*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Just now, saintbob1969 said:

First choice defenders all injured. Young lad coming in doing a great job for us. We should be closer but need a bit more luck and money, depth of squad, more quality. Anything we got from today was going to be a miracle. celtic will be hammered mid-week in Europe though.

First choice shitebags/defenders would have been no different , they are brutal too.........

Just now, Bakbear said:

I disagree. We can be as staunch as we like but they are fucking streets ahead. We howl at the moon whenever folk say it and even call our ex players seek outs for saying. The harsh reality is it’s the truth. 

What's being staunch got to do with it? the truth is we are a decent manager away from making a fist of it. Not Pedro, not Warburton, Not McCoist but a decent manager. 

14 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

First thing Walter would have done was get a defence that can defend , other than the youngster theres not one decent defender in our squad.

Tavernier & Wallace (I know he's not playing today but I'm making a bigger point here) would have been two of the first out the door under him and you can bet the Walter Smith who was here the second time around wouldn't have signed some flakey Portugese centre half who doesn't like the physical side of the Scottish game for over a million quid when we have next to no money either.

1 minute ago, Bakbear said:

I disagree. We can be as staunch as we like but they are fucking streets ahead. We howl at the moon whenever folk say it and even call our ex players seek outs for saying. The harsh reality is it’s the truth. 

Bullshit they are no that special , the correct substitutions at half time and we were still in it.

I agree we are miles behind but if you look at Sheep, thistle, Saints they have all given I would say celtic a tougher game than we have.

did we have a game plan first half? After the goal Pedro pushed them further forward but before that we seemed a bit hope for the best.

Pedro still doesn't give me much confidence. With less finances we need a bette le technician 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yes he could. celtic are nothing special. We have a team of shite bags and a clueless manager.

This.

We make them look far better than they are.

As long as their best players are Lego, thumb and sinclair then there's a massive chance.

The main difference for me is Pedro vs rodgers.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

What's being staunch got to do with it? the truth is we are a decent manager away from making a fist of it. Not Pedro, not Warburton, Not McCoist but a decent manager. 

No we’re not mate. Totally disagree. 

No manager gets Hodson to that ball first. No manager gets McCrorie to see the run from behind him. No manager gets Foderingham down at his near post to save that from that cunt. 

Just look at their bench today. Everyone on their bench walks into our first team. We are miles off it.

They've got a few players who are a class above ours who can turn a game and snap up a half chance. That and a bit of luck has been the difference. We've done ok with what we have and could have had something out of this with a bit of good fortune. I wouldn't put too much blame on Pedro for this. 

2 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Stop blaming Pedro.  We've attacked well today. They're a better fuckin side with 5 years CL money ahead of us and we should have gone in at HT 1 up. With our first choice 11 we would not be losing 

could you give him money again? after what he brought in? 

1 minute ago, Gaffbear said:

Stop blaming Pedro.  We've attacked well today. They're a better fuckin side with 5 years CL money ahead of us and we should have gone in at HT 1 up. With our first choice 11 we would not be losing 

How exactly would we not be losing? You think Alves and Wallace would have changed this?

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Tavernier & Wallace (I know he's not playing today but I'm making a bigger point here) would have been two of the first out the door under him and you can bet the Walter Smith who was here the second time around m wouldn't have signed some flakey Portugese centre half who doesn't like he physical side of the Scottish game for over a million quid when we have next to no money either.

Exactly. This has been my main point for ages now.

1 minute ago, callumbo87 said:

I agree we are miles behind but if you look at Sheep, thistle, Saints they have all given I would say celtic a tougher game than we have.

did we have a game plan first half? After the goal Pedro pushed them further forward but before that we seemed a bit hope for the best.

Pedro still doesn't give me much confidence. With less finances we need a bette le technician 

They can deny it all they want but playing us is miles different to St Johnstone or the Sheep. They are hugely motivated for our games and they dominate possession on those other games too. 

1 minute ago, callumbo87 said:

Every team in Scotland raises their game for us. That includes the scum.