Barrie McKay Training with under 20's

Smile

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, CoopsLaud said:

MOH can get tae fuck but would really like to see Barrie make it here in a decent team. Hope he screws the nut and proves his place

If any player doesn't want to be at Ibrox then phone them a taxi, it's the Rangers way and goes back to the days of Mr. Struth.

13 minutes ago, blueretro said:

I saw that. Looks like your info was spot on. Good call

My info was from Zander because he had saw that squad list & asked liam if he was going out on loan again .. he was told mckay was told last week to find himself a new club by monday or hed be training with the 20s .. a 1st teamer showed a text to mckay saying how was the club hunting going & he sent back a picture of a driver & a tee saying club choice has been fine ? 

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

He's on the list but not in the squad for Thursday I think

Not sure about that as wee Liams not allowed out on loan this season ad hes the 3rd keeper in the europa squad & hes not on the list 

5 minutes ago, Clarkyyy said:

Not sure about that as wee Liams not allowed out on loan this season ad hes the 3rd keeper in the europa squad & hes not on the list 

Don't know what list you're talking about. I was referring to Uefa's list which McKay is on but he's not in the squad for tomorrow. 

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2018/matches/round=2000886/match=2021739/lineups/index.html

7 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Don't know what list you're talking about. I was referring to Uefa's list which McKay is on but he's not in the squad for tomorrow. 

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2018/matches/round=2000886/match=2021739/lineups/index.html

This is what i was talking about mate .. liam had told zander that hes in the europa list & mckay wasnt n had bn told to find a new club

McKay has clearly been given a lot to reflect on.    He'd played from Div 3 right through to games last season in the SPFL and with the first European game in 6 years just about to take place he finds that when Pedro has run the tape measure over him during the last part of last season he has concluded McKay is not good enough to be in the squad for the game on Thursday.

He was told often enough in the latter part of last season about the characteristics and attitudes Pedro was looking to see displayed.  He was told often enough that Pedro was looking for players who would deliver performances of 7 or better out of 10 on a consistent basis.  Barrie, imo, did not take his opportunities last season and the price is being paid now.   A fringe player at best.  

How he reacts to the disappointment will be interesting to see.     I wouldn't be in the least surprised if he transfers out during summer.    It may be that the strength of character he needs to develop to improve his game to produce far more 7 or better out of 10 performances at another club may come from the hard messages he is receiving under Pedro.   Feels a bit like he is getting a bit of 'Ferguson hair dryer' experience from Pedro. 

2 minutes ago, its_an_extender said:

What gets me is how McKay is getting shown the door yet we have waghorn starting every week? He may be inconsistent but on his day, waghorn doesn't have a tenth of abilty Barrie has

That's a good, but very worrying, point.

Thinking of Barrie's excellent close control, taking the ball down and beating a few men and finishing Vs Partick, then remembering Waghorns spazzy attempt on the touchline Vs the beggars.

What gets me is how McKay is getting shown the door yet we have waghorn starting every week? He may be inconsistent but on his day, waghorn doesn't have a tenth of abilty Barrie has

Yeah.

Maybe Waghorn is trying to do what he's told to and Pedro reckons he can work with that whereas he can't work with McKay if it's a mental/attitude/desire type issue.

Or maybe it's just to do with player value and length of contract with Barrie being a decent saleable asset but now entering his final year.

5 minutes ago, five stars said:

Why do we always give our young players such a hard time?

By the club? Because they dont sign contracts and we're trying to punt him.

By the fans? Because most haven't been good enough for us or amounted to anything when they've left.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah.

Maybe Waghorn is trying to do what he's told to and Pedro reckons he can work with that whereas he can't work with McKay if it's a mental/attitude/desire type issue.

Or maybe it's just to do with player value and length of contract with Barrie being a decent saleable asset but now entering his final year.

Maybe but surely if you stick McKay into the under 20s for the foreseeable, teams will think they can get him for a cut price. Best thing is to get the boy back to playing his best football. He clearly has the ability.

We don't really know wether there has been a contract offer for him or not but can't see any benefit in sticking him with u20s.

Maybe but surely if you stick McKay into the under 20s for the foreseeable, teams will think they can get him for a cut price. Best thing is to get the boy back to playing his best football. He clearly has the ability.

We don't really know wether there has been a contract offer for him or not but can't see any benefit in sticking him with u20s.

If we don't sell him this window he can sign a pre contract in Jan and walk away for nothing in the summer.

If we sell him now we can try to get a sell on %.