Pena

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

???? I only said I would rather see him ahead of Pena. I didn't suggest he should be ahead of Jack or Dorrans.

Pena will be played before Rossiter given the amount of money the Managers spent on him if not the board and the support will wonder why the big spend.

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Youd rather see a defensive holding midfielder play instead of a box to box attacking midfielder?

I will get back to you on that once I see Pena play and I hope you are right.. And I think Rossiter is not as defensive as made out to be. Didn't he score for the U20's ? 

Just now, bluenoz said:

I will get back to you on that once I see Pena play and I hope you are right.. And I think Rossiter is not as defensive as made out to be. Didn't he score for the U20's ? 

I rate Rossiter highly, but they are completely different types of player mate. I hope they both become stars for us. At the moment Jack has cemented the position Rossitter plays. Pena, Windass, Miller and Krancjar will be fighting for 2 spots IMO.

I don't know if he's on it or not but my mates just posted a picture of him and Pena on Facebook in a pub.  I'm trying to find out more but he's no got back to me yet.  If he's on the swally that's an absolute joke, he's supposed to be working on fitness levels.  No going out getting full a swally, regardless of it being his day off or not.  Once he's up to full speed he can do what the fuck he wants on his day off, but today he should be in the gym getting fit or extra coaching to get ready for playing for rangers. 

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I don't know if he's on it or not but my mates just posted a picture of him and Pena on Facebook in a pub.  I'm trying to find out more but he's no got back to me yet.  If he's on the swally that's an absolute joke, he's supposed to be working on fitness levels.  No going out getting full a swally, regardless of it being his day off or not.  Once he's up to full speed he can do what the fuck he wants on his day off, but today he should be in the gym getting fit or extra coaching to get ready for playing for rangers. 

If its the picture I think it may be it was posted in this thread. It appears he was out with his wife and there are no pictures of him 'on the swally'. I believe this was on Friday night not today.

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

If its the picture I think it may be it was posted in this thread. It appears he was out with his wife and there are no pictures of him 'on the swally'. I believe this was on Friday night not today.

Naw this is a different picture with him and my mate and my mates wrote big penas on the Monday Club next to it. 

Was just reading an article about footballers' personalities etc and how they can affect their performance. I think this quote from a director of a Sports Management company kinda sums up the Morelos, Pena and Herrera transfers atm - they're still settling in and trying to get used to life here. I put myself in their shoes, I've lived in Scotland all my life, I don't know how long it'd take me to settle in over in Mexico, where I don't speak the native language, I'm not used to the weather, the way people live, missing my family etc back home.. You just need to hope once they do all settle in then we see the best out of them. Pedro isn't daft, he's got a Masters Degree in Methodology of Football Training - He's well aware you can't just throw them in at the deep end without any real preparation/support, he'll have a plan for these players which will hopefully be carried out successfully 

"Footballers are very highly paid employees, but for some reason we still think everyone should be treated in the same way. That is the same as saying: 'OK, it is physical training today, everyone runs five miles together.'

"You can see the proof every year. When a brilliant player goes for a lot of money somewhere, and does not do well, the player is blamed, the coach is blamed.

"Then, when the player goes away to another environment and becomes a star, everyone says 'oh it was too early for him', when there will be many other factors why it didn't work out, completely linked to his personality; the way he functions in a group, or the other people in a group."

I know Morelos played in Finland but you still need to factor this kind of stuff in.

Alves, Cardoso and Candeias are obviously finding things a bit easier.

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

My mates said he's wae his missus and she's had grub and that's it.....

I'd imagine that he's still in a hotel or they are getting used to the food in Glasgow and may not want to cook. I'm sure Pedro would know if he was on the swally.

Hopefully getting out around the place will help him settle in a bit. He's obviously taking a little longer than others but he hasn't had a lot of games in the last year or so and looks like he isn't naturally athletic so needs to work hard to get up to his optimum level. 

If he can regain his previous form he'll be an asset.

19 hours ago, miracle said:

Why is he so unfit with a full preseason under his belt?  I know he has only played sporadically under Pedro but the Mexican season can't be long finished and Herrera is in good shape so what's the deal?

I was actually wondering that myself mate. I remember reading up on him when he first signed and thought he looked a massive gamble for Pedro. It's literally like tossing a coin in the air with this guy - he's either going to be an absolute smash hit for us, or just another Mexican version of Joe Barton; albeit a more expensive failure.

19 hours ago, psb07158 said:

If Pena turns out to be as good or better than Dorrans then we'll be in a good place. 

I have high hopes for him. Hopefully he can get himself fit soon. If he doesn't get a run out against Dunfermline ill be surprised. 

Pedro said yesterday Pena is still a few weeks away from being ready. Whilst I hope he does play on Wednesday I'm not so sure he will.

The longer our most expensive purchase sits on the bench, the more Pedro needs to explain what's going on. I'm still hopeful he'll turn out fine for us but worried it's another questionable purchase (like the mhanks buying their Mexican international)  that just doesn't suit our game. Time will tell but no need to worry quite yet. 

If it was >£3m, he needs to play for us to sell him on for anything remotely close to that. 

20 hours ago, miracle said:

Why is he so unfit with a full preseason under his belt?  I know he has only played sporadically under Pedro but the Mexican season can't be long finished and Herrera is in good shape so what's the deal?

Enchiladas.

My mate works in a city centre bar and told me Pena was drinking in his pub all last week.

He didn't realise it was him until someone told him who he was. He was there on Friday with his Mrs, drinking Stella and absolutely pished. Depressing but sadly true. 

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Was just reading an article about footballers' personalities etc and how they can affect their performance. I think this quote from a director of a Sports Management company kinda sums up the Morelos, Pena and Herrera transfers atm - they're still settling in and trying to get used to life here. I put myself in their shoes, I've lived in Scotland all my life, I don't know how long it'd take me to settle in over in Mexico, where I don't speak the native language, I'm not used to the weather, the way people live, missing my family etc back home.. You just need to hope once they do all settle in then we see the best out of them. Pedro isn't daft, he's got a Masters Degree in Methodology of Football Training - He's well aware you can't just throw them in at the deep end without any real preparation/support, he'll have a plan for these players which will hopefully be carried out successfully 

I know Morelos played in Finland but you still need to factor this kind of stuff in.

Alves, Cardoso and Candeias are obviously finding things a bit easier.

Totally understand the notion of settling in to a new country etc, won't be judging Pena until I see his footballing ability. 

However in terms of Morelos, there's settling in and there's trying to use your chest to control a ball that's rolling along the ground. You can't blame a lack of technique on settling in. 

9 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Totally understand the notion of settling in to a new country etc, won't be judging Pena until I see his footballing ability. 

However in terms of Morelos, there's settling in and there's trying to use your chest to control a ball that's rolling along the ground. You can't blame a lack of technique on settling in. 

Any chance of linking the video of Morelos trying to control the rolling ball with his chest? Was it you who mentioned this earlier aswell?

I don't believe we will have paid anything like 3 million for him but whatever the sum was its too much for a pisshead. If the stories are true, and there appear to be too many of them for them all to be shite, then the club needs to read the riot act to him. Surely if he is totally unwilling to get himself fit then this is a disciplinary matter for a footballer?