from the Scottish press as much as possible so I don't think they would do interviews all over the place, especially at Ibrox, but that's just pure guess work on my part.

8 minutes ago, PRW. said:

That'll be Wilson then, really good news.

Then the positivity is going to come crashing down when we appoint this fraud of a manager

I really hope it's someone who could potentially be a long term manager, I hope he has experience in European matches. We've got to stop bringing in managers and player for that matter to achieve short term goals. I hope the board have chosen someone who can see the bigger picture. I feel my positivity is going to take a crash landing.