***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Depressing if it's between they 2 I fear for us going forward I really do 

It is depressing I agree, but a sign of the times, sadly we can't compensate a "top" manager at the moment.

But what I will say is out of the favourites, Neil in particular isn't a bad choice, people keep saying he's a tarrier cause he's from Coatbridge and his middle name is Francis but I don't think he cares less about Celtic considering he's mouthed-off about them in interviews I've read, about stealing Hamilton's youth players etc. 

If you look at his managerial record, it's pretty impressive for a guy so young, he done brilliant with Hamilton when you consider they have absolute peanuts to spend. He got Norwich promoted to the EPL, fair enough he also got them relegated but look at Sean Dyche, everyone creams themself over him and he got Burnley relegated and knocked out the cup from Lincoln.

Norwich hit a sticky patch earlier on this season but he showed the grit and determination to turn it round, now they're doing well again. 

I'm still not saying he'd be my ideal choice but if you look at it on paper, we could do a hell of a lot worse than him.

Tarriers on the pitch,

tarrier in the dugout,

Day to day running of the club by a man who voted us down,

now were quite happy to employ yet another one as the manager:lol:

There is a difference between signing Italian and German catholics of world-class standing compared to what has been dished out to us over the last 5 years by the media and the rest of Scottish football.

The Board must have managed my expectations pretty well because it's getting to the stage where I'll just be happy if they don't appoint McLeish or McInnes.  Also delighted that Davies name seems to have disappeared from the reckoning ...

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Whether or not it needs to be a foreigner I'm not so sure but whoever it is needs to be able to tap into league's like Portugal, Holland, Belgium, bundesliga lower levels and bundesliga 2 etc.

we need to broaden our horizons. We had a manager tell us how awful the English market was yet all he shopped in was England. It really was baffling at times 

Wilson will definitely help with this IMO.

In practice, Wilson's appointment will remove the manager's need to do this.

Just now, PRW. said:

You're a riddy.

By stating facts or something?

Would cellic employ FDB for example? No.

Was Robertson part of the Motherwell board that voted us down? Yes.

Is the times different from signing Albertz or Amo? Yes. For the best part of  past decade or so we've been booted about from pillar to post by anyone willing to stick the boot in, yet we want the very people who were happy to do that employed at the club:rofl:

Just paranoid me.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Is the times different from signing Albertz or Amo? Yes. For the best part of  past decade or so we've been booted about from pillar to post by anyone willing to stick the boot in, yet we want the very people who were happy to do that employed at the club:rofl:

Just paranoid me.

Didn't know that about Robertson.  If it's true, he should have been nowhere near our club. 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Just paranoid me.

This 'Catholic', 'tarrier' chat is so outdated that it's a riddy. Generally the best man for the job should be all that matters. If enough of us think the way you do we're just making it that bit easier for the filth to stay ahead of us. I thought we got about 30 years ago that limiting our pool of potential players and employees is damaging.

14 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Interesting article - Rowett’s cycle theory sound as though he's onto something. But this passage stood out for me.

the tactical side of his philosophy is something he works on exhaustively in pre-season until the players automatically understand what’s required in any given situation – 1-0 up, 1-0 down, 1-1, at home, away from home, whatever. The players shouldn’t need to be told how to react in those situations because it’s already ingrained from that block of work in the summer.

This is something we have been lacking in recent years

1 minute ago, Trooblue said:

Didn't know that about Robertson.  If it's true, he should have been nowhere near our club. 

Robertson was a Motherwell employee and did what he felt he had to do for Motherwell. I'd expect nothing less. Remember this was a club who's supporters threatened a boycott if their Board didn't vote us down. They held their Board over a barrel. In reality Robertson probably had little choice in which way Motherwell voted.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

This 'Catholic', 'tarrier' chat is so outdated that it's a riddy. Generally the best man for the job should be all that matters. If enough of us think the way you do we're just making it that bit easier for the filth to stay ahead of us. I thought we got about 30 years ago that limiting our pool of potential players and employees is damaging.

So no issues with Martin O'Neil coming in as manager...

Just now, Inigo said:

How can you completely miss the point I'm making? How hard is it to understand.

I couldn't care less if we signed Catholics. We have done like Albertz, Amo and Mo. That was then. I'm talking about now. I'm talking about the club and it's fans having been demonised for the best part of a decade by every single ounce of Scottish football and people are quite happy to jump into bed with them to build those bridges that so need to be built? 

That's what I'm talking about. We could sign a team of Italian catholics tomorrow and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Having them managed by any manager that is a cellic fan is a completely different story. Giving money to St J and Cosgrove who has continually slated us for 5 years is a completely different story. Look how that worked out eh. Signing a player who according to his father couldn't care less about the club and is here for the big cheque is a completely different story. 

That's the difference I'm talking about. 

We have a caretaker who is a cellic fan and is DAUNTED about going to parkhead ffs.

We have a MD who was part of the Motherwell board who voted us down and your trying to tell me out of the candidates we were linked with he was the best man for the job?

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

So no issues with Martin O'Neil coming in as manager...

Of course.

I take it you can't think of any other reason for him not being a great candidate other than him being a catholic?

Just now, Inigo said:

Of course.

I take it you can't think of any other reason for him not being a great candidate other than him being a catholic?

Of course what, you'd have him as manager??

Me, nothing to do with him being Catholic, but the fact he managed them - but by going with your reasoning, that shouldn't be an issue. 

As an aside, he was a hate-filled bastard. So no, nothing to do with him being catholic.

56 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

This board will appoint the cheapest of cheap and that will be the end of it. 

Well they'll be going for Rowatt then because Pedro is on £2m a year and it'll cost us 300-600k to get him out his contract.