***** The Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread *****

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Yea I doubt he'll start too, I just hope Waghorn doesn't start either. Would like to see someone like Dodoo up front and use his pace to exploit them on the bigger pitch.

I don't think he's going to change anything for Sunday as he seems to be favouring Waghorn by starting him every game but maybe this is Waghorns trial to see if Pedro think's he's can be part of the new squad or not.

I will say one thing, Waghorn needs to score against them.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

I don't think he's going to change anything for Sunday as he seems to be favouring Waghorn by starting him every game but maybe this is Waghorns trial to see if Pedro think's he's can be part of the new squad or not.

I will say one thing, Waghorn needs to score against them.

I hope not because we need to switch it up, no way can we start Tav at RB and have no RM who will track Tierneys runs. Waghorn needs to score but I really can't see it happening hope he proves me wrong though.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I hope not because we need to switch it up, no way can we start Tav at RB and have no RM who will track Tierneys runs. Waghorn needs to score but I really can't see it happening hope he proves me wrong though.

If you move Tav to midfield and bring back LH, who can you drop in midfield ?

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Bad Robot said:

If you move Tav to midfield and bring back LH, who can you drop in midfield ?

I'd drop McKay or Waghorn and play 5 in midfield so we could stifle them down the wings

Wes (if fit)

Hodson Hill (if fit) Wilson Beerman

Holt Toral Hyndman 

Tav Miller McKay/Dodoo

We're in a shite position where only Miller out of our front men is a straightforward starter. Waghorn and McKay have been fucking woeful - we might only get a couple of chances here, if they fall to Waghorn there's no point in us even turning up. Garners barely played and done very little and Dodoo though outstanding against Aberdeen was quiet last week, plus it's a bastard of a game to throw anyone into.

Tav done well in front of Hodson and offers the extra protection/energy/physicality we'll need. McKay has it all to prove, he's gone from links to multi-million pound moves to now playing for his future here. We need him to turn in the performances he gave against them in this game last season and at New Year - i'd bring Dodoo on when the game opens up later on. 

Midfield picks itself.

Hill has to play if he can, Bates has done fine but on the ball he just can't be trusted here seen as even though Warburtons gone Wes still seems insistent on playing the short ball almost every time. Sinclair, Dembele, Forrest and Armstrong will all squeeze up desperate to hound the boy as soon as we try and play out.  i just can't see any other scenario besides the lad getting eaten alive unless we use the long ball and just let him defend, which he's actually pretty good at. 

2 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Wes (if fit)

Hodson Hill (if fit) Wilson Beerman

Holt Toral Hyndman 

Tav Miller McKay/Dodoo

We're in a shite position where only Miller out of our front men is a straightforward starter. Waghorn and McKay have been fucking woeful - we might only get a couple of chances here, if they fall to Waghorn there's no point in us even turning up. Garners barely played and done very little and Dodoo though outstanding against Aberdeen was quiet last week, plus it's a bastard of a game to throw anyone into.

Tav done well in front of Hodson and offers the extra protection/energy/physicality we'll need. McKay has it all to prove, he's gone from links to multi-million pound moves to now playing for his future here. We need him to turn in the performances he gave against them in this game last season and at New Year - i'd bring Dodoo on when the game opens up later on. 

Midfield picks itself.

Hill has to play if he can, Bates has done fine but on the ball he just can't be trusted here seen as even though Warburtons gone Wes still seems insistent on playing the short ball almost every time. Sinclair, Dembele, Forrest and Armstrong will all squeeze up desperate to hound the boy as soon as we try and play out.  i just can't see any other scenario besides the lad getting eaten alive unless we use the long ball and just let him defend, which he's actually pretty good at. 

You're being a bit harsh on the boy there. He never hides, he always makes himself available, and tries to play the correct pass. He looks confident on the ball, Wilson looks a much improved player alongside him, don't knock his confidence, he looks way better than Kiernan. If you're reading this Mr Kiernan, I'm only saying that to help the boy, you've no worries when you're fully fit. Although you've not been fully fit when you've been playing for us, have you????

6 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

You're being a bit harsh on the boy there. He never hides, he always makes himself available, and tries to play the correct pass. He looks confident on the ball, Wilson looks a much improved player alongside him, don't knock his confidence, he looks way better than Kiernan. If you're reading this Mr Kiernan, I'm only saying that to help the boy, you've no worries when you're fully fit. Although you've not been fully fit when you've been playing for us, have you????

I can't for the life of me see how he's confident on the ball mate. In the opening 15 minutes of each game he's made mistakes and resorted to launching it, or in the Patrick game Holt would be making sure to stand within yards of him to take it off him. Celtic will be licking their chops at the thought of us trying to play that deep. It will cost us a goal, bank on it.

I really think Waghorns value to the starting lineup is underestimated: yes he's a poor finisher, decision making is questionable at times but a lot of defences fold when he's running at them. Its hard to explain, he may not create goals or chances, but he creates situations where goals or chances might be created afterwords. The Waghorn effect.

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

I really think Waghorns value to the starting lineup is underestimated: yes he's a poor finisher, decision making is questionable at times but a lot of defences fold when he's running at them. Its hard to explain, he may not create goals or chances, but he creates situations where goals or chances might be created afterwords. The Waghorn effect.

Waghorn doesn't run at defences it's more like a slow jog with Terrible ball control

would like too see Doodo and miller upfront . Mckay's been woeful the last couple of months I don't doubt Garner's and waggs efforts but they simply need to many chances too score in a game which might not present many chances for us.

last match against them I thought if Miller played further forward instead of waggy and was presented the chances Waggy had we would have won it

We are wasting our time turning up at Hampden apparently. Just finished a trawl through some articles and columns of the expert, we have no chance it seems. Even if we somehow win tomorrow it will be because Rasellikbyrawaybigman have been shite. If I had a ticket I would be giving it away.

INTAE THESE FUCKERS RANGERS. Hold nothing back.