Pena

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

If he is out boozing, and it's a big if, that will be quickly checked by the club doctors as they will see he is dehydrated in the morning.  Didn't David Wier say we test for this every day?

He did. Hydration is tested every morning.

The Ibrox boss has revealed his squad have their urine tested every day – and if players aren’t hydrated enough they’ll be banned from training and fined.

“So if you come in here dehydrated, there are no excuses. It’s measured every morning but so far the whole group have been fantastic."

Urine tests can also detect alcohol quite easily.

7 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

What off the field antics? A photo of him going back to his seat somewhere?

Nothing to do with any photo, but based on what my mate told me. He works in a city centre bar and he told me Pena had been drinking there all week and was absolutely pished on Friday night. 

I didn't read the thread until last night and if I hadn't been told earlier I would have been highly sceptical myself.

Putting aside all the social media shite, have the press been asking questions of Pedro about how far he is off ready for action?

Also if he is getting pished every night in a city centre bar i would have thought even the smsm would have a story and pics 

28 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Nothing to do with any photo, but based on what my mate told me. He works in a city centre bar and he told me Pena had been drinking there all week and was absolutely pished on Friday night. 

I didn't read the thread until last night and if I hadn't been told earlier I would have been highly sceptical myself.

Drinking all week, absolutely pished on Friday night  but still made our bench on Sunday ?     Friday night in Glasgow city center would be busy as fuck, hoching with tarriers and Rangers haters but nobody picked up their phone to capture his drunken antics on video and try to ruin his Rangers career.... 

Is your mate a bead rattler by any chance ?

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Drinking all week, absolutely pished on Friday night  but still made our bench on Sunday ?     Friday night in Glasgow city center would be busy as fuck, hoching with tarriers and Rangers haters but nobody picked up their phone to capture his drunken antics on video and try to ruin his Rangers career.... 

Is your mate a bead rattler by any chance ?

He's no bead rattler and wouldn't make it up.

8 hours ago, cushynumber said:

The Ibrox boss has revealed his squad have their urine tested every day – and if players aren’t hydrated enough they’ll be banned from training and fined.

“So if you come in here dehydrated, there are no excuses. It’s measured every morning but so far the whole group have been fantastic."

Urine tests can also detect alcohol quite easily.

Don't talk pish

14 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Pedro said yesterday Pena is still a few weeks away from being ready. Whilst I hope he does play on Wednesday I'm not so sure he will.

Didn't he word it something along the lines of a few weeks from being able to contribute properly? 

Even a half-dead Rangers level footballer should be capable of banging out 15-20 minutes against Dunfermline mate. 

26 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Didn't he word it something along the lines of a few weeks from being able to contribute properly? 

Even a half-dead Rangers level footballer should be capable of banging out 15-20 minutes against Dunfermline mate. 

Yes let's throw in someone who isn't ready and maybe he'll pick up a long term injury because he's a few weeks off the pace. 

Fucking hell. 

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yes let's throw in someone who isn't ready and maybe he'll pick up a long term injury because he's a few weeks off the pace. 

Fucking hell. 

...he has already played in pre-season. Was he at risk of a long term injury then? I'm not even suggesting he starts, just makes an appearance at the end. He is never going to get match fit if we don't start giving him minutes. 

:lol: ludicrous post. 

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

...he has already played in pre-season. Was he at risk of a long term injury then? I'm not even suggesting he starts, just makes an appearance at the end. He is never going to get match fit if we don't start giving him minutes. 

:lol: ludicrous post. 

Pre- season showed the Gaffer he's not fully ready yet. 

So yes let's bring Pena on to loud claps and him waving merrily to fans with 10 minutes to go - then isn't sharp enough to dodge a hammer throwers tackle

Fuck that - strongest 11 every game every time. 100% effort with no room for half fit players. That's the way it should be    no matter the opposition. 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Pre- season showed the Gaffer he's not fully ready yet. 

So yes let's bring Pena on to loud claps and him waving merrily to fans with 10 minutes to go - then isn't sharp enough to dodge a hammer throwers tackle

Fuck that - strongest 11 every game every time. 100% effort with no room for half fit players. That's the way it should be    no matter the opposition. 

We'd be bringing him on when we're about 3 up and the game's dead mate. I don't advocate throwing him on when Dunfermline are still throwing themselves into tackles. This has been the done thing in football for as long as I can remember. 

We aren't going to play our strongest 11 for 90 minutes of every single game :lol: so, again, ludicrous post. When the games are won we need to be rotating.