Cammy Bell on MW

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There isn't much in their we didn't already know or haven't discussed or speculated on. We don't get some proof that our suspicions were right. Also looks like King and Co made the correct decisions and explains a little about the relationship breaking down. King wasn't happy torn him a new one, Warburton didn't take the criticism well. 

What's stopping Weir and McParland doing a good job though? 

Warburton era is over.

Bells Career is over.

Let's get this season over 

Just now, theweebluenose said:

Yep just confirming what had long been suspected, saying that we were right not to allow him to go on loan to the sheep. 

If they were giving us a fee or at least paying his wage then I'd have let them take him no problem. Hardly strengthening them is it?

6 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

The only defence I could make for that case is that, teaching something that comes to you naturally isn't as easy as what you'd think. Weir could analyze a situation and know where to stand to defend, teaching that too someone isn't as easy and most of the time it's experience that does it. 

Also I think this backs up the rumour that we did no set piece training and no real analysis of losses were done. Also lapses in communication are bad see ICTS second goal against us. If weir was playing he'd likely do a job unlike watching from the sidelines where he can't tell mongo #1 and mongo #2 where to stand and who to mark. 

Still inexcusable and much better could have been done because it's true, we really don't know what Weir was doing. He couldn't have been coaching because nothing ever changed. 

Only thing I could day to that is while it may be difficult to get positional coaching over in games,training is the place to rectify it and replicate situations. For example,ball over the top splits the defence,keep practicing how to defend that in training til it sticks. I know you're not defending weir there,its a baffling one as to what he brought to the table. I couldn't make it in the 3rd division and I got better coaching than these guys were getting

While he's saying everything the fans/media have been saying for months, i'd still take everything a disgruntled ex player says with a pinch of salt.

Happens at every club, someone who isn't happy and leaves has a dig at the manager, if one of our current players had the balls to say something then fair enough, imagine it'd be too much pressure for them to open their mouths though and speak up.

8 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Barton acts like a bell end too often, but he's played at a very high level pretty consistently throughout his career and he would've known that we were a mess when he was here.

He allegedly had a barney with Warburton and one of his golden boys Halliday, so it's no surprise that it was Barton who got punted.

If only the board had seen back then how poor Warburton and Halliday were, we could've still had an excellent midfielder on our books.

Better still, we could have got a new boss in, in time to have a bit of an impact.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Not saying anything we didn't already think anyway but still some are giving him grief for saying it.

This place is fucked at times :lol:

Why not say it at the time instead of waiting a season before spouting it? 

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If anything that would have made him look even more bitter imo.

Just makes him look desperate and a shite bag now IMO.

Have the balls to say it when it's needed not when every cunt already knows the story. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

Just makes him look desperate and a shite bag now IMO.

Have the balls to say it when it's needed not when every cunt already knows the story. 

TBH if he had come out with the last June when he left everyone would have laughed at him and called him bitter.

Just now, gj923 said:

TBH if he had come out with the last June when he left everyone would have laughed at him and called him bitter.

I wouldn't. 

It was obvious last season Warburton was a one dimensional manager who was a failure int he big games. 

It would be no more bitter than it appears now but at least back then it would have got the message out more. What good is it now? It's not like we don't know these things.

Waiting till the damage is done then spouting all this is pointless. 

9 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Barton acts like a bell end too often, but he's played at a very high level pretty consistently throughout his career and he would've known that we were a mess when he was here.

He allegedly had a barney with Warburton and one of his golden boys Halliday, so it's no surprise that it was Barton who got punted.

If only the board had seen back then how poor Warburton and Halliday were, we could've still had an excellent midfielder on our books.

My belief is the MD (Robertson) and the Chairman and most probably all or most of the rest of the Board should have seen that Warburton (and Weir) were not up to doing a proper job of leading Rangers in the SPFL.  Like most of us they could see the way the results were going, the rank awful performances, the stubborn and predictable approach to tactics and formation that made us so easy to play against, and so on.  The row with Barton is another example where Warburton could only reach out for he disciplinary rulebook instead (as more capable leaders might have done) of looking for other less controversial and less costly ways of dealing with argumentative confrontation   

My point is the Board - led by King - has failed here big time by either wilfully or recklessly adopting a course of systemic inaction until Warburton tripped up on his agent's shoelaces with the whole 'we resigned - no we've not fiasco' which is still running and which may yet end up costing the Club a fair whack of much needed money in compensation.   IMO King, Robertson and the Board could have and should have acted far more decisively far earlier - at the very latest after the OF game that most of them chose not to attend.   But instead they have allowed the creation of another mess to happen by delaying and then trying to be opportunistic in the 'they've resigned' line they are taking.  

They may, incidentally, be correct in winning their argument that Warburton resigned......but it does not excuse them for an abject failure to see the way things were developing and act much more quickly.