waghorn off to ipswich

robg58

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes! They were that pleased with Garner, that they came back to buy the player that was keeping Joey on the bench some weeks. They must be having a party in the boardroom just now, they got shot of Waghorn, and they paid money for him? £1 million? For Waghorn? 

That means that we actually sold a player (if the £1 million fee is correct) for more than we bought him for. It'll never catch on, will it?

I think that we're maybe getting the hang of this transfer market thingy ( technical term in football circles) maybe we can do it again? I'm sure we've got players we don't need/want anymore. So who's next?????

Wish him well, good move for all parties if the one million fee is correct.

Also I think it's a fair few to be honest. I don't think he's had a good year, but I do think there is a not bad player in there. I'd say he like garner could be a decent championship striker... It's just not what we need to take us forward. Would think this boosts our chances of getting walker.

Also reminds me how poor it was that we let McKay leave for 500k.

Martyn Waghorn is poised to leave Rangers after the club accepted a bid from Ipswich Town

But Ipswich have agreed a fee, thought to be in the region of £1million, for the 27-year-old.

Waghorn, a former England U21 international, moved to Scotland from Wigan in 2015 and helped Rangers back into the top flight of Scottish football.

He scored 16 SPL goals last season but has only a year remaining on his contract at Ibrox.

Cheers Martin & good luck.

2 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

No danger we've made a profit on a player, there must be some mistake.

Did we not buy Waghorn and Tavernier from Wigan for a reported fee of £200,000 each? If so that is a decent profit for a guy who is surplus to requirements. If he goes I wish him the best of luck for his past efforts in getting us back to the Premier League.

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Martyn Waghorn is poised to leave Rangers after the club accepted a bid from Ipswich Town

But Ipswich have agreed a fee, thought to be in the region of £1million, for the 27-year-old.

Waghorn, a former England U21 international, moved to Scotland from Wigan in 2015 and helped Rangers back into the top flight of Scottish football.

He scored 16 SPL goals last season but has only a year remaining on his contract at Ibrox.

Cheers Martin & good luck.

He scored 16 League goals last season ? 

So who you think we'll be going for other than Walker since Waghorn is heading for the exit?

Nonetheless, I liked Waghorn, I feel it was his lack of confidence after a poor season last season that hindered him, one wonders how he would have done in and around better players, scored against Watford in the pre season friendly albeit friendly, I wish him well. It would be a good piece of business and would certainly free up the wages and give us the money.

Pedro did say players would have to move on first before bringing anyone else in, so could this be Walker coming in now and someone else? After all some of that money from this deal should go towards Walker and I imagine if Louis Moult (as much as people dislike him) is a likely target?